Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16  (Read 22982 times)

Offline Bandon23

• Walking the Golden Road
  • HYO Contestant.
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16 - PG6
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »
Did i keep my small prizes in Finish Line? If not, bad luck.

Anyways. No worries, fifth time lost of my game, worst.
Ok my number is 3,8 and 1, stop at 75 or random.

Before i am over, i want to thank to Teddy for amazing show, what a close call to win the New York Trip.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16 - SCSD2
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
Yes Bandon23, you still kept your small prizes in Finish Line. And without further ado, you may spin the Wheel.

(wheel beeps)

Around and around and around it goes, and it looks like the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is going to come to a stop on...

...70 cents, and it looks like you will take the risk.

(wheel beeps)

That was a big risk to spin again on 70. Now as long as you don't get anything more than 30, you'll be fine...

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

...but you went over, and that strategy backfired on you. Thanks for playing, Bandon23. Now AMGray1986 will spin the Wheel.

(wheel beeps)

Let's hope for a very good number. It looks like your first spin is going to be worth...

...70 cents. You may stop on that, but it looks like you, too, will take the big risk.

(wheel beeps)

Now GSB92, if AMGray1986 goes over, you will be in the Showcase. However, I think you will...have to...wait a little longer...

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Dig We Must 2007)

(cheers and applause)

...because AMGray1986 got the dollar! I can't believe this! The first two spinners elected to spin on 70, and we get different results. Well GSB92, you know what to do, go after that dollar!

(wheel beeps)

You can't beat AMGray1986, but you can tie him. Here comes the dollar...and there it goes, and you will end up with...

...20 cents in your first spin. Now let's hope for 80 cents.

(wheel beeps)

80 cents will make a dollar, and I think it's going to try to make its way down. Come on 80, COME ON 80...

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

...but it took one too many spins to get that dollar. Sorry GSB92, thanks for playing, and enjoy your two cars.

(resets wheel to 5-cent space)

Now AMGray1986, you will be in the Showcase, and you will get your Bonus Spin right here. And remember, you must get it all the way around at least once, or it won't count, and you can't spin again. So make it a good one!

(wheel beeps)

Here we go with the Bonus Spin, and it's looking real good, buddy. It's looking real good, IT'S LOOKING REAL GOOD...

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP!

(Dig We Must 2007)

(wild cheers and applause)

Congratulations, AMGray1986, you just won $25,000! You have $26,000 in your pockets, you're going to the Showcase, and we'll have it shortly on the other side of this break! In the meantime, I would like to invite those of you at home to log onto priceisright.com for show info, cast bios and how to get your tickets. That's priceisright.com. The Showcases are next, and you don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16: SHOWCASES
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »
Welcome back, everybody! It's Showcase time on The Price is Right. I have AMGray1986 as the Top Winner, I have wpghi5 as the Runner-Up, and we have the first Showcase ready to go. Both of you, pay attention to it because it could go to either one of you. Here it is.

(Every Room in the House)

GEORGE: This Showcase features every room in the house. And it starts with this living room! (Gwendolyn models it in Door #1) (applause)

From the Ashley Companies, enjoy the comfort of your own home with this living room group. Includes two leather sofas with throw pillows, four tables, lampshades and a center rug from Karastan. Next, we have this dining room! (Gwendolyn models it in Door #2) (applause)

From the Ashley Companies, this dining room comes with a table, six chairs and a cupboard, all finished in fine-polished oak. And set a lovelier table with this complete dining set from Noritake, which includes stainless steel silverware and shatterproof china bowls, plates, cups and saucers. And of course, we can't forget this bedroom! (Gwendolyn models it in Door #3) (applause)

From the Ashley Companies, this bedroom features a chest, bureau and nightstand finished in fine polished oak. And this bed features an innovative mattress from Sleep Number. Now you can set the bed to the number you want for an ideal sleep experience. Finally, here's something for your garage, this new car! (Rachel drives it on stage, a la Lucky $even) (Passing Lane) (cheers and applause)

It's a 2014 Honda Accord sedan, a dependable family car to meet all your needs. Comes with standard features, 2.2-ilter 4-cylinder engine with 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with XM Satellite Radio, navigation system and engine block heater. So we have a living room group, a dining room group, a bedroom group, and a new car. You'll have everything in the house to enjoy, but only if the price is right!

Now AMGray1986, I'd like to know one thing: Are you bidding on this Showcase, or passing it to wpghi5?

Offline AMGray1986

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Pass

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2014, 03:52:14 PM »
Very well then, it's yours, wpghi5. What is your bid on it?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
I'll say $32,700.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16 - SHOWCASES
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
Your bid is $32,700...

