Author Topic: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right! [Episode 6]  (Read 21892 times)

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right! [Episode 6] - PG6
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
Just totally to satisfy my curiosity, what's significant about the check number, 7298? I like wondering at small details like that!

That's my "call number." George Lucas' call number is 1138 (which he uses everywhere), mine is 7298 and has been since 2007.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »
Ok, he has written the check for $1,876, so let's put it up here.

Now what is the price of the trip?

$5,268

For a total of...

$7,144, you win!!

Congratulations! You'll be on your way to Spain soon, and here is your check for $1,876.

Spend it wisely.

Showcase Showdown #2 after this message!

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right! [Episode 6] - SCSD2
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
I'm headed to class, so go ahead and put your numbers in for the SCSD.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:29:02 PM by William »

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
My numbers are 8 and 12. I'll stop on whatever beats the leader. If I get the dollar, my number is 10.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »
I'll try 2 and 7. My stopping point is 70.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Online wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »
My numbers are 20 and 9. I'll stop at 60.

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:58 AM »
I'm sorry guys, I've had a lot of homework to do and I'm also in the process of getting a new job. I will be able to post either tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks for waiting!

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
Randy: Contestants now appearing on stage will receive a supply of Coppertone SPF 100 sunblock for the Summer time and a gift certificate to any Longhorn Steakhouse. And now here's Austin Higgins with our Showcase Showdown!

Austin: Thank you, Randy. I have Wpghi5 with $2,200; I have Htmlcc with $8,143; and I have Cornelius with $46,565. Each of can win as much as $55,000 on that Wheel!

Spin it, Wpghi5.

Hey, that dollar's coming around, it's going to try, but I think it's too slow. A nickel. I'm sure you want to spin again.

In your second spin, you get... maybe 95, maybe! Nope, 55. 60 total.

Come on Htmlcc!

He's trying to beat 60 and he didn't do it with one spin. 20, spin again.

And to that 20 we will add... 65. 85 is a good score!

Here goes Cornelius!

Cornelius, it looks like you'll have to spin again. 40. Get that 60!

Cornelius, you're trying to beat 85 and you... did! By a nickel. 50, and 90 total.

The Showcases are next!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2014, 04:05:35 PM »
So close!

Good luck in the showcase, Cornelius!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right! [Episode 6] - SHOWCASES
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
Thanks for being patient, guys! I've had a lot going on these past few days. Right now, my grandpa is having an operation and I'm at the hospital as we speak (it's a simple one, don't worry). Anyway, let's get on with the Showcases!

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ______________

Cornelius is the top winner in the Showcase today, and Schfifty is the runner-up! Remember, if you are the winner and are less than $500 away from the retail price of your own Showcase, you'll win both Showcases!

Here is Showcase #1...

Randy: This Showcase begins with Kentucky Fried Chicken...

One bucket of the Colonel's famous, finger-lickin' good chicken every week for a year! And you can cook some great side dishes to go with that dinner in your kitchen...

On this new Range! General Electric's free-standing 30" gas range features stainless steel cooktop for easy cleaning, self-cleaning oven, and precise simmer burner so delicate foods don't burn.

And another way to eat chicken is with sweet and sour sauce which is how you'll eat it on your trip to China!

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach via American Airlines from Los Angeles to Hong Kong, China for a six-night stay at the Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel.

Located right on the bay, this beautiful is located near the park and museum districts of Hong Kong. You've never had as good of
Chinese food until you've visited China yourself!

And here is how you'll get to the airport...

In your new car!

It's the Mazda 3, 4-door sedan. Comes with 6-speed manual transmission and all of the other standard equipment that makes up the Mazda 3!

And this Showcase can be yours if The Price is Right.

Austin: Cornelius, that looks like a fun Showcase! Do you want to bid or pass?

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
The first showcase looks interesting, but since I've already won a car, I'm gonna pass this showcase.

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2014, 07:19:23 PM »
Alright. Schfifty, I'd like your bid on this Showcase.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
I could swear your inspiration for this showcase came from Drew Carey. :P

Before I bid, however...

It's the Mazda 3, 4-door sedan. Comes with 6-speed manual transmission and all of the other standard equipment that makes up the Mazda 3!

What do you mean by "all of the other standard equipment?" Can you be more specific on that?
I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.  Johnny Depp

My favorite pricing games: Switcheroo, Card Game, Hit Me, Dice Game, Cover Up, Bullseye ('76), Magic #, Pathfinder, Let 'em Roll, Secret X, Clock Game, and Line 'em Up.

Correctly predicted games in FPG: Stack the Deck, Lucky $even (3), Switch? (2), Punch-a-Bunch, Plinko (4), Bullseye, Freeze Frame, Balance Game (2), Danger Price, Cover Up (5), Double Cross (3), Pass the Buck, It's in the Bag (2), Swap Meet, Rat Race (2), Bargain Game, Grand Game (2), Dice Game, 1 Right Price (2), Double Prices, Squeeze Play, Card Game, Gas Money, Coming or Going (3), That's Too Much! (2), 3 Strikes, Pocket Change, More or Less, Race Game, Off, Cliff Hangers, Flip Flop, Clock Game, Push Over, Pick-a-Pair, Side By Side, Pathfinder, Pay the Rent

Online William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
Randy, could you elaborate a bit about the car?

Randy: It's literally just the base model with no options and manual transmission.

Austin: Ok, I hope that helps.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »
Alright.

I will bid...$22,524.
I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.  Johnny Depp

My favorite pricing games: Switcheroo, Card Game, Hit Me, Dice Game, Cover Up, Bullseye ('76), Magic #, Pathfinder, Let 'em Roll, Secret X, Clock Game, and Line 'em Up.

Correctly predicted games in FPG: Stack the Deck, Lucky $even (3), Switch? (2), Punch-a-Bunch, Plinko (4), Bullseye, Freeze Frame, Balance Game (2), Danger Price, Cover Up (5), Double Cross (3), Pass the Buck, It's in the Bag (2), Swap Meet, Rat Race (2), Bargain Game, Grand Game (2), Dice Game, 1 Right Price (2), Double Prices, Squeeze Play, Card Game, Gas Money, Coming or Going (3), That's Too Much! (2), 3 Strikes, Pocket Change, More or Less, Race Game, Off, Cliff Hangers, Flip Flop, Clock Game, Push Over, Pick-a-Pair, Side By Side, Pathfinder, Pay the Rent