Author Topic: July 28th and 29th Price Tapings  (Read 2048 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
July 28th and 29th Price Tapings
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Three weeks before my mom passed away, I made a promise to her that I'd go back to the Price is Right and hopefully get myself picked as a contestant.  I got tickets for the show today; I'll be going the 8:00 AM show on July 28th and the 12:00 PM show on July 29th. :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Se1200

• In the Audience
Re: July 28th and 29th Price Tapings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
Wow I wish I could attend a price is right taping in the future

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure that she'd be proud of you going back to Price........And also, I really do hope you do get to be a contestant.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
OK, my LA visit is booked and ready to go.  I'll be staying at the Beverly Inn from 7/27-8/1 with July 28th and 29th being my two taping days.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline larzb

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:28:19 PM »
Good luck.

One hint, act excited when they do the interview.  If you are sad telling this story, you will diminish your chances of being picked.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »
One hint, act excited when they do the interview.  If you are sad telling this story, you will diminish your chances of being picked.

I agree.  Instead of presenting this as a kind of "deathbed request," talk it up like you're looking forward to being there and honoring your mother by being in the audience and hopefully being selected as a contestant.
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007