Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 3/17/2014 (TPiR 2014 St. Patrick's Day Special)  (Read 13456 times)

Offline steven.jordan.332

• In Contestant's Row
  • first time player
Re: TPiR Recap - 3/17/2014 (TPiR 2014 St. Patrick's Day Special)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 04:33:20 PM »
your right about that , the linking was Brians idea. i was asking him what recapper he found the info he has found at. but to keep the recap on track as you are wanting vadernader, the other 5 games were played very well along with the showcases.

Edit: the recapper was Qwizx, (its one i visit sometimes, but the last 3 digits were never revealed).

let's keep things on track, i think Rat Race (Drew Carey's own game could have worked with something to do with the spirit of the holdiday) could have seen a playing on leadoff.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:40:31 PM by steven.jordan.332 »

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »
Uh, there's no link provided, and I deliberately provided none because of what vadernader and steven.jordan.332 stated – that I don't think it's a good idea to advertise by name specific rival websites.

I do think somewhere, to make the G-R recap complete (which is why I think there's so many posts about the Mercedes – the fact that either Drew failed to mention it or it was edited out), someone need to include at least an estimate at what the price was. My opinion only.

Brian

Edit: Usually, someone – forget his name – posts the prices of the individual prizes of the showcase, so perhaps he can provide a fairly reasonable price of the Mercedes today?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:42:47 PM by Briguy »

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Great recap today. Love the greenishness.

Golden Road: Although it didn't get played for it was awesome just to see the Mercedes Benz. And it was great to actually see Golden Road show up after a long absence. I am disappointed the price of the Mercedes was not shown but we can't really if it was Drew's fault or editing.

Squeeze Play: Nice win of a nice trip.

Race Game: Today's contestant had a great sense of awareness. It was clear after 0  came up after the 2nd guess he was aware of what he had switched and knew those had to have been right the 1st time. Thus a clear path to win on guess 3. A great fast but poised and aware playing of race game. That fridge and Apple MacMini were nice prizes.

Pass the Buck: $1000 isn't too great but at least the last pick was not the other lose everything. Shame the Toyota Yaris wasn't won.And I know the Pass the Buck set has some green to it but for the St. Patrick's Day show I'd have liked to have seen Grand Game as that set's awash in green.

Most Expensive: Set up to be lost. Anytime you get a cheaper washer/dryer set and an expensive exercise equipment that's really tough. The TV and Washer were nice prizes but this just wasn't likely to be won.

Cliffhangers: The glasses were tricky but this still should have been won. A $50 guess on the slow cooker would have produced a thrilling comeback but $45 was a reasonable guess. Today's contestant did herself in by clearly going too low on the shake maker.

Showcases: With both showcases having cars and appropriate trip locations for St. Patrick's day there was no better showcase. When the ARP of the Ireland/Ford Fiesta showcase was revealed today's losing contestant got happy a bit too soon and alas today's winning contestant does $336better to win the Chicago-Chevy Sonic showcase.

Overall: 2 for 6 with both car games lost is not a good show. But having both showcases offer cars with 1 won and the theme meant it wasn't too bad either. This was a good themed show. I loved all the green and I especially liked the touch of the shamrocks on the contestant's row and showcase podiums. And the leprechaun on Cliffhangers was a nice touch to a favorite game.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Don't drink and drive.

Have a great NCAA Tournament break! See you next week Price and Go Sun Devils!
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

• In Contestant's Row
  • first time player
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
Have a great NCAA tournament break moneygamelover

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »
Golden Road was terribly directed and terribly edited. Drew came across heavily as being in an "I don't give a damn." mood.

Usually, someone – forget his name – posts the prices of the individual prizes of the showcase, so perhaps he can provide a fairly reasonable price of the Mercedes today?
Whinbaby.

I don't know if Drew knew that Jacob wasn't gonna get the first solid win in 8 years (Although, I really thought that the ATVs were $7998), or if he lost interest in the game (much like Mike) or what, but this was inexcusable. If Drew and Mike are gonna be this lackluster on G-R from now on, then it looks like we'll be seeing less and less of this game in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
Mike has stated in the past that he has not seen a win in the game since he became EP, to which many have said "then just play the game more often"...but doing so would lead to a greater chance of them actually having to award a big prize, which would explain its considerable rarity. The fact it is the namesake of this forum has likely not been lost on him, either.

On an unrelated note, Drew evidently forgot what holiday this was despite all the green around him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsU8I67Kr3Q

I've said it a million times again and again. Please link to videos, do not embed them.

-- Adam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:15:53 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 05:47:15 PM »
For the record, I do not consider my site a "rival" to anything. I do my thing. Adam does his and the universe keeps on spinnin' around.

Re the Merc...

$61,125 (base) + $720 (paint*) + $3,270 prem 1 pkg + $250 (car cover) + $200 (picnic basket*) + $300 (spoiler) = $65,865

...but we'll never know for sure.

