Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 164701 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
And you'll definitely recognize one of the contestants...

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Watching that makes me want to see Jim Perry host the syndicated Price in 1994.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mark

• In Contestant's Row
And you'll definitely recognize one of the contestants...
This proves he can't be stopped :-D

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm surprised Jim was still working. I thought he retired after SOTC ended.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
According to Michael Burger on Wink's page, this had all but sold.  NBC made a last minute decision to not take it and told them that they were fazing themselves away from daytime game shows.

I'm not sure that's the case since this pilot is from 1985, and NBC still had Classic Concentration and Win, Lose or Draw ahead of themselves. It could have been held for a few years like Scrabble '90 was though. Is a shame since its a nice combo of Newlywed Game, Body Language's puzzle, and what would become SoTC's final bonus round unfortunately. If time was running out if each episode was self-contained, they could have easily had a speedup where each word is revealed one at a time. 1986 only had four NBC game shows on their daytime schedule after Your Number's Up was cancelled (Scrabble, SOTC, Wheel, Super Password), while 1987-early 1989 had six or even seven during I'm Telling's Run)! There was definitely room, and I'm sorry that Matchmates didn't get hooked up by the network.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
I don't know which lottery they were aiming for with Cash Tornado. California already had The Big Spin, and I don't know if either of the multi-state games were in operation then.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Here's the sizzle reel from a 1994 lottery show pilot called Cash Tornado.  You'll recognize a lot of aspects of this one!

Even though this pilot didn't sell, it was a good thing that the general format didn't go to waste, as "Illinois' Instant Riches" hit the air a couple of years later and became successful.

And WOO!  :clipboard:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Even though this pilot didn't sell, it was a good thing that the general format didn't go to waste, as "Illinois' Instant Riches" hit the air a couple of years months later and became successful.

And WOO!  :clipboard:
FTFY

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
FTFY

Wow, I forgot that "Illinois' Instant Riches" was that old.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Here's the sizzle reel from a 1994 lottery show pilot called Cash Tornado.  You'll recognize a lot of aspects of this one!

Seeing that makes me wonder what could have been. Jim on that set, with those music pieces and the idea of it... something about it all just feels right.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline SuperMatch93

Not only did Illinois Instant Riches premiere shortly after this pilot, but Force Field was one of the games! I fondly remember watching both IIR and its successor, Illinois' Luckiest, when I was young.

Also, with a name like Cash Tornado, you'd think there would be a game with a cash cube blowing around money!

Offline AussieEvil

• Not Hurt By Pain™
Also, with a name like Cash Tornado, you'd think there would be a game with a cash cube blowing around money!

Yeah, I was waiting for a version of Whirl Win too.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I wonder how many pilots were done on other game show sets? I would love to see how Jim would of handled The price is right he does look right on the set.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
This isn't from Wink's channel. But he did post it on his Facebook page, and it's hilarious!

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

I wonder how many pilots were done on other game show sets? I would love to see how Jim would of handled The price is right he does look right on the set.
if I remember right the Brady LMAD pilot was in the TPIR set