Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/08/2007  (Read 11780 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/08/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #23--Karisma!  :-P

PG #1:  Triple Play again?!  Whoa, I wasn't expecting a Big Three game this week!  I also wasn't expecting anybody to think that a near-base Vibe would cost over $19,600.

PG #2:  "Beachcomber... pick the price that ends in 95!"

PG #3:  Danger Price again?!  That's not the big-door MP game that I was looking for this week.

PG #4:  It's that evil Dodge Nitro again.  And it's That's Too Much 4th this time!  I would've gone on to the next price and lost.  Nice job by Mark in stopping the Dob and the skunk.

PG #6:  Yay!  Half-Off cue!  :-P

Showcases:  LOL!  Showcase podium malfunction!  First Grand Game and Flip Flop yesterday... now this.

My showcase bids:
Car--$26,025
FRTDS--$13,187
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline alumniseason35

• 9/19/06
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »
Did you guys catch Rich having to repeat Karisma's name to come on down at the beginning of the show?  I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often given the noise level in the audience.

Fun hanging in chat today - special treat for me as I was home due to a dr's appt....

Thanks for the Golden Star as well....

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »
Triple Play: No way should the 1st car be lost.  $19K was so incorrect.

Push Over: I knew $6995 was the correct choice.

TTM: Tough Today.  I would have gone to the 6th price and blew it.  Great Job, Mark.

Showcases: Interesting to see both podiums malfuction.  I thought katherine was over on the Car/Paris, which I thought it would crack the $24K mark.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #156, Karisma, AND #157, MacKenzie! :-D

Triple Play- Ouch. On top of a Triple Play loss on the first car, which always hurts, it was Karisma who suffered.

Showcase- Ugh. I can't even remember the last time a hottie won the Showcase. I thought MacKenzie had it.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- MacKenzie. On top of being a hottie, she was a great contestant. Very polite, too.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Nothing too spectacular about today's show... Grade: 2

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »
Maybe Roger shouldn't schedule Big 3 games on Thursday anymore...this is the second week in a row that the show started off with a huge buildup and then just came to a crashing halt.  There is no reason Triple Play should have ended the way it did, either -- I think Karisma was the only person in the studio who didn't know she was wrong.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how Push Over was lost, and lost with the support of pretty much the whole audience to boot.  $6,995 just stood out from that lineup like a sore thumb.

It's really too bad Mackenzie didn't win Danger Price.  Really, how often do surfboards get offered to someone who's actually going to use them?

Katherine's bid on the first showcase was pretty impressive.

You know what the best part of this episode was?  Bob.  He's been a bit off the last few shows, but he was totally on top of his game today, and the Triple Play loss had the upside of giving him plenty of chances to shine while filling time for the rest of the hour.  Here's hoping he has a lot more days like this over the next four months!

A little advice for anyone who hasn't done FPG picks yet:  don't pick anything that was played on the October 11 episode.  I have a hunch Roger counted it as this week's Monday show.

Frank15 wrote:

Speaking of Now or Then, did that setup bother anyone else? Weren't Hot Pockets used back in Season 27, with that same $2.49 price?

I dunno, but I do know that we sell Altoids at Eckerd for $1.99.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 10:10:35 PM »
Triple: Karisma is HOT!!! :-D Picking 19K spelled doomed.

Push: The freakin' audience costs another one.

Danger: I knew right away when Mackensie picked the stemware spelled doomed.

TTM: The evil Dodge Nitro would've got me. I thought it was at least $24K. Mark scored big time. Good Job.

NowThen: Another nice win.

1RP: See NowThen.

Showcases: Are the props really starting to show its age? It's about to drive Bob nuts!! Katherine scored with a great close-DSW bid.

It's another 2.25 star show.

Hope for a big "end-of-the week" big one.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
Triple Play: Okay. A Vibe like that always gets me at around $18K; so picking 16 was the effect. It looked like Karisma was rasing her hands to signify the top price; although now I think she was also raising nine fingers. I was in full agreement with the audience when she said 19. It looked like Bob hesitated for a split second to see if she was going to change her mind. It also sounded like the audience was not groaning much when the buzzer and horns sounded.

Push Over: I liked 5840. I guess pushing over all the numbers can result in a win. I think that's a rarity.

One Bid 3: Ditto on what frank said about Katherine. :-)

Danger Price: En route to watch the episode, The BBR was playing on my player. Oh, I wanted to see an array of prizes to this music. Since we played Poker Game a while ago, I was thinking maybe Danger Price would play today. Give me a Plinko chip.
When it was between the stemware and the guitar, I felt a crapshoot. I also would have said the stemware. Cue horns.

Showcase Showdown 1: Ah, the sound of constant booing from the audience... and a commentary from Bob to boot. That really relaxed me after a day's work.