*The MBE350 on display was NOT polar white in color. The copy didn't mention this.
*The picnic basket isn't even an option. I'm guessing they picked it from a M-B catalog. I found one for ~$170 on Amazon so it's likely the dealer/manufacturer will sell it for more.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
$61,125 (base) + $720 (paint*) + $3,270 prem 1 pkg + $250 (car cover) + $200 (picnic basket*) + $300 (spoiler) = $65,865

Given the price of the off-road vehicle/motorcycle was $7,598, and we conceal the hundreds digit of the five-digit prize ... $65,865 fits. The mystery may well be solved, folks!  :-)

Brian

P.S. – What's the odds of a regular American luxury car – i.e., the new Cadillac XTS (the spiritual successor of the Cadillac Sedan DeVille) again as a Golden Road or other game with a large-ticket prize (e.g., Three Strikes)? Or even a new Chevrolet Corvette? Not that Porsches or BMWs or Mercedes-Benzes are bad, but … .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:13:07 PM by Briguy »

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »
For the record, I do not consider my site a "rival" to anything. I do my thing. Adam does his and the universe keeps on spinnin' around.

Re the Merc...

*The MBE350 on display was NOT polar white in color. The copy didn't mention this.
*The picnic basket isn't even an option. I'm guessing they picked it from a M-B catalog. I found one for ~$170 on Amazon so it's likely the dealer/manufacturer will sell it for more.

Given the price of the off-road vehicle/motorcycle was $7,598, and we conceal the hundreds digit of the five-digit prize ... $65,865 fits. The mystery may well be solved, folks!  :-)

Brian

Since we're still going down this road about something that essentially doesn't matter, I can't help but stating that just because the third digit is a 5, 7, 8, or 9 does not suddenly mean the price is $65,865. We have seen before that in Golden Road the luxury car does not always match the exact price on the manufacturers site [Most recently Dream Car week's Merc adds up to $111,015 but they announced "over $114,000" as its value.... usually it is quite off due to a couple unknown reasons, I assume freight/destination is one of them], and in this case we're blindly guessing at a $200 picnic basket (since when is a picnic basket a car option anyways, I thought they were joking around but apparently it is...odd). Also, FWIW the car price in Golden Road usually does not have so many repeat digits (2 5's and 2 6's).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:41:24 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

• In Contestant's Row
  • first time player
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »
let's move on past the Benz, what do we think of the rest of the episode aside from that?

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
So.......................What the hell is up with Drew and Golden Road? He didn't even bother to do the description of the Benz where he said, "And lastly, we got a prize that is worth $XX,XXX.......George, reveal the prize!". Or something similar to it. I know that he does that on past shows, but this has to be the most unenthusiastic presentation of a big prize on G-R. I don't know if Drew knew that Jacob wasn't gonna get the first solid win in 8 years (Although, I really thought that the ATVs were $7998), or if he lost interest in the game (much like Mike) or what, but this was inexcusable. If Drew and Mike are gonna be this lackluster on G-R from now on, then it looks like we'll be seeing less and less of this game in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
In all my years of Price watching, I've never seen such a lack of build-up for the the prize at the end of the Golden Road. Wow. Were they really that pressed for time today? Was it a sign of dislike of the game? And Buster, c'mon. Did you really think the price of the ATV and cycle was $7998? ;-)

I don't think Most Expensive was set up to be lost. That workout equipment looked expensive to me, and hasn't it been offered on the show before?

Pass The Buck! One of my favorite games! I always hope for three picks, but two is better than one. I didn't like Drew's "whatever" statement and attitude toward the $1,000 win.

• In Contestant's Row
  • first time player
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 07:51:07 PM »
we need to get mike out and put roger back in, since that's the factor that was winning GR in the first place (hence the site name, we're named after a pricing game)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »
And Buster, c'mon. Did you really think the price of the ATV and cycle was $7998? ;-)
Well, it was a thought...............Mostly, a stretch, anyway.  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:19:13 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
we need to get mike out and put roger back in, since that's the factor that was winning GR in the first place (hence the site name, we're named after a pricing game)

Ummm what?

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »
… I can't help but stating that just because the third digit is a 5, 7, 8, or 9 does not suddenly mean the price is $65,865. We have seen before that in Golden Road the luxury car does not always match the exact price on the manufacturers site ... Also, FWIW the car price in Golden Road usually does not have so many repeat digits (2 5's and 2 6's).

But at least it fits, and at this point in the game, it doesn't matter whether digits repeat in the price, because this is the grand prize. It can have all five numbers be the same for all I care (although I highly doubt that will ever happen).

Onward.

Brian

• In Contestant's Row
  • first time player
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 08:10:48 PM »
The game has not been won in 8 years, and as I am new, how do I start threads here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk