Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 33879 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • An Actual Sweep Total
Re: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »
Including Family Feud, if you ever saw the Anderson years.

I didn't mind Louie Anderson IMO. I thought he was alright.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline tpir04

• In the Audience
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
It's more than Match Game...it's Match Game 2! The host is annoyingly flamboyant, the set is just too cramped, and there are only five celebrities instead of six!
I walk into Barker's Bargain Bar to find some deals. I notice the men's department and encounter some Temptation. I go over and look at some t-shirts trying to figure out which one is 1/2 Off. One shirt has Five Price Tags on it for some reason so I must go to the price scanner to find out which is the One Right Price. Next I go over to the slacks and see a sign, "2 for the Price of 1." I figure the Clearance Sale price is around $40 each. Seeing that it's a good deal, I Take Two. Time is running short, so I hurry over to the shoes department to see if I can Pick a Pair for my meeting tomorrow. I find the perfect shoes, hurry back to the Check-Out and hand the clothes to the clerk so she can ring them up. She tells me the Actual Retail Price for all the items, and I discover...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Have a nice day.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »
Louie nearly ruined the Feud. He was so bored and depressed it was pathetic. MadTV even made sketches about it.

Tribond is the only one of the three which was watchable, even though Graham Elwood was not good. Charlene Tilton is one of the worst hosts I have ever seen. Dare I say it Patrick Wayne looks like Bob Barker compared to her.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2018, 03:16:10 AM »
Louie nearly ruined the Feud. He was so bored and depressed it was pathetic. MadTV even made sketches about it.
Hell, even disregarding Louie altogether for a moment, that era still sucked because of the inane "most points after round 4 wins" format. If one team was too far ahead, the game could end immediately following the single strike in round 4 (itself a mistake) if there weren't enough points on the board for the trailing team to win following the steal.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
Louie wasn't bad on Feud his very early episodes he was a little awkward. Atleast Louie version had an proper into family intros and good Game Play and a Theme! Today everyone wants to say something sexual or crazy to get an reaction from Steve Harvey and to be on youtube.

MG2 The set looks like its from a public access talk show. I never heard of the panelist no name plates for them? Having the celebrities answer before the contestants took the fun and banter away. The forced fun made the show look extra cheesy.

CS pilot. I watched the first segment i am glad they kept the toss up questions and the format sucked as well. The women announcing the into voice was annoying. Why doesn't the host turn the cards?

Tribond i could really get into its a decent show. Graham is a good host when he tones it down i always pictured him a better Late Night host then Game show host.