Author Topic: "credit crunching"  (Read 3493 times)

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: "credit crunching"
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 12:28:05 PM »
I wonder if any TV show creators have ever given tv networks specific instructions not to crunch the credits?

I rarely watch the CW, so I don't know if they normally crunch the credits or not, but when they show Whose Line Is It Anyway?, they always show the credits, since at the end, the host has the winners read the credits.

Also when Whose Line used to have reruns up until a few years ago on ABC Family, they never crunched the credits that I remember, for the same reason. But ABC Family is a channel that I'm pretty sure usually crunches the credits.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
Also when Whose Line used to have reruns up until a few years ago on ABC Family, they never crunched the credits that I remember, for the same reason. But ABC Family is a channel that I'm pretty sure usually crunches the credits.

Whose Line never had its credits crunched during its run on ABC Family, for as long as I can remember. I have a bunch of VHS recordings from 2006-2007, so there's your source.

Another credit-crunching channel that comes to mind: Spike TV (a.k.a. The First Network For Men). They've been crunching their credits since at least 2003. (I have a bunch of MXC recordings from back then as well.)
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 08:27:33 PM »
^ I know that the original version of Whose Line? (when I watch it on Comedy Central) didn't crunch their credits.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
The credits for "Wipeout" aren't crunched, since that credits segment consists entirely of a montage of wipeouts that wouldn't work very well in a squeezeback.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
When Gsn was must watch tv during the early 00s i used to hate Credit Crunchers especially when they played the same commercials over and over again.