Author Topic: "Password incorrect"? No it's not!!!!  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
"Password incorrect"? No it's not!!!!
« on: November 14, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
Lately, when I log in from the front page, I wind up getting a "password incorrect" message, and it asks me to re-enter my password. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: "Password incorrect"? No it's not!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
I had a problem a couple of weeks ago: http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=22113.0, and I believe I have figured out why that happened, and it involves what you are experiencing...

I always login to the site from my computer, iPad, or phone. Lately, I've been accessing the site from computers on campus in the library, and for some reason, whenever I go to log back in on my normal computer or wherever, I have to re-enter my username and password. Because this information is already stored on my devices, it's automatically inserted into the username and password fields, but when I click login, it says my password is incorrect. I then have to erase the password and re-type it in. It's a little annoying, but I've at least figured out the root of the problem.

As for you, have you been logging in from a different source than usual, or even a different browser? If so, then that's your problem. As far as fixing it goes, I have no clue. Maybe Seth knows something we don't.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker