Author Topic: Early 2007 HOVIE AWARD Announcements  (Read 1856 times)

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
Early 2007 HOVIE AWARD Announcements
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »
Last June I instituted the HOVIE AWARDS for the worst advertising on TV.  For you newbies, the HOVIES are named in (dis)honor of the Hoveround Singers' commercial "You Made Me Love You".  While I usually wait until after the last new PRICE episode of the season, a botched advertising campaign in the Boston area has motivated me to announce the following special awards to be given this year:

The SHOULD'VE STAYED INSIDE THE BOX AWARD:  To Turner Broadcasting and their "AquaTeen Hunger Force" highway box campaign in Boston.  Did it occur to you people to let the mayor know that these boxes were NOT a terrorist plot BEFORE you placed them????  I don't THINK so!  This is a one-time special award, as the campaign did not appear on TV.

Secondly, I am instituting the OVALTINE LIFETIME UNDERACHIEVEMENT AWARD.  Named for, you guessed it, the Ovaltine company for repeatedly hiring the WORST actors in history to hawk their product.  Ovaltine will receive the underachievement award this year, and henceforth, the award will be named in its (dis)honor.

So be sure to join Ovaltine, Turner Broadcasting, and the rest of this year's winners (losers?) at the second annual HOVIE AWARDS this June, almost live from the Wilford Brimley Auditorium and Medical Supply Center.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"