Author Topic: Two-Screen Experience (6/4/14)  (Read 3715 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Two-Screen Experience (6/4/14)
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Posted by the official YouTube channel. For whatever reason, it is present twice with a rather long "break" in-between.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2It7DZWc4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2It7DZWc4</a>
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:08:01 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Two-Screen Experience (6/4/14)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
For whatever reason, it is present twice with a rather long "break" in-between.

The second one is for the West Coast.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • 18-29 and female? Target demographic GET!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »
From this, we got actually a few answers about things, as Adam Sandler was in the chat for the show, answering various questions throughout both shows. This is also why it is so long, as well, as the video consists of all three of the 11AM Eastern airing, the hour break in between, and then the Pacific time airing. Can't forget the boring middle, right, Vader? :P

Pay the Rent AND Double Cross are confirmed to be Sandler's creations. Rent I feel we were more sure on, but not absolutely so, Cross was anybody's guess around these parts. Sadly, various folks, myself included, asked a few times on who creates the lineups, to no response. I actually don't think this is Adam's job, but was curious on confirmation on such.
“Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Chris Bradford, The Way of the Sword

---

“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Looking Forward

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Vive Froomey!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
I was across the border with my family for the afternoon, so I missed today's show.  I watched the second-screen footage when I came home and was very impressed, it was interesting to see how they kept the show going during the commercial breaks and whatnot
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life /2011 CSS bronze medalist/Blitz Club

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »
I can tell that stage manager Doug Quick just hated having a camera with him behind the doors. (grin)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Limit 2 per household.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 10:39:27 AM »
Several things bothered me in relation to this:
-During the behind-the-scenes footage in relation to the That's Too Much car reveal, one can clearly see the actual price.
-Thank you to Doug Quick for pretending that "Oh, the contestant may have won..." when we can hear where he stopped at and know what the actual price is.
-"They'll boo you in front of a national TV audience, so we don't want that." ...The audience still boos in that situation?
-...Why are they telling the Showcase contestants whether one of them has won? And why are the players being told that if they win, just go straight to their prizes?
-"After you make your first spin, Drew is gonna ask you whether you wanna say hi to somebody..." Even they know the host is seemingly incapable of changing what he says!
-After the Temptation player takes the sure thing, Drew responds with "Aw, man." ...Why?
-Just after the sixth One-Bid is won, Sandler (I believe) can be heard saying "[The contestant] went the wrong way." Yes, there are arrows pointing to the left, but the comment just seemed..."off", somehow.
-While the briefly-stuck monitor from Make Your Move was not reshot, the late-acting Costa Rica trip monitor of Flip Flop was.
-The post-show interviews with the Showcase players spoiled the outcome. And Drew could barely be bothered to show emotion when revealing the winner...?

At the very least, this indicates that Price is well-run and audiences are kept entertained.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »
-"After you make your first spin, Drew is gonna ask you whether you wanna say hi to somebody..." Even they know the host is seemingly incapable of changing what he says!

This has been the norm since sometime during Season 36, he's not going to all of a sudden drop it. In fact, when I was in line, I remember a number of people saying they have to give a shout out to this person or to that person if they make it on the show. The contestants are told this so they can think for a few seconds about who they are going to say hi to. Sure, the people may be insignificant to the majority of the audience, but it was cool being able to say hi to specific people you know.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »
I can tell that stage manager Doug Quick just hated having a camera with him behind the doors. (grin)

The man obviously loves his job :) He was the highlight of the whole thing.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »
This has been the norm since sometime during Season 36, he's not going to all of a sudden drop it.
I am well aware of that, sir.

The contestants are told this so they can think for a few seconds about who they are going to say hi to. Sure, the people may be insignificant to the majority of the audience, but it was cool being able to say hi to specific people you know.
Players were always able to do that. Prior to Drew (and as seen here, the show) making it mandatory, the fun was that "saying hello to friends and family" was not something that every single contestant did or was asked to do, which made those who did that much more unique.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:53:37 PM by GuyWithFace »

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
Players were always able to do that. Prior to Drew (and as seen here, the show) making it mandatory, the fun was that "saying hello to friends and family" was not something that every single contestant did or was asked to do, which made those who did that much more unique.

It is not mandatory, the fact that he says "Do you want to" implies there is a choice. If they don't want to they don't have to.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »
Video's been made private :cry:
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
Yeah, anybody know why?