Author Topic: Favourite Commercials  (Read 4048 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Favourite Commercials
« on: February 01, 2007, 06:36:02 PM »
What are some of your favourite Commercials? here are some of mine:

The Merry Maids commercial where they are dancing with all the cleaning stuff.

The Nicoderm Commercial where the stewardess is loosing her mind.

Any of those Bell Canada commercials with those beavers, especially the festive jellybeans one.

Those are just a few of mine. Now its your turn

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Favourite Commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »
Head On!  Apply directly to the forehead...
Head ... oh nevermind!!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »
The Energizer Bunny.  Pure genius with the bunny interrupting the fake ads, which is why the spot keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and...

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »
...and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going...

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:06:41 AM »
You maaaaaaade meeeeee loooooooove yooooooooooooou...   :-D  :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 02:03:53 AM »
Can't really think of any current ones I love, but I can think of a few past ones.

-Big Red, circa 1989. I LOVED these as a kid, singing along to the theme song. "So kiss a longer, stay close a little longer..."

-Bubblicious, circa 1984. Saw it in a trade and loved it for the sheer 80s-ness of it all.

-And my all-time favorite commercial...Cool Mint Listerine, circa 1993. Awesome graphics, and set to the tune of my favorite song.

Heh...all my favorite commercials have to do with mouth products. Go figure. :D

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 09:22:25 AM »
One ad I really liked (and still do) was a 2004 ad for the New York State Lottery, where a man tells his dog to stay away from him, and eventually the dog buys a lottery ticket and wins a huge jackpot, spending the money in a stretch limo with three French poodles. :-D

Other ads I really loved include:

A Saturn commercial that shows an older gentleman trying to outrun a black-colored Saturn driven by a younger guy in his white mid-'90s Chevrolet

The "Got Milk?" ad where a kid feeds his dog peanut butter

Foster Farms - "AAAAAAAAAAHHH! WE'RE FUGITIVES...!"

Don't know the product - "It's not Larson, it's MISTER Larson!", then the girl kicks her dad's boss in the leg.

All these commercials had me laughing. :-D :-D

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  I remember Popeye doing commercials for Instant Quaker Oatmeal.  When trouble strikes, whether it is Popeye's parrot being kidnapped by Bluto, a shark's attempt to gobble Wimpy, or aliens trying to kidnap Swee'pea, Popeye would eat Quaker Oatmeal instead of spinach.  This hot "part of me balanced breakfast" gave him the strength to save the parrot, Wimpy and Swee'pea from danger.  At the end of each of those 3 commercials, the parrot would say, "Popeye Wants A Quaker!"  I wonder if any of you have seen those commercials.  It was back in the late 80s to early 90s.  Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »
I have that Quaker Instant Oatmeal spot with Popeye on tape. Quaker Oats pulled the spots because the Fraternal Order of Quakers objected to Popeye for his use of violence to resolve a situation.

I do like the Publix supermarket spot running now that has this puppy-cute kid getting his mom to help bake a Valentine's Day cake, which mom presumes is for the kid's school Valentine. Mom drives up to the school and the kid hands mom the cake so he can get his books and get out of the car. As mom calls out that he's forgotten the cake, he turns around and gives her a knowing look, catching mom delightfully off-guard.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 12:17:20 AM »
I remember the spots for the Quaker Instant Oat Meal where the tag line, directed to parents, was "The more they eat, the better you feel."  I immediately visualized a small boy literally eating truckloads on the stuff in an attempt to please his mother, who was crying her eyes out at the sight of the poor kid gorging himself.

I also like the Geico commercials with the caveman.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 02:44:35 AM »
Does anyone in here remember Crystal Pepsi?  It came out in the early '90s.  It was my favorite drink that didn't last too long.   :pint:  :pint:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
And given what today is, I must point out I loved the Bud Bowl ads, which always managed to be interesting, be it from calling the bottles for illegal use of hands (HANDS!?  WHAT HANDS!?) to a bizarre reenactment of "The Play"  

Interestingly, I remember Miller tried to copy this in live action with Tastes Great playing less filling.  It was no less entertaining, with jokes ranging from the opening kickoff going "just a little too deep" (i.e., right out of the stadium, where it knocks down the building across the street) to one receiver who literally had "hands like glue."  The running gag all season was that Less Filling's coach kept reassuring his players they'd win because they had a "secret weapon," who turns out to be his brother "The greatest man to play the game."  Unfortunately, given a chance on the field, he eventually turned into Roy Riegels ("He's running the wrong way!  And Willie wins it for Tastes Great!").  Shame they didn't keep the ads going after one year.