Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 164705 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
I have just taken the initiative and started the non-Price related version here.  Wink's Facebook challenge has been met and now here is a FULL and RARE episode of Gambit outside of the one that has been traded for years!!  Enjoy!!

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
Judging by that car description, this was from late 1975 or 1976. Either way, the show had less than a year left. It's a shame, the morning lineup of Joker's Wild/Price/Gambit is one of the greatest ever, even though it was short lived.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Judging by that car description, this was from late 1975 or 1976. Either way, the show had less than a year left. It's a shame, the morning lineup of Joker's Wild/Price/Gambit is one of the greatest ever, even though it was short lived.
From July 1976 or later, from the Muhammad Ali question.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
OK, I have to watch this episode before I put together the FPG picks. :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
Now, we'll all just sit and wait for whatever rarity shows up next.
What do any of you hope it'll be?

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner

I don't know if he'd be allowed, but I'd love to see either Wheel of Fortune from its first year (1975), or the syndicated "Jeopardy" from 1975 -- maybe even if there's the episode where a certain host played as a celebrity a decade before he'd become synonymous with the show.

Brian

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
The question about Muhummad Ali's confrontation with a wrestler may refer to either his infamous encounter with the WWF's Gorilla Monsoon, which aired in June 1976; or his wrestler vs. boxer match against Antonio Inoki later that month.

Brian

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
The question about Muhummad Ali's confrontation with a wrestler may refer to either his infamous encounter with the WWF's Gorilla Monsoon, which aired in June 1976; or his wrestler vs. boxer match against Antonio Inoki later that month.

Brian
I'm thinking they were more likely referencing the Inoki match, since the question asked for the result of that match (a win for Ali, a loss for Ali, or a draw)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus

For every 500 subscribers to Wink's Youtube channel, he will post a FULL episode of Jack Narz's Concentration.  Right now, it is 82 subscribers away from the next one.  If you haven't subscribed to his You Tube channel, please go and do so!!

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
From July 1976 or later, from the Muhammad Ali question.
Later than July 1976.  There was a question about the next Summer Olympics, in 1980.  Wiki says the 1976 Montreal Games ended on August 1, 1976.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road

and now a SIZZLE for the pilot Jamie was hosting when GS hosts week on Scrabble came around

Fixed Youtube link. Make sure the "s" is removed from the "https://" when posting it, or it'll break.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:05:39 PM by cu2010 »

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Wink's You Tube challenge has been met again!!  So later today we will get another RARE episode of Jack Narz's version of Concentration!!  In case you haven't seen the episode posted before, I will post it here.  I will put the new episode later on when he releases it.  Now to get the next episode, Wink has to get up to 2,000 subscribers.  So, if you have not subscribed to Wink's You Tube channel please go and do so!!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
In the words of Adam Wade, host of the 1975 Musical Chairs, "and give ourselves a round of applause!" :-D As per the usual, I suggest telling everyone you know who has a YouTube and/or Facebook account that if they wish to see more, subscribe and like...but not to make multiple accounts for either purpose, as was proven to be the case with the Dennis James clip goal of 2,100 Facebook Likes.

I shall be quite amused if the upcoming episode, #1541 (taped December 2, 1977), is the Linda vs. Randy match (with a copyright date of MCMLXXVIII, I should note) that has been around for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:11:10 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Apologies for the double-post, but something I just noticed...

This was the photo uploaded by Wink when he announced the "1,500 YouTube subscribers" challenge, with a slate shot clearly indicating this is #1541 (taped 12/2/77):

This is the slate shot used when it was announced that they were only eleven YouTube subscribers away, with a slate shot clearly reading #1534 (also taped 12/2/77):

Perhaps oddest of all, as of yet there is no mention of the discrepancy by Wink or any of the comments on either picture. Hm.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:41:26 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner