Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29  (Read 22785 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - SCSD2
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »
(applause)(We Wish You A Merry Christmas)

Contestants not appearing on stage will receive: A collection of watches!  From Swatch, four watches from the Urban Expression collection.  Each watch has its own unique appearance and looks chic in today's fashionable society!  And a new set of inline skates!  From Rollerblade, the men's Spark 84 skates are well-designed and anyone can enjoy riding them from beginner to expert.  Features polyurethane wheels and velcro straps to secure a proper fit!  And now, here's goldroadfanatic with our showcase showdown!

Thank you, George!  I'm standing next to three pricing game winners: Shatter won a new car, cu won a new jukebox, and Schfifty won some great prizes.  All three of them want to win $26,000 today, but only if they score $1.00 in one spin or a combination of two spins and land on the dollar again in their bonus spin.  Schfifty, you'll set the pace, good luck!

Spinning Order:
Schfifty
cu2010
ShatterMySoul99

(Please select two numbers from 1-20 and the lowest score you'll stand on if you get it in spin #1.)
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - IUFB6
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »
Well, I'll go to my corner now. :P
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2014, 10:39:02 AM »
7, 13, stop on whatever beats or ties Schfifty, or 70 cents, whichever is higher.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »
4 and 20, stop when I tie or beat the leader.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »
6 and 15. Stop on 65 or higher.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
(beeps)

The first spin of the second showcase showdown is underway.  And it appears to be looking good!  Come on down!  Come on down!

(beep)

One dollar!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING (cheers and applause)(Dig We Must 2007)

Nice job, Schfifty!  You scored a dollar and you've just won $1,000!  You'll have a bonus spin later, but let's see if anyone will join you.  Spin the wheel, cu!

(beeps)

cu already won a jukebox and needs to tie one dollar to stick around.  In his first spin, he has...

(beep)

One dime, spin again, cu!

(beeps)

We're looking for 90 cents to tie, and here it comes, but there it goes.

(beep)

cu, thanks for being on the show and Happy New Year.  Now it's time for Shatter to spin!

(beeps)

Shatter won himself a new car in Spelling Bee and would love to have some gas money.  And he might tie Schfifty!  Come on down! Come on down!

(beep)

Oh, so close!  You have a nickel to build on, go for 95, Shatter!

(beeps)

Will Shatter get 95 cents and tie?  There it goes and it won't come around again...

(beep)

Enjoy that new car, Shatter, that was an exciting win.  Now, come back here, Schfifty!

(Resets wheel to 5)

You're going to have a bonus spin.  Be sure to get the wheel around at least once or else it won't count and you won't spin again.  You'll win an additional $10,000 for a green section, and $25,000 for the dollar.  Good luck!

(Please submit a number from 1 to 20).
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
I'll go with my favorite number.....7!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:17:02 PM by Schfifty »
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
(beeps)

And away the wheel goes!  There goes the three lucky spots and I don't think they'll come around again...

(beep)

(applause)(Dig We Must 2007)

They won't, but you do have $1,000, and you'll be in the showcases, Schfifty!  Folks, Scfifty and sideshow will be playing for some fabulous prizes in our showcase round after this, don't miss it!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - Showcases
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »
(applause)

The top winner in today's showcase is Schfifty!  And the runner-up is sideshowPA!

(applause)

Both players have never been in this series' showcase round before, so a lot is at stake here.  Each of you will have a showcase of prizes to bid on, and whoever is closest to the actual retail price of his own showcase without going over will win it.  But if you win and you're $250 or less away from the price of your showcase, you'll win both of them!

(cheers and applause)

Schfifty, you're the top winner, you can either bid on this showcase or pass it to sideshow and wait for the second one.  If you two are ready, here's the first showcase!

(Silver and Gold)

This showcase features prizes that will have you going for gold! And we'd like to start by presenting you with this set of gold coins!

(applause)(Dian brings them to podiums)

A set of 2013 American Gold Eagle Proof Coins! The proof finish of these coins accentuate their timeless design.  A one ounce, one-half ounce, one-quarter ounce, and a one-tenth ounce coin, all made of 91.67% gold, make for a valuable keepsake.  The coins  are packaged in a velvet, satin-lined presentation case and is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint!

Next, you'll go for gold where many athletes did in 2012, to fabulous London!

(applause)(Janice models plasma)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach to London, England for a six-night stay at a luxury boutique hotel.  We've also included two tickets to a Piccadilly Theatre show.  Enjoy the history and the culture this city has to offer!

And finally, you'll be able to go for the gold by winning and showing off to your friends and family the gold paint of this new car!

(cheers and applause)(Holly models it)

The 2014 Nissan Juke S front-wheel drive!  This compact crossover is fun to drive and dares to stand out from the crowd!  It comes with standard features plus auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass and HomeLink security system, and cargo area protector!

