Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/26/2006  (Read 16119 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/26/2006
« on: May 26, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
NOTE REGARDING MONDAY: Since I can't seem to
post news to the homepage like I used to, I'll post this here:

CBS has announced U.S. Senators Mary L. Landrieu (D) and David Vitter (R)
will appear in spots promoting New Orleans tourism to be broadcast before two
postponed episodes of Price. The episodes, which feature trips to New Orleans
as prizes, were taped last summer prior to Hurricane Katrina.

Senator Landrieu will appear before Monday's episode (#3371K-originally
scheduled Oct. 17), Senator Vitter will appear on Monday, June 12
(#3342K-originally scheduled Sept. 27).

As a result, Epsides #3641K and #3661K will themselves be rescheduled to air
June 26 & 27, respectively. They will be the last first run shows to air
before the show takes its customary summer break.

There, I feel better now. On to today...

Production #3635K - Taped May 15, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Phire

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Jovani

1  Canopied Popcorn Cart (B)
CATHY 575   KARA *659   CAITLYN 500   ERICK 100   ($2940)

Kara from Pennsylvania plays COMING OR GOING for an International
Marine 13' Sailboat (S)

$5976 <--   (She's "Coming")   LOSS   ($6795)

2  Napoleon Cast Iron Stove (P)
+Cathy *1201   JANN 900   +Caitlyn 1200   +Erick 905   ($1973)

Cathy, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! FRIDAY!!!

Free Chip                                              (4)     0L
Conair XT10 Beard/Moustache Trimmer   1/0   0  $30  *  (3)     0R
Gumball Machine Lamp                  1/3   3   33  *  (2)  1000L
Ceramic Teapot Clock                  1/2   1   18  *  (9)   500R   Total
4-Slice Toaster                       9/0   0   80  *  (5)  1000L   $2500   LOSS

3  2 Famous Trails Binocameras (B&S)
PHILIP 699   Jann 900   +Caitlyn 750   +Erick 950   OVERBID
       499        550           *517            1   ($520)

Caitlyn from Toronton, ON plays LET EM ROLL for a Chevy Aveo LT
(Std., AT)(P)($14,440)

Hot Pockets (2 pk)              $ 2.49
Purina Cat Chow (bag)   HIGHER    6.99  *
Capzasin P              HIGHER   12.99  *

THE ROLLS...
1.  3 Cars & $2000   Banks 3
2.  1 Car & $1500    Banks 4
3   CAR              WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 2,940   Kara      40 + 10   .50
  4,584   Cathy    100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 55   Through to Showcase Round
 14,960   Caitlyn   40 + 85    OV

4  furnitureofamerica.com Chess Table (S)
Philip 1049   Jann *500   BRIDGET 700   +Erick 900   ($665)

Jann from "Barkersfield", CA plays BARKER'S MARKER$

(1) Deering Sierra Banjo (B)                       (3)*$2567   *$2139(1)
(2) carolinachair.com Hughes Chair/Ottoman (P)     (1)*$1225    $1875
(3) Yamaha TTR125LT offroad Motorcycle (S)       Keeps the Marker...WIN!

5  Funtek USA Healthbounce Rebound Jogger (S)
Philip 970   ELIZABETH 969   Bridget 475   +Erick *600   ($795)

Erick, the last of the "First Four", plays for a Chevy Malibu LS
(Std., AODirve, RKE, AirBag, BlkHtr, Sealer)(B)

$ 19     95-3   42-bk  18-2
$ 95     61     17     19-1
$ 80     75-5   33     80-4
$ 75
$269   $18 0 --   LOSS

6  2 Pawley's Island Rockers/Gold Bond Powder (P)
Philip 750   Elizabeth *650   Bridget 1   ESTHER 525   ($705)

Elizabeth from North Carolina plays DOUBLE PRICES for a trip to Tokyo
(6n @ Radisson)(B)

>$6502<   PICK
($6502)   WIN!
 $5226

SHOWDOWN #2                       Spinoff
$  795   Erick       15 + 60   .75  .95   Through to Showcase Round
 7,096   Jann        60 + 75    OV        (Faller 1st Spin)
 7,247   Elizabeth   75 stay   .75  .25

SHOWCASE ROUND
Cathy has the honor.

SC1-Erick      Broyhill Urban Dining Group
BID   $15,150   Noritake Colorwave Dinnerware (B)
PRICE    17,695   vTech Telephones (B)
DIFF    -2,545   Jacuzzi J365 Hot Tub (P)
TOTAL   $18,759   

SC2-Cathy      NEW OTC MEDICATIONS
BID   $30,000   (Apple) Desktop Computer (B)
PRICE    35,917   (Sony) 50" Projection HDTV (P)
DIFF    -5,917   Chrysler Sebring GTC (Std., Security, Stereo)(S)
TOTAL   $ 5,584

Jacob, skip the inventory list on the computer. Instead, see if you
can corral about 25 of Erick's dogpilers so he can see his stuff.

