Author Topic: Stations that carry (or used to carry) Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune  (Read 9926 times)

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
Re: Stations that carry (or used to carry) Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »
KFSN-TV (channel 30), my local Fresno, CA-based ABC affiliate, has aired Jeopardy! at 7pm and Wheel at 7:30 for as long as I can remember.
When it was still running, Hollywood Squares aired at 7 instead; Jeopardy! came on at 6:30.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »
In Milwaukee, Wheel and Jeopardy both aired on WTMJ (NBC) from their premieres until the big shake-up in 2005, when they moved to WDJT (CBS).

Both stations aired Wheel at 6:30. WDJT airs Jeopardy at 6:00, but while it was on WTMJ (as far back as my memory goes, which is 1993), it aired at 3:30 (and in between was entirely news).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:15:34 PM by WhammyPower788 »
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »
Right now, Wheel of Fortune airs at 7 pm, & Jeopardy! airs at 7:30 pm on WTHR Channel 13 out of Indianapolis.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
Jeopardy! and Wheel air currently aired on WBZ-TV. That's my local CBS affiliate that's based out of Boston.

I know that, for a few years, J! and Wheel aired on superstation (and former UPN affiliate) WSBK in Boston.  Even after UPN folded, both shows continued to air on independent WSBK.  They began airing on WBZ only about 5 years ago.

Here in Cincinnati, both shows air on our FOX affiliate, WXIX.

Dayton is really weird:  Wheel airs at 7:00 on WHIO (CBS) and J! airs at 7:30 on WDTN (NBC).
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »
In the New York City area, J! and Wheel have aired at 7 and 7:30 respectively on WABC since 1990. I'm not sure how they aired before that though.
I'm in the same area.  I have a tape of two episodes from either 1989 or 1990 in which the episodes aired on CBS 2, so it must have been just before the show moved to WABC here.

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 12:32:02 AM »
Here in the St. Louis area, Jeopardy airs at 4:30p and Wheel airs at 6:30p on KSDK-5 (NBC)
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right

Offline RJSchex

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:34 PM »
Phoenix has been a more interesting story.
Both Wheel and J! debuted on KTSP-TV (then a CBS affiliate; now Fox O&O KSAZ-TV); during the 94/95 shakeup, both shows moved to independent KTVK in primetime; then in 2003 to ABC affiliate KNXV-TV; finally, when "The List" and "Let'$ Ask America" debuted on all of Scripps' stations, back to primetime on KTVK.

All of the Woolery/Sajak/Benirschke daytime Wheel aired on NBC affiliate KPNX (originally KTAR-TV), as did both the 1964-75 and 1978-79 versions of Jeopardy. KTSP-TV aired Goen's CBS version; however, when Goen moved to NBC, KPNX didn't carry it.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »
Here in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre demographic area, it's been pretty consistent:  NBC's WBRE has aired Wheel at 7 and Jeopardy at 7:30 since at least the late 80s. 

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:51 AM »
Wheel & J! air at 4:30 PM Monday through Friday on channel 10 (WAND TV), and J! airs on Saturdays at 5 PM, followed by Wheel at 6:30 PM (again, both on channel 10, WAND TV), they've been on the same channel for as long as I can remember. I don't remember what channels they aired on when I was younger, or when they would be on TV. I always loved the 90's "Grid set" with the animated J! logo.

Correction: Wheel airs at 6:30 PM. I accidentally said Wheel & J! air at 4:30 PM weekdays.

Offline bhall96992

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »
Wheel and Jeopardy have been on WCBD in Charleston for as long as I can remember, Wheel @ 7 immediately followed by Jeopardy. They were one of the few programs that didn't change when WCBD and WCIV swapped networks. (WCBD went from ABC to NBC though I can't say when)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! both air on my CBS affiliate, KHOU-TV, in Houston, TX. They both aired since 1986 (previously, they both aired on the NBC affiliate, KPRC-TV). Jeopardy! is on at 4:30 PM CST, and Wheel at 6:30 PM CST.

However, there was a time when Jeopardy! was pushed back to airing late at night, immediately after the Late Show with David Letterman, which came about when the Doctors premiered in 2008. When the Oprah Winfrey Show ended in 2011, KHOU moved Jeopardy! to 4:30 PM. With this, I had missed the 25th through 27th seasons (if anyone lives in Houston, correct me if I'm wrong on the seasons).
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »
You know, I kinda' wonder what happened.  Up until 2005, WWL aired both of them (except possibly the '84-'85 season of Jeopardy!.  I have no idea what channel, if any, aired that season of Jeopardy! here, or at what time).  Then suddenly it switched to WVUE.  I was always kinda' curious about what happened there.  I can't imagine WWL just gave up the shows willingly.

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Wheel and Jeopardy have been on WCBD in Charleston for as long as I can remember, Wheel @ 7 immediately followed by Jeopardy. They were one of the few programs that didn't change when WCBD and WCIV swapped networks. (WCBD went from ABC to NBC though I can't say when)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

August 1996 is when the switch happened.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »
Since around 1990, WoF and J! have aired at 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM on WJLA-7 (ABC) serving Washington, DC. Since I live in an area that also picks up the Baltimore stations, from the days before cable to cable to digital cable (save for a brief term with DirectTV when I had to use the Baltimore stations), I often flip in case a pre-emption occurs, and WJLA seems to prevent more than WBFF does, though when WoF/J! were on WMAR, they seemed to pre-empt it for local programming a bit more frequently. In Washington, DC, Wheel was original broadcast at 7:30 on WUSA-9 (CBS) during the early nightime years, while J! aired during the afternoon on a different channel that I can't recall.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
Panama City, Fla.: Since virtually the start, Jeopardy! has been on WJHG/ch. 7 (NBC) at 4:30 PM and Wheel at 6:30 (Central time). WJHG had been a default NBC affiliate for Dothan, AL (some 80 miles north) which has had no NBC affiliate of their own. Last year, Dothan got their own NBC outlet, WRGX-LD/ch. 23 (as well as 4.4, a subcarrier of CBS' WTVY/ch. 4), and while Wheel airs on WTVY at 6:30, Jeopardy! airs at 4:30 on WRGX.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne