Author Topic: Daily Puzzle Game Finals + IT'S WORTH WHAT??? - THIS SATURDAY  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Daily Puzzle Game Finals + IT'S WORTH WHAT??? - THIS SATURDAY
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
Hello, Golden-Road.net! You all know me by now. But what you may not know is that I run the Daily Puzzle Game now over at Buy a Vowel Boards, the Wheel of Fortune equivalent of this site.

And we are hosting our finals ceremony this Saturday at 8 P.M. in the Game Show Extravaganza Livestream. Our two finalists will have a battle royale in a best-of-three match. The winner will move on to the Champion's Duel against the reigning champion. There will also be awards ceremonies after the Finals. Even though this is a Buy a Vowel-oriented event, we are inviting everyone to attend, to promote the game for future players, and announce some some future projects...including the sequel of something you all enjoyed. :)

As incentive, cu2010 and I, as members of the Game Show Extravaganza team, are putting on a special pre-game show starting at 8:00 while the BAV crew comes seeping in. Get ready for a brand-new series...

...It's Worth WHAT??? Yep, that's right, the summer sleeper series of pricing random items is back, but with a brand new twist. What kind of twist? You'll have to find out!

Once again, all this is happening at 8:00 this Saturday in the Game Show Extravaganza Livestream Page! Come and join the fun!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: Daily Puzzle Game Finals + IT'S WORTH WHAT??? - THIS SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »
This is coming soon; just under 90 minutes now until showtime! We hope to see you there, come one, come all, to the amazing shows of skills, might, amazement, fun and, most of all, a lot of laughs!
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
The fun starts in only 20 minutes! We start with IT'S WORTH WHAT??? Be there or be square!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
Don't miss it! The event is about to get underway; it's your chance to play! :)
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »
Just for fun, I could do a recap of It's Worth WHAT? over here. I have most of the item details, and I've got the gameplay.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
This is the only recap we need:

Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »
Besides the "only recap" remark, I don't see any objections, and the recap itself isn't too big.
While I've posted a recap of DPG Finals over there, here comes a recap of...

It's Worth WHAT???

Playing today are woffan2008, Mechamind, and Thatgameshowguy. woffan2008 will be the team captain.

Game 1: For $1,000...

What's Worth More?
  • Plenty of forks (1,000 per case white medium-weight polypro forks, breakage resistant)
  • Sphere turf Duraplay tennis court (50 ft 1 in x 119 ft 10 in, also has basketball courts, tennis courts, shuffleboards, and garage towels available)
Mechamind and Thatgameshowguy say forks, and woffan2008 makes it final. The prices?

Court: $23,326
Forks: $25,200 (WIN! $1,000)

Game 2: For $2,000...

Sticker Shock

The item is an Oakley Men's Dredge Boardshort (navy blue, 55% polyester, 45% cotton, machine-washed). It is $7,500 or $10,000.

Mechamind and Thatgameshowguy say $7,500, and woffan2008 locks it in.

The price? $10,000 (LOSS)

Game 3: For $2,000...

Money Order

The items to sort from least to most expensive are...
  • Boys Harry Potter halloween costume (small robe, only 8 left in stock)
  • N4U Online cell phone pouch (Purple Zebra Premium Pu Leather Pull Flip Tab Case Cover Pouch For LG Optimus Pro C660, with soft leather)
  • TW-3500 Electronic and Interactive golf, archery, and dart target (with portable golf, archery, and dart target, point-scoring game map, iPad or large HDTV screen available, outdoor/indoor application, and 110v AC or 12v DC operation)
Woffan2008 says target-case-costume.
Mechamind says target-costume-case.
Thatgameshowguy says costume-case-target.

They decide on target first. Soon enough, they settle with target-case-costume. The prices?

Costume: $3,899
Target: $4,999
Case: $6,590

LOSS

Final game, for up to 5x the money...

It's Worth More!

The first four items are:
  • Christmas tree (30-ft Pre-Lit Everest Fir Commercial, with multiple LED lights, only 1 left in stock)
  • Swarovski "I Love My Fish" license plate frame (hard silver chrome, red crystal embellished, rhinestone diamond, modeled to fit front-and-back car plates)
  • Black Tea Biscuit 5.0 oz (red packaging, Asian brand...because "effort". I still don't know.)
  • Hobart Food Processor (angled continuous feed, minimal counterspace, 120/60/1 electrical connection, 26 lb. per minute capability, 430 RPM blade speed, and on/off switches)
The next four items to pair with the less expensive of the first four are:
  • The book Architecture, Mysticism, and Myth by W.R. Lethaby
  • Onlineshoe Women's shoes (Mid Heel Stiletto Court Shoe Suede Pump, 100% cotton, black heel height 4.25 in, fastening slip on)
  • St George Powder Flask (Dragon Slayer, 16th-century antique collectible)
  • 3M Avagard Instant Hand Antiseptic (500 mL, 12 per case, 61% w/w ethyl alcohol, moisturizing base)
(The second set of items was revealed in the wrong order; it was supposed to be least to most, but the most expensive was revealed first. The next three were revealed as least to most.)

The book is unanimously placed above the license plate frame.
The shoes are unanimously placed above the food processor.
Mechamind wants the flask above the biscuit, while Thatgameshowguy says tree. It is decided on the biscuit.
And by default the antiseptic is placed above the tree.

Mechamind misunderstood the order of the next four items, and wants to switch the shoes and antiseptic. This change is accepted. The final order chosen is:
  • Tree and Shoes
  • Biscuits and Flask
  • Food processor and Antiseptic
  • License Plate Frame and Book
The prices?
  • Biscuits ($10,000) and Flask ($7,800)
  • Tree ($23,500) and Shoes ($5,150)
  • Food processor ($12,334) and Antiseptic ($10,004)
  • License Plate Frame ($5,050) and Book ($23,711)
LOSS

Final winnings: $1,000
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:07:13 AM by therealcu2010 »
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.