Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/01/2007  (Read 16355 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/01/2007
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »

Production #3864K - Taped Dec. 12, 2006 (on Barker's 83rd birthday)

Bob: audience entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Mrs. Kenny Smith

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood (her 36th was yesterday) and Shane Stirling

Wearing: Jessica Howard

1   Runco 26" LCD HDTV Monitor (B)

SONYA 2500
KEVIN 350
PHILLIP *1999
DANIEL 701
($2495)

Phillip gets to walk down the GOLDEN ROAD

Nabisco Fig Newtons (snack)62¢
Broyhill Continents Hall Chest (S)*506$650*
highbrowfurniture.com Nelson Marshmallow Sofa (G)2*9552695LOSS
Cadillac XLR (Std., Prot)(B)82*xx

2   Hohner Resonator Banjo (G&S)

+Sonya *1200
+Kevin 1000
HEATHER 1100
+Daniel 800
($1259)

Sonya plays PUNCHBOARD

Retrostyle Telephone$30HIGHER$60*(21)500
(Silhouette) Steam Iron16HIGHER24*(25)1000
Cereal Dispenser59LOWER40*(10)50
(Oregon Scientific) Compact Weather Radio90LOWER46*(50)250LOSS

3   Wooden Game Table (G + B w/a doggy)

LINDSAY 875
+Kevin 750
Heather 1000
+Daniel *1
($600)

Daniel plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Royal Doulton Gray Mica Dinnerware (S)$1448
Current Flame Odyssey Electric Fireplace (B)3200
Heritage Freestanding Safe (G)PICK2097LOSS

With all due respect to the ladies, this little doggy knew who he wanted to be cuddling up with...RICH.

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$600Daniel35 + 45.801.00*$1000*   Bonus 65   Through to Showcase Round
1,679Sonya55 + 20.75
3,145Phillip65 + 15.80.90

4   (Craftsman) 10HP Riding Lawn Mower/Commit Lozenges (S)

Lindsay 1500
+Kevin 1000
Heather 3000
BILLY *650
($980)

Billy plays DOUBLE PRICES for a Chalet Alpine Folding Travel Trailer (G)

$11,880PICK
($11,880)WIN!
$10,259

5   7 Igloo Coolers (G)

Lindsay 450
+Kevin *500
Heather 5
FRANK 250
($605)
STUPID BIDSTUPID BID

Kevin, the last of the "First Four" plays GROCERY GAME for a trip to Nanaimo, BC (6n @ Tigh-Na-Mara)(G&S)($6259)

(3) Clorox Bleach4 x 1.49$5.96- 15.04
(4) Space Bag (Large)1 x 5.9911.95- 9.05
(2) Gold Bond Body Lotion2 x 8.95$17.9029.85LOSS

(1) Super Poligrip (1.2 oz)
(5) MidNite Sleep Aid (30)

6   Funtek USA Healthbounce Trampoline (B)

Lindsay *1
Megin 1750
Heather 850
Frank 900
($795)

Lindsay plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 7 8 6 4 1 5
Dodge Charger (Std., Stability, Conv. #1)(G)$2 --,1 -- 7($23,107)
Ahsley Bittersweet Dining Group (S)$4 6 5LOSS
That Damned Piggy Bank$--.8 --(9.82)

SHOWDOWN #2

$605Kevin75 stay.75
1,260Lindsay20 + 15.35
12,900Billy20 + 60.80Through to Showcase Round

ROBAIR MACKEY SEMI-MEMORIAL STAG SHOWCASE ROUND

Billy, our saviour, has the honor.

SC1-Daniel

EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE
3 pc Bar Set (B&G)
(Nicktoons Racing) Video Arcade Game (B)
Safety Tubs Walk-In Bathtub (G)
Corsican Virginia Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (B&G)
BID$12,000
PRICE20,333
DIFF- 8,333
TOTAL$21,933

SC2-Billy

SANDY THE SURFER (S)
(Motorola) Cellular Phone
Trip to Tahiti (6n @ Radisson)
Pontiac G6 GT Conv. (Std., AirBag, Prem, Sport)
BID$28,000
PRICE43,099
DIFF- 15,099

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6

Total Winnings: $41,522

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/01/2007
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »
Not the greatest of shows today, very very average in my estimation.

Golden Road: I'm anxious to find out how much time was spent on this game today. It took a while and Philip didn't even make it to the end, which probably would not have helped time wise at this point. That Caddy at the end was Bee-yoo-ti-ful. Too bad the same can't be said about that sofa.

