Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29  (Read 13486 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - PG5
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
He says those earphones are $25, what is the actual retail price?

BUZZZZZZZ (audience groans)

Eighty dollars!  You missed that by $55 and you don't win another card, Shatter.  What do you think is the price of the mobile?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »
Gosh... let's try $50 for the mobile.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
He thinks the mobile is $50, and the actual retail price is...

DING (applause)

Fifty-five dollars!  You missed the price by just five dollars, so you win the mobile and another card, Shatter!  While you're selecting the card's number, what's the price of the card shuffler?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline ShatterMySoul99

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »
I'll try #15, and say $35 for that card shuffler.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Okay, he wants card #15 and we'll give it to him.

Now, Shatter says the card shuffler is $35, what is the right price?

BUZZZZZ (audience groans)

Oh, $18!  You missed that by $17 and you don't win that and another card.  Here's where we stand, Shatter; you have three cards, and you could have a "CAR" card or spell out C-A-R on them, so you still can win.  You can go for the car, but if you're unsure, I'll give you $1,000 for each card you have, for a total of $3,000, if you walk away right now.  What's your decision?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:26:51 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline ShatterMySoul99

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
Oh, what the heck, let's go for it!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »
He's going for it, ladies and gentlemen!  Shatter is throwing caution to the wind and will try to win that car with just three cards.  Let's see what we find behind the first card...

CAR!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING (wild cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

You found one of the "CAR" cards, Shatter, congratulations!  You won yourself that beautiful new car, and let's see what else you had...

An R and an A.  Your risk paid off, Shatter, well done!  I can't think of a better way to bring in 2014, folks, we'll be right back in just a moment!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - IUFB6
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »
George, do you realize we have had three winners in a row?

Yes, I've noticed, goldroadfanatic!

We'd bring 2014 in on a high note if we have more games won than lost wouldn't it?

It sure would.

Now, can you find me one more winner, George?  We're counting on you!

I won't let you down, goldroadfanatic, I have Bandon23!  Come on down, Bandon, you're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Bandon wasted no time coming on down, and he takes his place for this last bidding round.  Welcome to the show, Bandon23! Now here comes Dian with the next item up for bids!

(O Christmas Tree)

It's a lovely trench coat!

(applause)

Raglan seaming adds a subtle twist to an otherwise classic double-breasted trench fashioned from Burberry Brit.  This "Mottram" trench coat features water-resistant poplin in a versatile shade of black.  Features a Napoleon collar, double-breasted front, and front angled button-welt pockets!

What do you bid on that, Bandon?

Bidding Order:
Bandon23
WooWho
cu2010
Thatgameshowguy

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2014, 11:11:39 PM »
Time for my lucky $1200 bid.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »
Yuck.

$600.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - PG6
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2014, 01:24:42 AM »

Thatgameshowguy's time is up, and the bidding is over.  The actual retail price of that jacket is...$995, and much to cu's chagrin, he wins some designer clothing!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(applause)(Walking 2007)

Right up here on the turntable, cu.  I know you don't fancy designer clothing, but that jacket did help you win your way on stage.  More importantly, you now have a chance to win that!

(door #2 opens)

It's a new jukebox!

(applause)(Janice models it)(Hark The Harold Angels Sing)

The Harley Davidson American Beauty CD jukebox features a 100-cd capacity plus real wood and aluminum trim for a retro touch. Rotating Pin-up Girl graphics behind the front columns of soothing bubble tubes create subtle motion and bring harmony to the overall design. Additional mini bubble tubes accent the center graphic. Digital Syber-Sonic electronics. Intel microprocessor drives the prime features including the computer, CD mechanism, amplifiers, remote control functions, and multiple language programming capabilities!

And around the turntable comes Push Over!  cu, I want you to push these blocks until the four numbers in the price of the jukebox are in this blue window.  Any blocks that go past the window will fall into this box and you won't be able to pull them out.  Consider the price carefully as you push those blocks over!

(Think Music)

Online PayingTheRent

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2014, 02:10:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's one of the $9K's. Which one is unclear, considering there's only a $57 difference between them.

Good luck. :P
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2014, 05:17:43 AM »
But $7595 looks right. So I'm going with that.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - PG6
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »

Okay, he's pushed the blocks to a price of $7,595.  The question is, does he win that jukebox and will we enter 2014 with four wins?

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING (cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Yes he does!  Congratulations, cu, and enjoy that jukebox!  We've had four winners in a row and showcase showdown #2 is coming up after this!