Author Topic: Bonuses for spinning 100 on the Showcase Showdown wheel in other countries  (Read 13897 times)

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
We all know how, in America, when you spin $1 in one or two spins, you get a $1,000 bonus as well as a bonus spin, with the green sections awarding $10,000 ($5,000 before season 37) and the dollar awarding $25,000 ($10,000 before season 37). What I'd like to know is, what bonuses, if any, are offered when a contestant spins 100 on any of the foreign incarnations (i.e. UK, Australia), and if they got a bonus spin?

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
In the most recent Mexican edition, I believe 100 got you a car in the bonus spin.

Bruce's Price is Right had a £1000 Brucie Bonus (Flash the cash!) but no bonus spin.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, but I'm guessing Wikipedia would have this info.

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!
in Australia, the 1980's incarnation had a prize of around $1000 value

the 2005 version had just $1000 cash

neither had extra spins

Online pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Originally, Mexico's bonus spin was identical to the US amounts at the time ($1K/$5K/$10K), with the exchange rate of course roughly dividing their value by around nine.

Ok, il prezzo e giusto (ITA): 1 million Lire for "Cento" on the wheel, with no bonus spin.

El Precio Justo (ESP): There was no Big Wheel in the 1988-1993 versio; not sure of the others.

Le Juste Prix (FRA): No bonus up through 1995. Then, from 1995 until 1998, a jackpot was awarded for whover spun a dollar, starting at 1,000 Francs and increasing by the score of each player until it is won. However, spinoffs don't add to this pot and its not possible to win the jackpot on a spinoff. The most someone won on this version was 100,850 Francs in 1996. Keep in mind that there was no second spin in this version until 1998. When this second spin was added, the jackpot bonus still only applied on the first spin, and due to the confusion over hitting 100 on the second spin, was soon replaced by a prize and could be won on one spin or a combination of two spins. This rule persisted until this version's run ended in 2001.

Preco Certo (POR): I'm not that great on my Portugese, but I believe there's no bonus for spinning a dollar, as shown in this video:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:18:04 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
El Precio Justo (ESP): There was no Big Wheel in the 1988-1993 versio; not sure of the others.

Just found out thanks to clips-- during the Carlos Lozano era (1998-2001), it was initially 100,000 pesetas, but later it became €1,000. No bonus spin. (And I heard you had to get 100 on the first spin to receive the bonus, didn't work with a combination of two spins.  :-() I'm almost 100% certain Juan y Medio's run (2006-2007) had the same rule as Lozano's...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
The 1989 UK version awarded a "Jackpot Prize", but only for spinning the 100 in the Bonus Spin. Of the four episodes that are on YouTube, one offers a jukebox while the others offer a car (which, in at least one of those shows, was in the £11,000 range).
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Ah. Thanks for the help! :-)

And after doing some more research, I discovered:

Der Preis ist Heiss (GER) - Early episodes had DM1,000 as a prize if you spin 100, while later episodes had either a car or a motorcycle for a prize. Uses GSM rules, but only one spin per player (so going over 100 isn't possible), and no bonus spin.

Cash en Carlo (NLD) - €1,000 if you got 100 in one or two spins, had a bonus spin where you won €10,000 if you got the 100 again.

The Price is Right UK (Crowther era) - £500 if you got 100 in one or two spins, with a bonus of £250 for hitting a blue section (5/15, of course!), or £1,000 if you got 100 again.

Misez Juste (CAN) - Originally, no bonus, but later, CA$1,000 if you got 100 in one or two spins. No bonus spin.

Mita Maksaa (FIN) - FM1,000 if you got 100 in one or two spins. No bonus spin.

Offline ceree

• Outside in Line
Vietnam 1.000.000

Portugal 100 euros

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
Originally, Mexico's bonus spin was identical to the US amounts at the time ($1K/$5K/$10K), with the exchange rate of course roughly dividing their value by around nine.

While it's true they still won MX$1,000 for the initial Peso, the bonus payouts were a little different. The original 1997 version still offered a car for the Peso on the bonus spin, but (at least in the 2010 version) the 5 got you MX$5,000, and the 15 got you MX$15,000.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Bonuses for spinning 100 on the Showcase Showdown wheel in other countries
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »
Oh, one other thing about Germany I forgot to mention; if two pricing games were won and one was lost, the SS wheel wasn't used-- the two people that won their respective pricing games immediately went to the showcase.