Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/08/2007  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/08/2007
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »

Production #3874K - Taped Jan. 3, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood

Wearing: Flip

1   (Mitsubishi) 52" Projection HDTV (L&R)

MACKENZIE 1070
MARK 1100
RHONDA 3200
KARISMA *1101
($2799)

Karisma gets to complete a TRIPLE PLAY

Pontiac Vibe (Std., AT)(B)($18,145)
$16,219$19,625
NOLOSS

...and the Peanut Gallery knew it right away.

2   Broyhill Trpoical Retreat Wine Cabinet/Secretary (B + L w/2 greyhounds)

+Mackenzie 825
+Mark 950
+Rhonda *1000
BRIAN 800
($1125)

Rhonda plays PUSHOVER for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (R)

Setup:6 9 9 5 8 4 0 7 7
Pick:6 9 9[5 8 4 0]
Price:$6995   LOSS

3   Landrider His+Hers Bicycles/Gold Bond Cream (L)

+Mackenzie *902
+Mark 1
CATHERINE 900
Brian 901
($1200)

Mackenzie plays DANGER PRICE

(3) 2 (Infinity) Surfboards$1000
(2) 30" Stainless Gas Range1349
(4) Noritake Alere Crystal Stemware504LOSS

(1) ESP B404 Bass Guitar949

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,125Rhonda85 stay.85(Puny 1st Spin)
1,200Mackenzie95 stay.95Through to Showcase Round
2,799Karisma85 + 95.95

4   Pulaski Bombay Curio Cabinet (R)

JOSE 700
+Mark *1800
Katherine 1150
Brian 1
($2280)

Mark plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Dodge Nitro SXT (Std., Mats)(B)($20,140)

$14,310
$16,005
$18,331
$20,950

WIN!

5   "The Dink" 8' Row-Sailboat/Aspercreme Patch (B)

Jose 1
DOLORES 1400
Katherine 1401
Brian *1600
($1899)

Brian plays NOW...OR THEN for a trip to Victoria, BC (6n @ Chateau)(L&R)($2666)

"Then" is August 1998

(4) Altoids Mints$1.99NOWTHEN
(5) Hot Pockets (2 pk)2.49NOWNOW*
(6) Mylanta Ultimate Strength6.99NOWNOW
(1) Baby Magic4.09THENTHEN*WIN!

(2) Space Bag (large)5.99
(3) Gold Bond Body Lotion8.95

6   Aurista Coin Jewelry (L&R)

Jose 2000
Dolores 2500
Katherine *1
TIMOTHY 1500
($772)

Katherine from Arizona plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

Inspire M2 Home Gym (R)$2199
Flexsteel Wilson Recliner (B)$1320$1320WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$4,198Katherine25 + 65.90Through to Showcase Round
4,605Brian55 + 60OV
22,420Mark85 + 55OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Katherine has the honor.

SC1-Katherine

THE PRICE IS RIGHT SCROLLS (R)
MCF Diamond/Gold Twisted Band Ring
Trip to Paris (6n)
Chryler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, ALB)
BID$28,000
PRICE28,430
DIFF- 430
TOTAL$32,721

SC2-Mackenzie

PRIZES DELIVERED TO THE DEPOT BY "CHUGS" THE TRAIN (L)
Corsican Bronze Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit
Mosconi Voltera Billiard Table
Yamaha Phazer Snowmobile
BID$16,500
PRICE15,547
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $64,870

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/08/2007
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
I have a question, Joe. What were the other 2 cars in Triple Play?

MOD NOTE: A truck and a convertible. - JC

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:29:44 PM »
[color=000000]WORST SHOW OF THE YEAR[/color]. And i'm serious about that. Today's show was just utterly abysmal. The pricing game lineup stunk-really there was no reason whatsoever to throw out the SP game today.

Triple Play: Not a good way to start things off-a loss on the first car. Perhaps this was a sign of the way things were gonna go.

Pushover: There was no excuse for losing this today. $6995 was the only price that even remotely looked right.

Danger Price: I thought the bass guitar was the prize not to be picked. But then again what do I know.

TTM: Most impressive win of the day, especiallly since we haven't seen much of the Nitro.

1RP: What better way to end the PG portion of a bad show than with a bad quickie like 1RP.

Showcases: Boy, I thought for all the world this show was gonna end with a double overbid. Turns out Katherine's bid was awesome. Highlight of the show today for sure.

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »
Just got in...

First three games were all stupid losses IMO.

Someone finally got TTM right for once.

Now or Then...played pretty well.

1 Right Price: not that easy for me.

Showcase: Another nice score today, otherwise it would've probably been a DOB.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »
Very Slow start--but got better as they got on:

Triple Play--I really hate to say this but that was "bad Karisma" on Karisma's part to choose $19,625 over $16,219.  The Audience knew it, I KNEW it too.  (sigh)

Push Over---it was either $5840 or $6995.  I chose $6995.  Rhonda, you should have pushed it a little bit more.