$32,700
WPGHI5

DING!

...and there it is. Now AMGray1986, this is your Showcase!

GEORGE: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back our Phone-a-Friend from earlier in the show, Mr. Ricky Thomas! (he enters from Door #2) (cheers and applause)

(Showcase 2007)

RICKY: Thank you very much, George! AMGray1986, I'm here to present your Showcase! Now I may have been a witness to extreme bad luck in the Phone Home Game, but hopefully, I can help you get a better result. Now this first prize is a trip back to my hometown, where da Bears play football, and that's none other than Chicago! (models it on first plasma screen in front of Door #2) (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Chicago for a six-night stay at a luxury hotel located in the Loop. Enjoy spectacular views of the skyline, as well as the lakefront. Continental breakfast and room service are included.

RICKY: Next up, we're sending you to where I live now, and have been since 2000. It's home to a world-class waterfront and an award-winning ballpark, which would be Baltimore! (models it on second plasma screen in front of Door #2) (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Baltimore, Maryland, for a six-night stay at the Hilton Downtown. Located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and within walking distance of the major shops, museums and restaurants, as well as historic Fort McHenry and the modern-looking Inner Harbor. Daily continental breakfast included.

RICKY: Now I may be from Chicago and live in Baltimore, but my family is not limited to just those two cities. In fact, I have family who happens to live in and around where you'll take your next trip, exciting Charlotte! (models it on third plasma screen in front of Door #2) (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Charlotte, North Carolina, for a six-night stay at the Marriott in Uptown Charlotte. Conveniently located in the heart of the Queen City, and within walking distance of the major shops, museums and restaurants. Daily continental breakfast included.

RICKY: Now this final prize will be sure to put a smile on your face. Get ready to go absolutely crazy when I tell you that you can win this new car! (Gwendolyn models it in Door #3) (Grandeur) (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: It's the 2014 Toyota Corolla CE sedan, the small car that guarantees you years of driving happiness. COmes with standard features, 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, cargo net and engine block heater.

RICKY: So that's your Showcase: trips to Chicago, Baltimore and Charlotte, plus a new car. And it can all be yours, if the price is right!

Thanks again, Ricky! And now, AMGray1986, the time has come for you to bid on this Showcase.

Offline AMGray1986

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »
$26,266

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2014, 01:04:33 PM »
And your bid is $26,266.

$26,266
AMGRAY1986

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll be back to reveal the Showcase winner shortly, but first, we have this for you.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 16
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
Welcome back to The Price is Right, where the winner is about to be announced right now! AMGray1986, we'll start with you. You had trips to Chicago, Baltimore and Charlotte, and a Toyota Corolla; you bid $26,266. Actual retail price: $34,602, for a difference of...

$8,336
AMGRAY1986

DING!

...$8,336. (applause) Now over to wpghi5, who had a living room, dining room and bedroom, and a Honda Accord. $32,700 was your bid, and the actual retail price of your Showcase is: $47,772, for a difference of...

$15,072
WPGHI5

DING!

...$15,072, and AMGray1986 is the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(wild cheers and applause)

$71,437
AMGRAY1986

$71,437

AMGray1986 has won $71,437 in cash and prizes today, including $26,000 on the Big Wheel! What a day! Teddy here, reminding you to help control the pet population and have your pets spayed or neutered, because it's the right thing to do. We'll see you next time on The Price is Right; thanks for watching. Goodbye, everybody!

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
AMGray1986 ($71,437)
GSB92 ($40,620)
123123123 ($26,839)
catfan2002 ($2,750)
Bandon23 ($2,724)
wpghi5 ($2,500)

This was the first two-model episode, and it also happened to use Mo$t Expensive, where George was also involved in the price reveals. (On the real show, I've seen George help out with the models in 1 Right Price, Race Game, 1 Wrong Price and others.)

Here are the TPG results:
wpghi5: Mystery Price/On The Spot/Radical/Bargain Game/Split Decision/Push Over
123123123: Temptation/Bump/Credit Card/Time Is Money/Spelling Bee/UpSideDown
AMGray1986: It's Optional/The Phone Home Game/Domino Game/Spelling Bee/Hit Me/Bargain Bar
Bandon23: $uper $aver/Spelling Bee/Push Over/Hit me/Time is money/Pass the Buck

And the winner is: AMGray1986, who got three games right. He will get a First Four pass if he signs up in the next episode.

As the list of active pricing games is getting extremely short, I'll take a break from playing these games for a while. I'm thinking of playing the remaining retired/BigJon games for the next two or three episodes. The jackpot for the next TPG will be $16,000.

Up next: Episode 17. The floor is now open for your comments.