Author Topic: 2014 Grammys....  (Read 584 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
2014 Grammys....
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:23 AM »
What were your thoughts on this years Grammys?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: 2014 Grammys....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:25 AM »
I'm glad that "Get Lucky" won big and "Blurred Lines" got shut out.

Other than that, I didn't really care.  I've had little interest in both the Grammys and commercial music for years.  99.9% of everything since 1999 from both parties has been total crap.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »
From what I saw on a friend's feed on fb... Trent Reznor isn't happy about the NIN and QOTSA performance being cut. So he took to Twitter...

Trent Reznor ‏@trent_reznor 9h
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected.  A heartfelt (expletive deleted) guys.

Had to edit out the cursing, but yeah.
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
I didn't watch, but I looked at the list, and I think I disagree with every single winner on there, save for maybe one of the ones Alicia Keys won. In most cases, they picked the one of the nominees I liked the least. Then again, the fact that Milli Vanilli was awarded a Grammy tells you all you need to know about their integrity.

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
One Word......BOING! (I did like some of the performers who were singing...)