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $56,586

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/26/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:27:13 PM »
Friday, May 26, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #216, Caitlin, AND #217, Kara! :-D

Money Game- Just to show you how predictable contestants have become...

[2006-05-26 11:33:11] Jordanar18: He'll pick 95
[2006-05-26 11:33:16] Jordanar18: Then 80...
[2006-05-26 11:33:44] Jordanar18: Now 75, and this is a LOSS

Hilarious. :lol:

Showcase- ...and the DSW streak is over. But hey, that was still a nice stage storming. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Even though she was kind of annoying at times... Jann.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- This show was actually a bit better than average. Who would've thought... Grade: 3

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:37:20 PM »
It feels good when Let Em Roll is won.  Many a time, we get the 4 cars and $500, which is absolutely painful.

If it wasn't for that 19, Erick would've been the 1st player in a very long time to get $300 from Money Game.

The DSW streak may have ended, but our streak of good bids continue.  :D

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »
Coming or Going- The moment that kara had choose coming I had a feeling she had lost.

Pilnko- Kathy was a lot of fum to watch. It was too bad that she didn't win a lot more but $2,500 isn't that bad.

Let Em' Roll- Caitlin was very fortunate to win the car.

Barker's Markers- I don't think Jann understood the game at first but she caught on very quickly, however.

Money Game- Ouch! I also had thought the last two numbrs were 75.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 01:45:43 PM »
Okay, show of hands:  how many of you didn't pick Plinko today?  I know I didn't.  I took Punch a Bunch, which -- believe it or not -- was actually more due.

Barker's Marker$ was just plain screwed up.  Jann clearly had no idea what she was supposed to be doing, and her confusion ended up getting Bob confused.  And then, at the end, the last price just lit up out of nowhere when it clearly wasn't supposed to yet...very strange.

I was surprised when Bob actually announced Double Prices before the game or the prize even got on-camera.

After the last couple of days, the end of the Showcase was a bit of a letdown.

sternal wrote:

Barker's Markers- I don't think Jann understood the game at first but she caught on very quickly, however.

No, she didn't.

sternal wrote:

Money Game- Ouch! I also had thought the last two numbrs were 75.

Then you clearly haven't been paying any attention to the game for the last two or three years.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »
Coming Or Going: Should have been won. Going was more logical.

Plinko: The small items were easy, but the board itself wasn't for Cathy.

Let Em' Roll: For once, part of the grocery segment was bound to trip up someone, which was the medicine on the third item, but it didn't happen today.

Barker's Markers: That ending was totally botched, making the win less exciting than it should have been.

Money Game: Easy for me, but obviously not for Erick. Erick had to be the typical Money Game player that picks high numbers and not do so well. 42 was screaming to be picked.

Double Prices: Fairly easy. $6K+ looked expensive enough for the trip.

Showcases: I thought Cathy had won with her bid, and thought Erick was way under, since it had a Jacuzzi. Well, the first one was cheaper than I thought, and the second one was more expensive than I thought. Cathy didn't have much luck today.

Overall: Not a very good show today, especially because of the dull lineup (except for Barker's Markers).

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:06:32 PM »
I really don't understand how Coming or Going could be lost.  Anyone who watches anything on TV ought to know that everything ends in 95!

...then again, it might have helped Erick not to know that.

Jann didn't really know what she was doing in Barker's Markers today, did she?  She pretty much got lucky there.

After Jann today, and Garnet and Marcia from yesterday, I think Bob's going to develop a phobia over short-haired blondes :lol:!

On one hand, Cathy was a lot of fun, and it would have been nice to see her do better in Plinko.  On the other hand, she was placing a lot of her chips on the edges of the board... just too bad, I guess.

Elizabeth was fairly pretty, and happy to play anything.  Guess Double Prices is about as anything as you can get, but she seemed happy enough to be going to Tokyo.

Have Coming or Going and Double Prices been played in the same show before?

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 03:11:12 PM »

Frank15 wrote:

Yep..  On an MDS that aired on 5/22/04 and on daytime 3/11/04

Wow was the plinko board active today. I thought that last chip was headed into the 10K but it bounced up like 2 rows and into the left 1000.  

In money game I don't think that people get greedy.  They are just conditioned to think that stuff ends in round numbers.  That is always why they pick 95  or 80 etc.  I mean greedy over two hundred some dollars that seems silly when compared to a car

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »
rcbought said:
In money game I don't think that people get greedy. They are just conditioned to think that stuff ends in round numbers. That is always why they pick 95 or 80 etc. I mean greedy over two hundred some dollars that seems silly when compared to a car.

