Author Topic: Recent Site Suspension  (Read 22913 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Recent Site Suspension
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:14:11 PM »
Apologies for the recent suspension of service.  As I have told some of you, I filter as many personal bills as I can to my Chase Southwest Visa in the interest of taking a free flight or two each year.  This Visa number was swapped out twice in the past few months, once because of a breach at Schnucks (local St. Louis area grocer), and more recently because of a highly publicized breach at Target. I failed to change my card on record with our hosting company, hence the suspension.  Undoing the suspension proved to be quite a hassle, but I had some great help and we got it done.  Bill paid!

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Recent Site Suspension
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:07 PM »
We thank you so much marc.  You do a superb job of keeping this site running and sometimes those things happen.   

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 12:53:00 AM »
Crap like this is bound to happen sometimes Marc. I know exactly how it feels to have a situation come your way (although most situations that happen to me are unlike this site's suspension) and you want to be assured you have control of the situation at hand, and the situation ends up falling apart right in front of your eyes.

I also thank you & clock game John for making this site the ultimate site for EVERYTHING PRICE IS RIGHT! Glad to be part of this great site.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:07:21 AM »
The only thing that matters is that you got the site under control. Thanks very much for all you did for the site and us avid Price fans.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
Thanks to Marc for his efforts in getting the site restored. Things do happen sometimes and the fact that a prompt effort was made to get us back up and running tells us everything we need to know. Here's hoping Golden Road.net will still be up and running to celebrate Bob's 100th birthday in 2023. This is definitely the best Price is Right site on the internet today.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 01:18:33 AM »
Marc, what you and John have provided for us die hard Price is Right fans is truly astounding. Words cannot express my appreciation for what you guys have done!

Also, I noticed that the 11th anniversary of Golden-Road.net passed by quietly a couple of weeks ago. I won't start a new thread for it, but happy belated anniversary! Again, Marc, John, mods...you all do a fantastic job in keeping this place maintained, and I applaud you for that! I haven't been around these parts very long, and certainly not as long as I wish I had been, but I've already made plenty of memories here, and I know the future has only many more great memories to be made! Here's to the next 11 years, G-R.net! :-D
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker