Author Topic: July 28th and 29th Price Tapings  (Read 16766 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
July 28th and 29th Price Tapings
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »
Three weeks before my mom passed away, I made a promise to her that I'd go back to the Price is Right and hopefully get myself picked as a contestant.  I got tickets for the show today; I'll be going the 8:00 AM show on July 28th and the 12:00 PM show on July 29th. :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Se1200

• In the Audience
Re: July 28th and 29th Price Tapings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
Wow I wish I could attend a price is right taping in the future

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:16:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure that she'd be proud of you going back to Price........And also, I really do hope you do get to be a contestant.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
OK, my LA visit is booked and ready to go.  I'll be staying at the Beverly Inn from 7/27-8/1 with July 28th and 29th being my two taping days.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline larzb

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Good luck.

One hint, act excited when they do the interview.  If you are sad telling this story, you will diminish your chances of being picked.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
One hint, act excited when they do the interview.  If you are sad telling this story, you will diminish your chances of being picked.

I agree.  Instead of presenting this as a kind of "deathbed request," talk it up like you're looking forward to being there and honoring your mother by being in the audience and hopefully being selected as a contestant.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.