Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/06/2007  (Read 11834 times)

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/06/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
Christine did very good with the placing of the groceries in Hole or One.  I can't blame her for getting tripped up by the Polygrip.  I would have made the same selections as her.

You know, Safe Cracker's reveal wouldn't be so terrible if it wasn't so badly done.  The cut to the audience lasted way too long.  By the time Bart had faded to the sign and panned down, Bob and Lisa were already at the Big Doors.

Bob mentions he's heading over to Range Game, and Bart sill won't get a shot of the board. :-P

Speaking of Range Game, the light actually went out after the button was pushed today.  It's been a few playings since that was done if I recall correctly.

That was a nice shot of Bob head-on in front of the Master Key locks at the end of Master Key.

That Big Wheel on the Barkeropoly box had the numbers out of order. :-P
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
Well, Swap Meet was hard today.  That television was very cheap and either the scooter or golf clubs looked like the right choice.

It's a shame that Hole in One was lost today.  Christine only slipped up on the wipes and adhesive.  It was hilarous to see Bob "want to go home".

It was entertaining to see Bob explain where the $7,700 was on the range.  We even got a wide shot of the board and revealed the curtains that were dangling above, don't see that with Range Game every day.

It's great to see Master Key have a car win with only one key!  That certainly does not happen very often.

It was entertaining to have Diane bid $94,000 on her showcase and have Bob make her reconsider the bid.  I would just be amazed if Bob let the outrageous bid stand.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »
Swap meet-When Ryan choose the golf clubs being the same price as the TV I had a feeling he ad loss.

Hole in one or two-Ouch!

Safe Cracker- tough choice I thought it was 560 also.

Range Game0A nice way to start the second half.

Master key-A nice win.

Baker Bargain bar-A nice way to end the second half.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
Wow...what an unusually normal pricing game lineup.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the directors are they only people who care about keeping Range Game off-camera?  Bob acts half the time like they haven't even told him they're doing it.

Yay for Delores, picking an odd-numbered key in Master Key!

I think we may have gotten the longest straight-on shot I've ever seen of Master Key's locks today.

Did anyone notice that Diane had a blue tongue?

And my God, did Diane ever take a long time bidding on her showcase!  It's a good thing she finally settled on a number when she did -- the rest of the show had to be run through at pretty much the speed of light.

(And really...$94,000?!)

Did anyone notice that Fred Witten directed the show today?  That might explain a few of the odd camera shots.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll be glad when Bart gets back.

wpghi5 wrote:

Showcases: It was so irritating to see Diane take way too long to come up with a bid. Thank god she didn't win and thank god that show was over in a hurry because of it.

Um...why is that second thing good?

Frank15 wrote:

Anyone else get the feeling that Diane really had no idea what she was doing at any point in today's show?

You know, I'd say that's a pretty good possibility.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 10:27:19 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6649
On WCIA, school updates were shown when this episode aired.

Safe Crackers
Apple Computer - $1,699
Aico Villagio (not Belaggio) Home Office Group - $3,869
vTech Telephones - You know it already.

Master Key, Professional Platinum Cookware
Delores from Gresham, OR is the first ever Price is Right contestant to be offered that prize, and it is what appears to be a 21-piece set.  This is an unprecedented five playings in a row where at least one onstage prize makes their first appearance on the show in Master Key.  I've pulled out all the stops because I found a retail price of $2,500 on eBay.  Can the Price is Right prize patrol put yet another never-before-offered prize onstage in its next playing?  Stay tuned for the next episode of Master Key.  And here's a screencap of that prize for those who missed today's show.

Showcase #1
Aico Tresor Bedroom Group and Comfortaire GS700 King Sleep Set - $11,998, and while I was doing some research on that prize, I found out that the Rossignol Ski Equipment became $2,786 starting with October 20, not December 6.
Cal Pak Lotus His/Her 4 pc Luggage Sets - $1,130
Thinking of a trip?  Think no further, because that trip to Singapore is worth US$8,647.  But if you convert it to their currency, also known as the dollar, it's about SG$13,333.67 on the day of taping.

Failed Board Games
14 Assorted Novels - $302
Power Tools - $385
Chrysler 300 Touring - $29,610

Modeling Report Card for February 6, 2007

Shane is cookin' once again, that's over $64,000 she's got!  And when it comes to career modeling totals, Brandi is only $73 behind Rachel.

There's nothing but two grocery supplies and 27 prizes worth $124,132.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 12:23:04 PM »
trytobecharming wrote:
Another tidbit about today's show: the end credits list Fred Witten, rather than Bart Eskander, as the director.

Originally, they had not scheduled a taping week for this week of December, so Bart made an appointment on Thursday. Then the taping week was scheduled, but Bart couldn't change the appointment, so Fred took over directing duties for the day. This was the first and only show Fred directed -- everybody will be back to their usual posts for the next episode.

Christine was a good pricer (both of her One Bid bids were very close, and her showcase bid was pretty good), but the Poligrip and nerves did her in.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
Swap: Tough!

Hole: Christine did excellent in the product department, but her putting skills was unsuccessful.

Safe: Wrong choice.

Range: Diane going against her instincts payed off.

Master: A shot-in-the-dark moment pays off very well.

BBB: Nice win.

Showcases: Where was Diane's brain all that time? If she did stick with her $94K bid, That would've been a day.

A 2 star show.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:15 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Swap Meet, Safe Crackers).

Swap Meet -- 2:28
Hole in One (or Two) -- 5:03
Safe Crackers -- 2:07
Range Game -- 1:49
Master Key -- 3:13
Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:39

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 12:12:58 AM »
Swap Meet was very tricky. I picked the TV as well.

Christine did very well on the pricing for Hole in One. Tough loss.

Lisa got stuck with a hard playing of Safe Crackers. I said $780 for the phones also. This game again too?

I did notice Diane had a blue tongue, and she was just worth a laugh the whole show. First, she was thinking $7700 for the piano, and hit the button down at around $7500. At least her change of mind payed off for her.

Master Key was great, and so was Delores! I was happy her key opened the car, a good win.

Barker's Bargain Bar was easy for me. I chose the painting as well.

What was Diane thinking in the showcases? I was amused as to how Bob rushed her so much that he broke right to a commercial. I knew she had overbid.

Best Contestant- Christine

Showcase #1- $18,262
Difference- $3513

Showcase #2- $28,950
Difference- $1347