Author Topic: 2014 NFL season  (Read 171097 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2014 NFL season
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
I'd forgotten the Eagles got Sproles. That's a great addition to any team and his versatility will make Foles even better. The NFC West is the toughest division. The funny thing about it is not so long ago this was the worst division and it felt as if it would stay that way forever. Now all 4 teams look great on paper. They all have great defenses. The Rams at at a disadvantage because they're easily the weakest at the quarterback position. But man have those intradivision games in the NFC West become fun! :)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
The general consensus among the odds sites is that Seattle will repeat as Super Bowl champs (anywhere from 6:1 to 13:2). Jacksonville is the consensus long shot.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
i think the circumstances here are little more cloudy than others. Ray Rice has never been in trouble with the league or the law. Up until this point his record was squeaky clean. Let's not forget that the court that actually matters (i.e. not the "public opinion" kind) felt that the case against him wasn't worth pursuing.
As somebody who has actually prosecuted a domestic violence case or two, these cases are next to impossible if you have an uncooperative victim, which many times spouses and significant others are, especially in cases where the suspect has a lot of money or influence or control over the victim.

Through a botched apology (where the wife, who shouldn't apologize for anything, did exactly that) and an apparently impassioned plea from his wife to the commissioner to spare his career. I think he deserves a second chance.

Again, money, influence, control.

you'd think the NFL would stamp harder to make it a point that this type of behavior won't be tolerated as long as you work for this league. I guess Roger Goodell had a different thought.

You know, if I recall, the Chiefs last year had a guy who killed his SO and then subsequently killed himself. There was a history of abuse prior to the murder-suicide. And it happened during the NFL season, with the suicide occurring on NFL property. You would think the league would take a harder stance towards this behavior, but they care more about their players (i.e. their money) getting hurt than innocent victims.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
You know, if I recall, the Chiefs last year had a guy who killed his SO and then subsequently killed himself. There was a history of abuse prior to the murder-suicide. And it happened during the NFL season, with the suicide occurring on NFL property. You would think the league would take a harder stance towards this behavior, but they care more about their players (i.e. their money) getting hurt than innocent victims.
That is exactly what I referenced in my post right before the quote you posted. His name was Jovan Belcher, and I couldn't agree with you more. This happened in 2012, which is not that long ago, and it was very public. The NFL had an opportunity to send a message here and they wasted it. A shame.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »

And with Ware gone the Cowboys defense will be even worse than last year and we know how awful it was last year. I have the Cowboys as a 4-12 team.

DeMarcus Lawrence went down in practice today and depending on the severity of the injury, this prediction may have actually just gained a bit of steam.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Hall of Fame inductions tomorrow. Class of 2014: Derrick Brooks, Aeneas Williams, Walter Jones, Andre Reed, and Michael Strahan.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
As well as Claude Humphrey and Ray Guy, the first punter ever inducted.

Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »
LET THE FOOTBALL COMMENCE!!!    Even though it is Preseason "Can't Wait!" 

For the HOF Game tomorrow night  Bills V Giants.

Go Pack Go!
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
The big day is finally here! The greatest sport ever invented by mankind returns to us with the Bills taking on the Giants at 5pm AZ time!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:13 PM »
Tonight at 5:25 p.m. AZ time a 30 yard field goal by the Bills Dan Carpenter became the 1st score of the season.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 08:38:48 PM »
The Giants O-Line is still the same as last year's.

Oy Vey!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »
At 5:40 p.m. AZ time a 3 yard touchdown run by the Giants Andre Williams became the 1st touchdown of the NFL season.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »
Per ESPN's Rob Demovsky, the Packers will induct Brett Favre into their Hall of Fame in 2015 and retire his No. 4.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:13 PM »
Giants win the HoF Game 17-13.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:58 PM »
Biggest takeaway from this game is that no one was injured. Other than that, can't really make too many conclusions off of a game like this. Though I will say Seantrel Henderson looked pretty darn good. I spent most of the game watching the rookies, particularly the rookie offensive linemen for Buffalo (Henderson, Kouandjio, Richardson).