That's Too Much!: That's Awesome!
Well, part of me wanted to go one more, but my majority wanted me to cue the line here.

now... or then: I forgot how good a product Baby Magic was. I don't think I would pay $4.09 for it in 1998 nor 2007. I also thought Altoids was a little pricey back then compared to other mints.

1 Right Price: My first instinct was to put the price on the home gym, but I think someone would pay more than $1320 for a contraption like that. Pay more to exercise, pay less to sit down.

I have this strange inkling Mark is from my school... I'll have to find that out because of what he said in the second Showcase Showdown and his corn shirt.....
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6651
We know that yesterday was Step Up's 5th anniversary.

Aurista America Coin Jewelry/Watches
Finally, after three months and a second appearance on the show, we have a price!  It first appeared on the show in November 2's Master Key.  Todd's actual winnings from November 2 is $18,257.

The Price is Wrong Scrolls
Michael C Fina Twisted Diamond Ring - $2,000
A trip to Paris, how sweet. - $8,685
Chrysler PT Cruiser - $17,745

Um...we're still looking for trips to France's northeastern neighbor Germany.  We've not offered one yet this season.

The Train Depot
Corsican Bronze Daybed & Loving Care Formfit - $2,949
Mosconi Volterra Billiards Table, which had only two prior Price is Right appearances on June 10 and October 18, 2005 - $6,000
Yamaha Phaser - $6,598

Modeling Report Card for February 8, 2007
Score to beat:  $64,493

With $71,509, this Rachel Reynolds is headed for Wall Street.

24 prizes.
Two grocery supplies.
$154,970.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 12:31:28 AM »
triple play-poor Playing there was no excuse for miss the first car.

Pushover-i thought Rhonda Had won the spa So much for what i know. Danger Price-

Danger price-When Mackinse chose the Steam wear i had a feeling she had loss.

That's Too much-A nice way to start the second half.

Now or then-Brian played now or then very well.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »
Frank15 wrote:
Was Now or Then really necessary over an SP game?

Kind of, yeah. With six sponsored grocery items in today's show, it was either play a grocery game or attach them to all of the One Bids.

When Triple Play was lost on the first car, I was looking forward to the fact that there was a chance for some good contestant interaction later in the show. It was nice to see the episode move along at an unhurried pace, but it was a minor bummer that none of the contestants warranted some extra conversation time today.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »
Ah.  So I guess they're still not quite on equal terms, the SPs and GPs.  Too bad, I guess.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »
It's a real shame that Triple Play was lost on the first car.  I guess Karisma thought the Vibe looked almost $20,000.  The peanut gallery was right on the nose with the bad decision.

Push Over was easy today, but I guess contestants have a tossup between a price ending in zero or ending in five.  A price that's near an even price ($6,995) seemed like the most logical choice to me.

Danger Price should have been won.  I guess that many people think that guitars don't cost that much when they are purchased for low prices at a store.  I really wanted Mackenzie to win those surfboards!

This is the second time a Dodge Nitro appeared on the show, and the first time it's offered in a pricing game.  It's a good thing that it did not trip up Mark because that vehicle is very new and I don't think much of the public has heard or seen one yet.

Brian played Now or Then pretty well, and said "Then" for the baby lotion, against the groans of the audience.

One Right Price was incredibly easy today.

I thought Katherine was over on her showcase. But suprisingly, she bid well!  I guess that trip to Paris and the ring must have totaled a lot of money.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 12:39:36 AM »
There was no way the first car in Triple Play should have been lost. Too bad for Karisma, the audience knew she was wrong.

I don't get how Push Over was lost either. $6995 was the only obvious price.

Mackenzie was great! I wanted her to win after she got excited that she could win something she wanted, the surfboards! I avoided the stemware, too bad she didn't.

Hooray for Mark for winning That's Too Much! I stopped there too.

Brain was good. It was either do or die with that shampoo. I love it when it comes down to the final product in Now or Then.

That was a cheap collection of jewelry. And One Right Price was easy.

Another unbelieveable bid in the showcases! How is that possible!? I was hoping for a DSW today, but none. The malfunctioning of the podiums was funny.

Best Contestant- Mackenzie

Showcase #1- $24,000
Difference- $4430

Showcase #2- $16,000
Difference- OVER

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »
Triple Play-Booo, that was horrible!  The whole audience was shouting $16K, but she wouldn't listen to them!

Pushover-Since I've seen these hot tubs before, the only reasonable choice was $6995.

Danger Price-I knew it was either the surfboards or the stemware that was $504, and when it wasn't the surfboards, it had to be the stemware.  When she picked the stemware, I shouted NO!

That's Too Much-Yay, a win!  Great job!

Now or Then-Pretty easy today.  I knew the Altoids were Then, and since all the other prices looked Now, the Baby Magic had to be the other then.

1 Right Price-Easy as well.

Showcase #1-Wow, 2nd day in a row of a great bid!
All Hail Sinfonia!