And this showcase, where we hope your bid earns you that gold medal you're going for, can be yours if The Price is Right!

There you are, Schfifty, will you bid on this or pass it to sideshow?

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »
I'll bid.

I'll say.....$23,550.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2014, 09:36:07 PM »
Schfifty bids $23,550.

DING(applause)

Now, sideshow, take a look at your showcase!

(Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer)

SideshowPA, your showcase takes a look at prizes revealed as our girls do their holiday shopping in a tropical place, Montego Bay, Jamaica!

(door #3 opens) (applause)(Kathleen models plasma)

You and a guest will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Montego Bay, Jamaica for a five-night stay at the Sandals Luxury Resort and Private Island!  Relax and enjoy the beauty of Jamaica in the luxury of your own room with several amenities, all just minutes away from some of the best beaches you'll ever see! 

And as we shop along this beach, Janice finds the best way to get around the shops...this new motorscooter!

(Turntable spins)(applause)(Janice models it)

The Piaggio Vespa LX50 4S motorscooter has a robust 50-cc engine, retro style, and plenty of storage space to accommodate any items you want to carry on your journeys!  Features a seat to accommodate riders of all sizes, this scooter stands out and zips through urban traffic!

Meanwhile, Holly wants to find a way to create meals for for the holiday season, with this new gas grill!

(Clam opens)(applause)(Holly models it)

The Prestige Pro 600 from Napoleon Gourmet Grills features a linear pedestal design and stunning chrome accents this new grill will be the talk of every backyard barbecue. Extra deep side-shelves makes it easy to have all of your sauces and rubs right on-hand so you are barbecuing like a PRO™ in no time!  Includes a rear burner and sear burner for additional cooking capabilities, and features a 1062-square inch cooking area with six burners, and rotisserie attachment!

And finally, Dian want nothing more to bring some of Jamaica's comfort back with her, and she'll do it with your final prize, this new hot tub!

(applause)(door #1 opens)(Dian models it)

From Coleman Spas, this 6-person spa features 56 stainless steel jets, which are carefully placed along the lines of the body, allowing you to massage away stress while comfortably leaning back in the luxuriously-designed contoured seating, molded arm rests.  This features an LED-backlit waterfall jet and iPod stereo system for enhanced comfort and fun!

And sideshowPA, your showcase, where our models shop to they drop for the holidays in Montego Bay, Jamaica, can be yours if The Price is Right!

sideshow, look all of that over, and give me your bid!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:43:32 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29 - SHOWCASES
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »
I'll bid $19,300
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
sideshow bids $19,300 on his showcase...

DING(applause)(2007 main theme)

Schfifty has bid $23,550 on his showcase.  We'll reveal the actual retail prices and determine a winner after this!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »
(applause)

Here we go!  I'll start with you, Schfifty; you bid $23,550 on your showcase and the actual retail price of your showcase is...$32,940!  For a difference of...

DING(mixed applause)

Nine thousand three hundred ninety dollars.  Now sideshow, if you are closer than $9,390 without going over, you'll win.  Your bid is $19,300 and sideshow, the actual retail price of your showcase is...$22,384!  With a difference of...

DING(cheers and applause)

Three thousand eighty-four dollars, you're the winner!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Schfifty, thanks for playing.  Sideshow, you came back and won your showcase; you have won a grand total of $24,184 in prizes, congratulations!  I hope you've had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and thanks for playing!

This is goldroadfanatic saying reprise the theme song, roll the credits, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

(Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree)

This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right! 

A Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #29
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »
Thanks to everyone again for helping make this a great show!  Here are the stats:

Games: 4 for 6

Winnings By Contestant:

PayingTheRent: $1,312
sideshowPA: $24,184
wildbill0962: $6,337
Schfifty: $8,145
ShatterMySoul99: $20,542
cu2010: $8,590

Total Show Winnings: $69,110

Notes:
*Triple Play and Spelling Bee make their second appearances in the series.  Triple Play was previously seen on episode #10, where it was won.  Spelling Bee was played previously on episode #9, and it ended in a $500 bailout.
*Do the Math makes its debut appearance here and it's off to a perfect start.
*Grocery Game, One Wrong Price, and Push Over each make their third appearances here.  Grocery Game was previously played on episode #20, where it was won.  This appearance is the first time it was lost in the series.  One Wrong Price appeared on episode #19, while Push Over was last seen on episode #18, and so far those games are on a three-win winning streak.
*This was the first time the show was actively designed for Christmas and New Year's with holiday music cues and red and green asterisks on the showcase podiums.

I hope everyone had a great time.  As always, any comments and questions are welcome!