I'm not sure, at least when it comes to the last chance that you get. If there weren't ANY choices that looked right to me, and no El Cheapo, I'd probably go for a 95 that looked iffy over a 15 that looked iffy. It also depends on whether or not it's a Cobalt. :-D

Today looked like a fun show. I was all worked up because I had to set up my spreadsheets for Triple Points CSS, and even though the show was 3 for 6, there was a lot of energy on stage.

I don't think most people understand Barker's Markers, and it's not like there's THAT much strategy to it. If the three prizes are an Apple computer, a motorcycle, and an Ashley dinette, and the four prices are $2500, $2000, $800 and $900, then it gets a bit more tricky. I mean, you KNOW that the dinette is one of the two low numbers, but which? ::shrug:: Today's player obviously thought that she had to match the prices to the items à la Race Game.

If today had been the third DSW in a week, I would have thought that The Dob had developed some signals or was standing there giving a shout-out to the contestant. :lol:
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »
I really don't understand how Kara managed to lost Coming or Going.  $5,976 didn't even look right at all.

Even more, I can't understand why the Dob played Coming or Going first and Barker's Marker$ fourth.  Does it not seem more logical to have had Coming or Going third, Double Prices fourth, Barker's Marker$ fifth, and Money Game sixth?

And even then, Coming or Going and Double Prices in the same show...that's just whacked.

Barker's Marker$ was a mess.  Jann clearly didn't have a clue as to what she was doing.  Bob was getting pretty confused as well, and then the last price just lit up out of nowhere.

You know, I'm just waiting for the day when the airdate schedule screws up, and on an out-of-order episode, Bob mentions about a double Showcase win happening that we haven't seen yet.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Okay, show of hands:  how many of you didn't pick Plinko today?  I know I didn't.  I took Punch a Bunch, which -- believe it or not -- was actually more due.

I thought about taking Punch a Bunch, but I had this feeling the Dob was going to play Plino anyway.  Apparantly, I felt right.

Frank15 wrote:

I don't recall it ever happening, but perhaps someone who is more up to date on the stats can answer better.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 04:01:04 PM »

BuddyTom wrote:
I don't think most people understand Barker's Markers, and it's not like there's THAT much strategy to it. If the three prizes are an Apple computer, a motorcycle, and an Ashley dinette, and the four prices are $2500, $2000, $800 and $900, then it gets a bit more tricky. I mean, you KNOW that the dinette is one of the two low numbers, but which? ::shrug:: Today's player obviously thought that she had to match the prices to the items à la Race Game.

Actually, that scenario you described is the one time Markers is NOT tricky...you take $2000, $800, and $900, and since you know one of the two lower prices is wrong, you switch the marker once they tell you which is right.  $500 just ain't worth the extra effort in this game to worry about it.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »
Coming or Going: I wanted the right price to be low; but on the other hand, I wanted the price to end in 5. I picked the former. Bad move.

Plinko: Not a bad sum, but not that great either.
(I raised my hand a long time ago for Punch)

Let 'em Roll: Those Hot Pockets made me want to cook my Lean Pockets during this game. We all wanted the same outcome for Caitlyn.

Barkers Marker$: Seeing $1225 light up made me think it was on by error before realizing it was a win. Weird and confusing, but interesting time.

Money Game: "It better not be the ol' back-n-front trick." It was.

Double Prices: Thinking something about Japan (which I don't know makes sense since I do not have any backup research) made me think $6502. (Plus, I groaned a little when Bob announced Double Prices. I was expecting something like Side by Side. However, I was not too surprised because Bob did do this before.)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 05:38:20 PM »
PG #1 - I would've been going just cuz $6,795 looked like a better price.

PG #2 - $2,500 Stinko!

PG #3 - Ugly yellow Aveo hatchback alert!  :-P  Well, once again, it's back-to-back SP/GP games in the first half.

PG #4 - Yay!  Markers!  :-P  Looked like the technical people jumped the gun on revealing the price of the chaise.  But man, I love it when somebody wins Markers and still has the $500.

One-Bid #5 - Girls on trampolines!  :-D

PG #5 - What?!  No 35 today?!  With that paint sealant, I suspected that 42 would be the last two numbers today.  But, as is most often the case, the contestant is sucked into picking 95, 80, and 75.

PG #6 - Is this the first time that Bob announced Double Prices before the game was revealed?  After seeing Coggy first, I thought we would go a week without seeing Dubba.

My bids - Random room/spa:  $16,700.  Car:  $29,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 05:40:33 PM »
rcbought wrote:  In money game I don't think that people get greedy.  They are just conditioned to think that stuff ends in round numbers.  That is always why they pick 95  or 80 etc.  I mean greedy over two hundred some dollars that seems silly when compared to a car
You're definitely right.  Most of these contestants have absolutely no clue that they win the money if it's not part of the car price, and only find out after the fact.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

*raises hand* I didn't pick either one.  I tried for the Dobstopper by picking Joker!  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16