Author Topic: MLB baseball 2014  (Read 60569 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: MLB baseball 2014
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »
I think the Toronto Blue Jays will get the AL wild card spot this year. Their pitching appears to be better than last year, plus they have the speed of Jose Reyes. Also, the addition of two new catchers in Dionner Navarro and Eric Kratz will help as well.

There are several contraries here. The Jays pitching has been pretty terrible most of ST, and their rotation doesn't exactly strike fear in you. Dionner Navarro was badly overpaid for a second-class catcher and Eric Kratz is an NL reject, how that will translate to the AL is an unknown, but the results aren't always very good. Short of a miracle, the Jays will bring up in the rear in the AL East.

The Jays lineup has practically changed none since the 2013 season started and really, while Adam Lind, Brett Lawrie & Colby Rasmus sometimes show they are relevant, the only things to fear in that lineup are Joey Bats (Jose Bautista) and E5 (Edwin Encarnacion). Dionner Navarro isn't an improvement over J.P. Arencibia, who was becoming really terrible. It's not really beneficial. A healthy Jose Reyes is great, but he cannot singlehandedly improve this team, and I don't see it improving.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:22:05 AM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »
Especially when Reyes is going on the disabled list after his first AB of the season. mrgrgr

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
Typical Mets loss. Blow it in the ninth and lose it in extras.

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:14 AM »
Tough loss for the Reds 1-0
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
My D-Backs BLEW it tonight. We had a 7-3 lead in the 7th and gave up 4 runs in the 7th for the tie and Buster Posey beat us in the 9th. We suck this year. 0-3 with all 3 losses against our 2 biggest and most bitter rivals :( 2014 hurts. :(
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 05:32:04 AM »
Orioles go 4-0 on Opening Day under Buck Showalter and defeated the Red Sox 2-1. From what I heard, Nelson Cruz made quite a first impression.

I had to work during the game since my store is only about five blocks from Camden Yards, so I could hear some of the cheering. Goodness, while I love football a lot, baseball is the better outdoor feel good sport and today was just a beautiful day for it.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 11:15:43 AM »
Especially when Reyes is going on the disabled list after his first AB of the season. mrgrgr

That really surprised me, to be honest. It looked like from the way he played in Montreal last weekend it was fine. I guess he pushed it a little too far. They still have Ryan Goins who is a good second baseman, and of course, Munenori Kawasaki, who is a fan favorite to say the least. I believe they have called up Jonathan Diaz from AAA though, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »
D-BACKS win! Good to final get 1 in the W column.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 07:33:38 AM »
Last night's Indians/A's game was rained out. It's the first time this has happened at the Coliseum in nearly 16 years.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 08:32:35 AM »
Alex Wood shakes off a first-pitch homer against Milwaukee and goes 7. Freddie Freeman and Jason Heyward go yard as Atlanta defeats Milwaukee, 2-1. Atlanta wins in Milwaukee have been hard to come by of late.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
Error: The score was Atlanta, 5-2.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 08:58:17 PM »
Reds lose 7-6
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:40 PM »
Mets are swept in their opening series. You have to be a Met fan to know this can happen.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 06:13:14 AM »
Atlanta's off to a 3-1 start (half game behind Miami), but they have got to cut down on strikeouts. They have 41 after four games.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 04:03:04 PM »
Walk-off grand slam for Ike Davis and one day after Lucas Duda's two homer game.