Danger Price---When MacKensie chose the silverware, I screamed "NO, NOT THE SILVERWARE!!!"  I knew the Silverware was DEATH.  I wonder how many of you loyal viewers were screaming at the TV at this one.

Out of the first 3 games, honestly, TWO of them were on STUPID moves.

SCSD 1: Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda---BOOO!  BAD SPIN!  

Now the second half: DAMN better!

That's Too Much--My thoughts before this: Mark, the last of the first four, Better WIN, unlike Karisma, Rhonda, and MacKensie.  I was at a borderline on stopping at $20,950 or going one more.  Mark stopped, and for me I would have went one more.  Mark WON!  Shows how much I know....

Now or Then--Here were my guesses: ALTOIDS-NOW (it was THEN, DAMN.)  The Mylanta--THEN.  It was NOW.  Gosh, I need to brush up on my grocery products...
Brian did fine on this playing, deserving that trip.

One Right Price---EASY.  The chair was $1320.

Showcases: (Sigh) Mackensie went OVER.  Yet another hottie that goes over in the Showcases...I thought Katherine went over too, but Katherine was CLOSE.  She wins over $32,000 in prizes today.

Oh nobody mentioned the Showcase podium bloopers.  MacKensie's bid of $16,500 went over to Katherine's podium.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:33:05 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Triple Play -- 2:00
Push Over -- 1:34
Danger Price -- 2:16
That's Too Much -- 2:04
Now.... or Then -- 2:53
1 Right Price -- 1:18

rob79 wrote: [color=000000]WORST SHOW OF THE YEAR[/color]. And i'm serious about that. Today's show was just utterly abysmal.
Oh please... Bob's build-up of wanting a perfect second half, and then it happening, gives the show some bonus points!

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Triple Play: Karisma should not have lost on the first car, but this playing was intended to have been lost on the truck. Ford F-150 are getting REAL cheap now. Thus, a win here was NEVER going to happen today.

Pushover: Easy for those who knew spas end in 995, hard for those who don't.

Danger Price: MEAN setup. The flatware shouldn't have been THAT cheap.

That's Too Much: First win of the day. In all three times its been won this season, you had to stop at the fourth price.

Now or Then: Second win of the day.

One Right Price: A perfect second half!

Showcases: I thought we might have a Double Overbid today after those bids. Instead, we get a near-DSW bid for the second day in a row!

Overall: OK show today.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

rob79 wrote: [color=000000]WORST SHOW OF THE YEAR[/color]. And i'm serious about that. Today's show was just utterly abysmal.
Oh please... Bob's build-up of wanting a perfect second half, and then it happening, gives the show some bonus points!

It's just my opinion about how bad the show was today. I know others may have thought it was good, in my opinion it was a clunker, and believe you me, there's not many times I say that, unfortunately today was one of those days where I personally thought it was a bad show. There are other times when a show may be bad to someone else and it was good to me. It comes down to a difference of opinion and hey, that's ok. I was glad to see the perfect 2nd half, I was glad to see games such as Pushover and TTM-but the overall makeup of the show to me today wasn't good.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
Danger Price: MEAN setup. The flatware shouldn't have been THAT cheap.

I actually thought this set-up wasn't too bad. Bass guitars (we MUST remember that these are RETAIL prices, not what you can grab down at Guitar Center or online) are very rarely that cheap, whereas flatware is overbid on in contestant's row all the time. I thought that it was pretty obvious to avoid it. But obviously I was wrong.

No way is this one of the worst shows of the year. It's not up there with the perfect show, no SP game and one of my least favorite GP games, but still it was a break-even with some dramatic moments. Yes, people here get all angry and yell at the TV when someone ignores what is to us an obvious price (like in Push Over). But how many people in the normal public know that all of the Beachcomber and Master Spa spas on this show ALWAYS end in -995?

You get 160ish shows a year. They can't ALL be classics. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 03:11:35 PM »
BoboChung, I would have to agree with BuddyTom.  The Stemware has been used on One-Bids in previous shows and it was $504.  I would NOT say that Danger Price was HARD.  I'd say it was a STUPID move on MacKensie's part to choose the Stemware/silverware.

As for MacKensie's showcase bid, I did NOT think it was that bad.  I would have said between $15,000 to $16,500 too.  Luck was NOT on MacKensie's side at all today, although she was pretty hot by the way.  I don't know if heelsrule would agree with me on this one that MacKensie is HOT.

