Author Topic: ignore  (Read 26040 times)

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
ignore
« on: April 19, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
(Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place.)

For those who aren't already aware, a Price is Right winner from 2010--whom you might remember missed his Showcase by a mile but still won because his opponent overbid by less than $200 on a Porsche--will be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune next Monday, April 28, as part of the celebratory 6000th show week.

...oh wait a minute, that's me!

Please check your local listings!

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
Re: TPIR Contestant on Other Show Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »
good luck to you.  hope you win big.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
That's awesome, good luck!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »
Good luck dude!
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
[]EST
[][]
L[][][]

PHRASE
RSTLNE

Hope you win big!
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:38:01 AM »
For those who aren't already aware, a Price is Right winner from 2010--whom you might remember missed his Showcase by a mile but still won because his opponent overbid by less than $200 on a Porsche
Was that not an overbid where Drew was far more fixated on "Oh man the overbid by so little on the Porsche." that congratulating you was a considerable afterthought?

Regardless, I truly hope you did well on Wheel. :-)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 12:46:35 AM »
Was that not an overbid where Drew was far more fixated on "Oh man the overbid by so little on the Porsche." that congratulating you was a considerable afterthought?

Unfortunately that's become far too common for Drew in 1 overbid situations where the overbid is close. Also for anyone interested the airdate for this TPIR was 1-20-2010. http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=13787.0
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
[]EST
[][]
L[][][]

PHRASE
RSTLNE

BEST
OF
LUCK

And I really do mean that, WooWho.  :-)

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
Good luck.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »
LOCKED. Personal reasons, approved by OP.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!