Punchboard: Really should have seen this one coming, Grand or Punch it seems are always played after Golden Road is played. I would have quit and taken the $1000, at least Sonja didn't wind up with $50.

Most Expensive: Ugh, this was difficult to say the least. No way did that fireplace look like it was $3200+.

Double Prices: **aroo** **aroo** Random Trailer alert, be on the lookout, be on the lookout.

Grocery Game: Kevin should have won this. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Any Number: That was evil. E-V-I-L. $23,107? I didn't think the 0 would be in the car. Really can't fault Lindsay for not winning the car with such a difficult price as it had.

Offline MrDeePay

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
Looks like the trick in Golden Road didn't work out in today's playing.  Then again, that sofa didn't look like it was $2600+ to me.  Can't get 'em all, I guess.

On a side note, anyone catch when Bob was getting to the turntable before Grocery Game and said Kevin has been down in contestants row since he came through the big doors?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »
Man...I had class on a day that Golden Road was played for a Cadillac XLR!  I thought that the XLR was $79,000+.  I guess the price went up a few notches.  Oh well...maybe I'll learn not to sign up for a 9:30-10:50 AM class in the future!    :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
This one was a Convertible, Bulldog, which probably pushed its price up a couple thousand.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
Good show overall, but of course my favorite part was when the puppy went over to Rich.  That was so sweet!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »
It's great to see Golden Road with the rainbow and without the car turntable!  It's not a bad prop, but I think it's a nice change of pace to have the car just on the stage, like it has been for over 30 years.  That evil piece of furniture strikes again, and Philip did not know about the "repeating digits" rule so that's too bad.

The SPs in Punchboard were incredibly easy.  I was suprised that Sonya did not quit with $1,000; as some contestants do that.

It was great to see Rich get some camera time with the puppy.

That fireplace also strikes again!  Daniel's shirt indicates this show was taped on Bob's 83rd birthday.

Lindsay was a gracious loser with the dinette, $23,107 is a difficult price to guess for a car like that.

This one was a Convertible, Bulldog, which probably pushed its price up a couple thousand.

The Cadillac XLR has always been a convertible.  The base price is around $79,000.  The one used today must have had $3,000+ in fabric protectant or something.

The Every Room In the House showcase was quite expensive!  I think the bar set or the video game must have been the ones that beefed it up.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »
Golden Road: Because of the snow, I missed the show up until when Bob introduced the prizes.  (I really wanted to see Bob make the audience entrance.)  I can't believe Philip chose the 5, since 5 was already in the price.  That was an obvious wrong answer.

Punch-a-bunch: I would have stuck with $1,000.  Anything over $1,000 is what I would take.  I'm just glad she didn't wind up with $50.

Showcase Showdown 1:  Yet another 1,000 winner.  The wheel is especially hot in the year of 2007.

Double Prices: I normally hate seeing this game being played, but since the choices were over $10,000 I didn't mind it as much.

Grocery Game: It's nice to see this game being played again, even if it was a loss.  I did notice Bob saying he came through the big doors, even though he came from the audience.  A funny moment!

SC1:  My Bid $16,400 / ARP $20,333 / Diff $3,933
SC2:  My Bid $33,660 / ARP $43,099 / Diff $9,439

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »
Golden Road: This was NOT going to be won today. For the second prize, I would have said 0, and would have lost too. Picking 5 was an automatic loss.

Punch-a-Bunch: Success in the first part; not so much at the board.

IUFB3: A historic moment, I think! A pet jumps into the announcer's lap!

Most Expensive: It was lost. Too bad.

Double Prices: Easy.

Grocery Game: Went well up until the lotion.

Any Number: IMPOSSIBLE. PERIOD. That Dodge had no excuse for ending in 7.

Showcases: It's obvious that Roger did NOT want any cars won today.

Overall: HORRIBLE show today. Second worst of the season, behind the total skunking earlier this season.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 04:13:51 PM »
I missed most of this episode--but I was able to catch the end of it.  Only 1 winner today?  I had a feeling that Roger was going to make close to half the lineup hard today and somehow, I was right.  

I'm relieved that I did NOT see Golden Road--that so called damn marshmallow "sofa" does NOT look $2695 to me.  

Showcases---both Daniel and Billy bid extremely low.  Roger obviously did NOT want the Pontiac won today.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »
Sonia was very pretty.  More importantly, a lot of fun, playing well off Bob's teasing, and trying to convince her of bad things that could happen giving up $1000.

