Author Topic: Strange Predicament  (Read 12923 times)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Strange Predicament
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »
Hey guys, you ready for a crazy predicament. So I have a question for those of you who have attended a taping of the show before. I have tickets to the 4 o'clock taping, but crazy enough, I have plans to meet with a TV producer at 6 o'clock for a potential job offer. The producers house is only three blocks from CBS Television City. This will be my only taping day in the LA area, and I do not want to attend the earlier taping (Engaged Couples, yuck!). From your experience, what are the odds of getting out in time to make my dinner. As a lifelong fan of the show, and a first time visitor to LA, I must finally cross this off my bucket list. Now, as you may be wondering, no, the job will not be LA based, so I can't bank on a return visit anytime soon. It is less than a five minute drive to my dinner location, mapped it out and everything.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
Re: Strange Predicament
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:39:45 PM »
I wish I had seen this sooner, but I'll put my two cents here for future reference--

I went to a 4 PM taping back in 2009.  Granted, things were different for me since I was a contestant (and the Showcase winner of the day, whom they usually process last), but I recall I got out around 6:15 or so.  I wasn't sure of what time the show itself ended, but I would say it ended around 6, give or take 10 minutes.

So it would've been a close call--I hope things worked out for your sake!