Author Topic: Corneliuscarter's TPIR: Episode 2  (Read 23401 times)

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Corneliuscarter's TPIR: Episode 2 - PG6
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

Cornelius: It is time for the Showcase Showdown. You know the rules. Let's get to it.

Spinning Order:
SuperSweeper
Bandon23
htmlcc92

(Give me two numbers between 1 and 20, and the number you're willing to stop on.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
4 and 17, and I'll stop on .70 and above.

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »
Cornelius: Here's SuperSweeper. Poor kid had rotten luck while playing Lucky Seven. Maybe he can redeem himself on the wheel. And it's come to a stop on...

Cornelius: And he doesn't want to spin again. You lead with 75 cents. Come on Bandon23, it's your turn to spin.

Offline Bandon23

• Walking the Golden Road
  • HYO Contestant.
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »
9 and 20, stop at .70 or whatever I beat a leader.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Cornelius: Here's Bandon23. He played Flip Flop with ease. Can he beat 75 cents. Oh yes, he would.

Cornelius: And he's done. You lead, Bandon23, with 90 cents. Come on, htmlcc92. 90 cents is hard to beat, but that's why God makes 95 cents and dollars. Get to it.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
I'll try 2 and 11. And of course stop if I get 95 or 1.00.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »
Cornelius: Here we go. Who will go to the showcases? We're about to find out shortly. The wheel has gone around, and it is coming to a stop on...

Cornelius: Spin again, htmlcc92. You need between 45 and 55 to stay alive in this. Will it be Bandon23? Will it be htmlcc92? And it's over for htmlcc92.

Cornelius: I'm sorry, htmlcc92, but do enjoy the trips that you won. (cue: You, Bandon23, are going to be in the Showcases following this announcement!

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
Cornelius: The top winner in our Showcase today is Bandon23! And ShatterMySoul99 is the runner. Now, remember, if you're the winner, and you're 250 or less away from the actual retail of your showcase, we will give you both showcases! In addition, if you're less than $100 away, not only will you win both showcases, but we will give you...

$1 MILLION

(cue:
Cornelius: Now, this is Showcase no. 1.

(cue:
Jalin: This showcase consist of prizes revealed as we help you do some spring cleaning. And you can't do any cleaning with a vacuum cleaner.

Jalin: The Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Vacuum. From hard floors to carpets, this vacuum cleans on & on with Radial Root Cyclone™ Technology that takes out more dirt, dust & allergens from the often-missed corners & crevices of your home. And you might want to clean up some space for your new living room.

Jalin: The Martha Leather 5-piece Modular Sectional Classic, elegant and versatile, the Martha Beige Leather Modular Sectional will bring versatility and amazing comfort into the center of your home. Featuring hand-tufted patterns on both the seat & back cushions, this stunning collection is upholstered on all seating areas and armrest in a thick, beige colored leather that is soft to the touch and luxurious in feel. And after you finish cleaning your new living room, you can move on to make some space for a new kitchen,

Jalin: From Ikea, we have a lovely set of appliances for your new kitchen. Including a FRAMTID Slide-in range with gas cooktop, Stainless steel, DÅTID Refrigerator/freezer, Stainless steel, and RENLIG Integrated dishwasher. And after all that cleaning, you can relax in a new hot tub.

Jalin: The Athens 6-Person 144-Jet Spa Ultra Wave Lounge HydroMax Seat Free Energy Saver Package in Storm Cloud. The Athens is a 6 person hot tub that features a stretch lounger, 2 contoured bucket seats, 3 bench seats and an extra-large foot well with a multi-jet foot massage dome. The Ultra Wave Lounge boasts 52 jets, which move up your body one to two rows at a time, programmed with 7 wave patterns at 3 speed levels. And this showcase, as we help you do some spring cleaning, can be yours if the price is right.

Cornelius: Bandon23, do you wish to bid, or pass it to ShatterMySoul99?

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2014, 04:09:30 PM »
Let's go with $20,550
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2014, 06:58:23 PM »
Cornelius: Bandon23 bids...

$20,550

Cornelius: Now, ShatterMySoul99, this is your showcase.

(cue:
Jalin: Your showcase begins will a wonderful collection of cars.

Jalin: Add some racing fun to your boy's Hot Wheels collection with this colorful Hot Wheels Cars Pack. Features of this Hot Wheels Pack include nine die-cast vehicles with exclusive decorations and a mix of cars and trucks. And we have another wonderful collection of cars.

Jalin: Your little one will have a blast cruising the Maisto Adventure Wheels mini vehicles all around the house. Set includes ten land, air and sea vehicles in various colors. Each has a die-cast metal body with plastic parts. And finally, we have a wonderful set of cars. But these aren't toy cars, no. It's two new cars!

(cue:

Jalin: First off, The 2014 Nissan Juke is one high fashion vehicle that is designed to turn heads around anywhere it goes. A crossover plus hatchback, the 2014 Nissan Juke is one unconventionally styled ride that also offers an equally exciting driving experience.

Jalin: Second, The Kia Soul Hatchback. Easy on the eyes as well as the pocketbook. Both cars come with standard equipment.

Jalin: And this showcase, which consists of cars, can be yours if the price is right.

Cornelius: ShatterMySoul99, what do you bid?

Offline ShatterMySoul99

Re: Corneliuscarter's TPIR: Episode 2 - SCSD2
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2014, 01:56:30 AM »
I'm going to say $34,420 please.

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:51 AM »
(Cue:
$34,420

Cornelius: ...for ShatterMySoul99.

$20,550

Cornelius: ...for Bandon23. This for you.

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »
Cornelius: And I will begin with ShatterMySoul99. You bid $34,420. The actual retail price of your showcase is... Oh man. $34,339 (Buzz)

ShatterMySoul99
OVER

Cornelius: I don't like where this is going. Bandon23, if you don't go over. You are the winner. You bid $20,550 on your showcase. The actual retail price of your showcase is... What?! $20,549! (Buzz)

Bandon23
OVER

(cue:
Double Overbid

Cornelius: And it's the dreaded Double Overbid. This just hasn't been our day, but both of you have won some wonderful prizes, and we do hope you had some fun on the show.

(cue:
Cornelius: You know, heartbreaks like these makes it hard to do this show, but we'll do better next time. Cornelius Carter, reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured! Good night everyone!

Jalin: This is Jalin Brown, speaking for The Price is Right!

Jalin: A Fremantle Media Production.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Not exactly "Left Field" avatars.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Corneliuscarter's TPIR: Episode 2
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2014, 10:42:09 AM »
Bandon, I'm curious if you were shooting for a DSW with an easier showcase. That's something I'd be tempted to try.

Also, over by $81 and $1? You cannot be serious...
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
Re: Corneliuscarter's TPIR: Episode 2
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2014, 03:22:34 PM »
Painful, over by $1, I'm almost became that yellow guy in the 2008 show when he gets difference of $0, i hope that was a tough call.