Author Topic: New Addition to GSN  (Read 8056 times)

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New Addition to GSN
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
It'll be cool to have more variety of shows on GSN like they did before.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New Addition to GSN: Season 2 of STYD
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:45 PM »
Going to bump this because new information was released a while ago.

On July 25th, by the look of the schedule, GSN will air Season 2 episodes of STYD in its usual 5 o'clock slot. This would be great since GSN reran the entire PAX version and now we get to see the Lifetime episodes.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
July 25 is a very unusual date to start a new-to-GSN run of reruns.  That's a Friday.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »
Going to bump this because new information was released a while ago.

On July 25th, by the look of the schedule, GSN will air Season 2 episodes of STYD in its usual 5 o'clock slot. This would be great since GSN reran the entire PAX version and now we get to see the Lifetime episodes.

That may not be the Lifetime version.  The FOX Family Channel version got two seasons as well.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »
This would be great since GSN reran the entire PAX version
Not entirely true. GSN has aired most of the 180 episodes that comprise the seventh and eighth overall seasons, which are the entire PAX version as far as Pat Finn, Dee Baker, and the mall and stunts go. GSN has not yet aired any of the following two seasons, which comprise the "megastore" period.

The FOX Family Channel version got two seasons as well.
Just "The Family Channel" at that point, although the second season of that period (sixth overall) did finish airing the day before the network became FOX Family. Per a partial master copy from the first Family Channel season (fifth overall) having a listing of "#144", this may be the most plausible conclusion.

That said, it is also possible is that the Lifetime period used an overall episode counter, and this is what is being referenced. The first six seasons produced a combined total of 620 episodes, so this could rather feasibly go either way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:06:54 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:34 AM »
Out of curiosity, GSB, what is the source of this schedule?

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »
Not entirely true. GSN has aired most of the 180 episodes that comprise the seventh and eighth overall seasons, which are the entire PAX version as far as Pat Finn, Dee Baker, and the mall and stunts go. GSN has not yet aired any of the following two seasons, which comprise the "megastore" period.
Just "The Family Channel" at that point, although the second season of that period (sixth overall) did finish airing the day before the network became FOX Family. Per a partial master copy from the first Family Channel season (fifth overall) having a listing of "#144", this may be the most plausible conclusion.

That said, it is also possible is that the Lifetime period used an overall episode counter, and this is what is being referenced. The first six seasons produced a combined total of 620 episodes, so this could rather feasibly go either way.

Sorry about that.  I thought It was Fox Family at that point.  Anyways, most of us thought they were going back to the beginning of the Lifetime version when they got STYD, but they ended up starting with the beginning of the PAX version.   This is one of those, we'll have to wait and see what they put on.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
Hopefully GSN did pick up the Lifetime episodes, considering that Mark Walberg did work with the channel, but I believe Dee did work during season two of the Family Channel run shortly after Jason Grant got the axe, if I'm correct.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:59:43 PM by GSB92 »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
I believe Dee did work during season two of the Family Channel run shortly after Jason Grant got the axe, if I'm correct.
I believe so, yes. From what I can tell, Jason Grant Smith only did the first Family Channel season (1996-97) with Dee doing the second.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Ivoryman86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »
I believe so, yes. From what I can tell, Jason Grant Smith only did the first Family Channel season (1996-97) with Dee doing the second.
When Dee took over in 1997, I know there was still no stunt explanation music yet but did the mall actually make cosmetic changes along the way and did Pat immediately go to suits and ties? I recognize Pat wearing ties during the first 2 seasons of STYD but went casual once they eliminated the "gag" prizes and added more expensive prizes to raise the ante to $2500 to win the vacation of a lifetime.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »
When Dee took over in 1997, I know there was still no stunt explanation music yet but did the mall actually make cosmetic changes along the way and did Pat immediately go to suits and ties? I recognize Pat wearing ties during the first 2 seasons of STYD but went casual once they eliminated the "gag" prizes and added more expensive prizes to raise the ante to $2500 to win the vacation of a lifetime.
Fixed it for ya.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Ivoryman86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Fixed it for ya.
I said 2 seasons because remember, the first season actually had 2 sets of on-camera audiences during the stunt rounds but the 2nd season was just audience sweetning effects, yes Pat did wear ties in the 2nd season, but it was the 3rd season in which Pat first went casual and when the end game was upped to $2500 to win the vacation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:57:22 PM by Ivoryman86 »

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
I said 2 seasons because remember, the first season actually had 2 sets of on-camera audiences during the stunt rounds but the 2nd season was just audience sweetning effects, yes Pat did wear ties in the 2nd season, but it was the 3rd season in which Pat first went casual and when the end game was upped to $2500 to win the vacation.
The 2nd season (1992-93) upped the end game to $2,500 and had Pat wearing casual attire. Not the third season.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I'm hoping it's the 2nd season of The New Shop 'Til You Drop (Family Channel) that comes to GSN later this month, because there's hardly any episodes of that season in the trading circuit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:44:25 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Ivoryman86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
The 2nd season (1992-93) upped the end game to $2,500 and had Pat wearing casual attire. Not the third season.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I'm hoping it's the 2nd season of The New Shop 'Til You Drop (Family Channel) that comes to GSN later this month, because there's hardly any episodes of that season in the trading circuit.
You're getting the seasons confused Nick, the Lifetime TV run went like this:
First season: 1991 w/former WOF director Jeff Goldstein as director and had Mark L. introducing the episode's couples in the opening.
Second season: 1992: The intro was shortened and the episode's couples came down the stairs WHILE we see the vacation spots in the intro, this was the same intro for the 3rd season. The 2nd season was still $1000 and still had "gag" prizes that not even TPIR used in any form and still had the red timer box and still used the old CMH stunt cues as well.
Third Season: 1993: New music cues are heard including the cue that eventually became the Quicksilver theme, but the College Mad House theme is still heard as the main theme music and a new blue clock timer box is introduced.
Fourth Season: 1994: The show re-locates to Universal Studios Hollywood and once again, the audience is seen on-camera and Pat enters through the stairs along with their new theme music. This was the earliest season that PAX has ever rerun, and the 60-Minute 1993 Holiday Special was a sneak-peak to Season 4.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:04:52 PM by Ivoryman86 »