And if I had to choose the best contestant today, I would have chosen Mark.  He's the one that started the win streak and ended the stinkin first half of losses--two of them were STUPID beyond belief--GOOD NIGHT!  I especially liked Mark's reaction to the Dodge Nitro.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
In the future, Heels writes:

Hottie #153 or something: Karisma :-D

Heels goes on to write:

Hottie #154 or something: MacKensie  :-D

There you go. :-D

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »
Well rob, I can't agree that this was the worst show of the season, but I'll agree that it was probably in the bottom half, anyway.

Right after the second showcase was pretty funny, with the electronic displays acting crazy.

Mackenzie was a lot of fun, just wanting surfboards.  Seemed a little hyper for a surfer maybe. Too bad she was just not going to win the surfboards with today's tricky Danger Price setup.  The stemware would've been my second-to-last guess for the $504 price.

Speaking of Mackenzie--or is that MacKenzie?  The name itself is unusual, in that there's no real possible way to know which of those two ways Mackenzie spells her name, since the names are written in all-caps on their nametags.  Just something semi-interesting, anyway.

Was Now or Then really necessary over an SP game?  That's two shows in a four-day week without one!  Absolutely no good reason for that.  Yes, I know Cliff Hangers and That's Too Much technically conflict for unknown reasons.  Yes, Roger's played them together before anyway.  Could've just put Cliffy second and Pushy fifth.  Or heck, even Secret "X" would've been nicer, really.

Speaking of Now or Then, did that setup bother anyone else?  Weren't Hot Pockets used back in Season 27, with that same $2.49 price?

I really don't understand why the entire audience celebrated the $5840 price in Push Over.  Why is it that contestants only seem to be aware that everything ends in "95" in Money Game and Cover Up, which are about the only two games where 95 usually isn't right?  I just don't get it.  Seriously, loyal fan or never-watcher, I'd expect normal people to notice that a lot of real-life stuff ends in 95.

I know heely ain't gonna' agree, but I thought Katherine was pretty cute
baymonster wrote:  First three games were all stupid losses IMO.

Danger Price was not a stupid loss.

Richie wrote:  Danger Price---When MacKenzie chose the silverware, I screamed "NO, NOT THE SILVERWARE!!!" I knew the Silverware was DEATH. I wonder how many of you loyal viewers were screaming at the TV at this one.
I'd say it was a STUPID move on MacKenzie's part to choose the Stemware/silverware.

No.  Just no.  Stemware is rarely that cheap on the show--usually closer to $1200--while some, though hardly most, guitars have been close to that.  There's absolutely no reason for Mackenzie to have somehow known that.

BobboChung wrote:  Ford F-150 are getting REAL cheap now. Thus, a win here was NEVER going to happen today.

That's a ridiculous assumption, considering we have no idea what the prices were for the truck.  Roger may have made it very obvious.  Or very difficult.  We have no way of knowing, so to say that it was a forced loss is insane.

BuddyTom wrote:  But how many people in the normal public know that all of the Beachcomber and Master Spa spas on this show ALWAYS end in -995?

I would think most people.  Has nothing to do with whether you watch the show or not.  Just that I would think most people would notice all the prices in day-to-day life that end in 95.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »
Triple Play: The peanut gallery's reaction to Karisma's pick of $19,625 on the first automobile told it all.

Push Over: I knew that price of that hot tub was $6995. Should have gone all the way Rhonda.

Danger Price: Cheap or not I knew the flatware was indeed the Danger Price. There goes a surfer's dream of getting surfboards.

SS #1: I wanted either Rhonda or Karisma to win.

That's Too Much: I thought this game was lost here. Good job on Mark's part for getting the car.

Now Or Then: Nice one by Brian to dust off the first and only mistake in this game to pull out a win.

One Right Price: Knew that chair was $1320. A good win to end a perfect second half.

Showcases: I thought it would be a double overbid there. A great bid by Katherine. Another close call when it comes to winning both showcases.

Offline TPIRCOUSIN

• 6/27/2006
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
I was worried Mark was going to lose in that TTM game, but I'm glad he stopped at the perfect time.  I loved that win.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Was Now or Then really necessary over an SP game?  That's two shows in a four-day week without one!  Absolutely no good reason for that.  Yes, I know Cliff Hangers and That's Too Much technically conflict for unknown reasons.  Yes, Roger's played them together before anyway.  Could've just put Cliffy second and Pushy fifth.  Or heck, even Secret "X" would've been nicer, really.

I was wondering the same thing Frank. I mean everytime a SP game isn't played that means one is gonna be played even less (like Cliff Hangers) because we all know the SP cashers are not going to lose their playings (Plinko will still get its 30 playings) while the other SP games and especially the SP car games get pushed aside.

BTW: How far ahead were they today? The 2nd SCSD started at 10:42 central time as far as what I could tell which is the earliest i've seen it in a looooooonnngggg time. Course, then again, the early loss on Triple Play was THE reason they were so far ahead of time today.