Author Topic: Master Key Premiere  (Read 3321 times)

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Master Key Premiere
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:58:03 PM »

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Master Key Premiere
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
A tiny bit of camera angle fail when she started opening the locks, but otherwise good stuff. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
This clip is a good example of when the turntable looked its best. The purple-red-orange pattern was relatively new and did not look faded like later on, and the red pattern on the back of the spinning panel was a nice touch. The carpet was very shiny looking too.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
The locks seem shorter, don't they?

Anyway, it's great to see the game's premiere and have all the prizes won on the first playing.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
I have to say, after watching this clip, that the reveal just doesn't have it's bombastic feel without the doors opening up faster and the arrow backdrop. It's weird, since you think it would, especially with Big Banana there from the beginning, but it really doesn't.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »
I have to say, after watching this clip, that the reveal just doesn't have it's bombastic feel without the doors opening up faster and the arrow backdrop.

Personally, I think that getting the car off the floor (once they built the platform for the reveal) is what makes the car stand out and the reveal seem "right."

I also noticed the locks lower to the floor than they currently are. I guess it was decided that having the contestant's and Bob's heads blocking the "WIN" signs didn't make for good TV.

And was I hallucinating, or were the shackles on the small prize stands at different heights? Were they they just built differently? Were they adjustable? Are they still adjustable? Why do I suddenly think I remember seeing some kind of unexplained series of holes behind those stands?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 11:35:38 PM »
And was I hallucinating, or were the shackles on the small prize stands at different heights? Were they they just built differently? Were they adjustable? Are they still adjustable? Why do I suddenly think I remember seeing some kind of unexplained series of holes behind those stands?

You're not hallucinating, they are indeed different.  I looked over some playings form over the years.  Seems in the 80s they played with the heights a bit.  One time they're taller than the key rack, another they're the same height.

Here's one from 1987 with the normal height. Here's one from 1984 with them slightly taller. 
Also seems at some point they added a 1-foot base to the bottom of the locks to put the win signs up higher.

The actual retail price is...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 02:37:38 AM »
Finally got around to watching this, pretty neat.

The only thing I'd like to point out is that having pants as a small prize seems a bit....odd. Don't know why, it just feels out of place.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
I noticed that the ARP of the prize package was announced in this playing.  Wonder when they stopped doing that?
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
The two playings pictured on Brad's site also have the shackles at noticeably different heights.

Apparently, those suckers have been adjustable all these years, and none of us ever noticed it!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.