Author Topic: OBIT: Chuck Noll  (Read 736 times)

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
OBIT: Chuck Noll
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »
The former Steelers head coach from 1969 to 1991 who took his team to 4 Super Bowl wins has died.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6081467-74/noll-football-steelers#axzz34a1IZ2oN

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: OBIT: Chuck Noll
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »
Chuck Noll was 1 of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Here's a guy who took over a team that had never won anything since it's 1933 inception and lead them to 4 Super Bowls and won them all. Plus you have to respect his longevity. VERY few coaches will ever last ever 2 decades with the same team. That might be the greatest testament to Chuck Noll's greatest. R.I.P Chuck Noll.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: OBIT: Chuck Noll
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Hard to argue best coach of all time because of the different era's of football.   However, you cannot argue his achievements.   Certainly one of the best of all time.

Sad day for the Pittsburgh and the NFL.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.