Kevin just plain played Grocery Game badly.  Starting with the Clorox bleach wasn't the smartest opening move, but why, oh why, did he take two of the Gold Bond?!  Heck, one would've even won!  I didn't expect that.  But it was pretty obvious two would put him over.

I wish they'd have shown the audience during Golden Road.  I'm curious now if the audience were all holding up five fingers, 'cause it sure didn't sound like everyone was agreeing on anything.  I'm not sure why the audience would've all been saying 5, anyway:  if you don't know any better, 6 would look just as good.

Gotta' say today's pet adoption segment was the best one I remember seeing.  Great seeing Rich with it!

MrDeePay wrote:  Looks like the trick in Golden Road didn't work out in today's playing. Then again, that sofa didn't look like it was $2600+ to me. Can't get 'em all, I guess.

The only trick in Golden Road is that the first two prizes never have repeating digits.  There has never been any rule that the same number couldn't be used for the missing digit in more than one prize.  Where did that idea ever come from, anyway?

BobboChung wrote:  Golden Road: This was NOT going to be won today. For the second prize, I would have said 0, and would have lost too. Picking 5 was an automatic loss.

That's a ridiculous assumption.  The first prize was easy, and the second prize should have been a 50/50 crapshot.  That's hardly a forced loss.

BobboChung wrote:  Any Number: IMPOSSIBLE. PERIOD. That Dodge had no excuse for ending in 7.

Um... you are aware that the 7 was the only number Lindsay got right.  Right?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 04:22:06 PM »
Golden Road: I don't know why Philip and the peanut gallery thought it was the 5. I knew the 6 would be the one for that sofa.

Punchboard: I would've quit at a $1,000 but at least it wasn't  $50.

IUFB #3: Looks like the puppy likes Rich so much.

Most Expensive: I had a gut feeling that fireplace was the most expensive.

Double Prices: See what do I tell you. Bottom price next time this game is played.

Grocery Game: If Kevin brought only one Gold-Bond he probably would've won.

Any Number: Pitifully evil that's all I have to say!

Showcases: I would bid $33,000 on the second showcase and be a little bit close than what Billy had difference wise.

Offline MrDeePay

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 04:57:23 PM »
The only trick in Golden Road is that the first two prizes never have repeating digits. There has never been any rule that the same number couldn't be used for the missing digit in more than one prize. Where did that idea ever come from, anyway?

I found it on another TPIR fansite (though it was pretty outdated when I read it.) a couple years back.
Yeah.  I should stop paying attenti to uncited sources.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #22--Sonia!  :-P

PG #1:  Oh God, not that butt-ugly marshmallow sofa again!  I felt bad that he had to win that thing in order to win the Cadillac.  My question is:  How was that sofa lost?  The 6 was the obvious choice there.  No excuse for picking the 5 as there was already a 5 in the price.

One-Bid #2:  Evil random banjo alert!

PG #2:  Ugh... Sonia, why did ya pass up $1,000?

One-Bid #3:  Woohoo!  Rich on camera!  :-D  I'd say that doggie is going home with Rich tonight.

PG #4:  ALL HAIL BILLY!

PG #5:  All sponsored products once again.  If my math is right, if Kevin had bought only one Gold Bond, he would've won.

One-Bid #6:  Girls on trampolines!  :-P

Showcase #1:  Sheesh... that showcase looks like a bunch of random uber-cheap crap.

My showcase bids:
Random crap--$12,502
Convertible--$40,049

Result:  WHOA!  How much was that bathtub, anyway?!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »
I picked 6 for that sofa, but there's no reason a non-Price-fanatic, non-Highbrow employee wouldn't pick 0. 5 was right out. That XLR was also a Limited Edition, which also probably means a price boost (although sometimes Ltd. Edition is a euphanism for value line, or "anything that could be considered a frill has been ripped out", that's probably not the case with a Cadillac).

That's got to be the longest spontaneous announcer cutaway in years and years.

Grocery Game had lots of shipwreck potential today. I doubt many college kids know that bleach is cheap, and everything else was expensive.

I believe video game consoles with a driver's seat and steering wheel are much more expensive than normal ones, so that probably jacked up the price of Every Room, along with the bathtub, since bathtubs have a long history of being outrageously expensive on TPiR. Meanwhile, the bed and the bar set were probably both in the neighborhood of $4000.

Oh, and hey: We had a 1978 Special today!

There has never been any rule that the same number couldn't be used for the missing digit in more than one prize. Where did that idea ever come from, anyway?

Where did Golden Road come from?? The moment I saw that audience entrance, I was sure they were gonna play Triple Play! And by the way, isn't the $10,000 slip always supposed to be in the corner?