Author Topic: Site loading issues  (Read 8388 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Site loading issues
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
I'm still having issues connecting to the site at times...it's sporadic. Sometimes it works in one browser and not the other; others it works in the other browser and not the one. Sometimes it just plain doesn't work on my computer, yet I can access it in Tapatalk on my phone with no issues.

Is this just me? Did I break something on my end? Help! :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
Re: Site loading issues
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
I have had the same issues.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
It's fine on my laptop but not on my phone. Yesterday a domain snatcher popped up when I tried to access the mobile site, now the page won't load at all.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
From what I can tell it seems like DNS issues. It has been this way since yesterday. It should work itself out in a little bit.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »
Yesterday I had the domain expired page on my laptop and Tapatalk wasn't refreshing the page at all.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »
I feel like I've come to be close friends with this lady the past couple of days. :P

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
I think she was the same one that graced tpir.tv when that site died.  :P

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
I think she was the same one that graced tpir.tv when that site died.  :P

And she still is as a matter of fact!  :P

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
She graces EVERY dead website.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 11:00:21 PM »
She graces EVERY dead website.
I bet you anything they'll use her as the next guest model.  :P

But seriously, I'm not getting any problems connecting now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:07:20 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »
I did have issues with the site on either Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm glad it's back to normal. I like to read the recaps on this site, so when that page came up with that lady, I thought "What the?"

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »
I had problems yesterday with this site.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 12:00:41 PM »
I feel like I've come to be close friends with this lady the past couple of days. :P

(pic)

At least you got that. I just got the plain white page on Chrome that said "Oops. Chrome could not find golden-road.net. Reload golden-road.net" or something along that line.
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »
At least you got that. I just got the plain white page on Chrome that said "Oops. Chrome could not find golden-road.net. Reload golden-road.net" or something along that line.

I've had that message several times, as well.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »

At first, I assumed that the website had been discontinued for good, but I'm glad it's up and running again. Sort of reminds me of when the news of Roger's firing first came out and the site was shut down for days, meaning that no one could log on in that timeframe. It was very frustrating back then too!