Author Topic: My TPiR Pilgrimage Report 2014  (Read 20738 times)

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: My TPiR Pilgrimage Report 2014
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »
I think he means that they should retrofit an LED display into the register, like they did with Bonus Game. While it might look cool, it seems like a lot of expense and work for minimal benefit. 

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »
I think he means that they should retrofit an LED display into the register, like they did with Bonus Game. While it might look cool, it seems like a lot of expense and work for minimal benefit.

Also like Bonus Game. :)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »
Is it possible to drop the cutsey "I know something you don't" and inane/useless clues?

Either come out and say it or drop it.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »
I doubt that Mr. Gillmen shall say anything. I had asked him via PM on July 30 for the information with the promise that it shall not go past me, to no response.

His initial post on the matter namedrops "Sally", which along with a remark by Mr. Tynan suggests Clock Game. The only other game that has been shown in these pictures, to my knowledge, is More or Less.*

If the answer has already been revealed in or to the public, regardless of whether it has been removed by the show or other sources, point directly to it. Exceedingly vague "clues" are for the starting points on You Deserve It, not Golden-Road.

(Please note that this post should not be responded to with something akin to "Well, if you cannot get the hint, then I shall say no more and you shall not even get the vague clues I was dropping."

Please further note that if you quote the sentence above which contains an asterisk, do not respond with something akin to "It is one of these two." as that does not point directly to the answer.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:41:14 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
I doubt that Mr. Gillmen shall say anything. I had asked him via PM on July 30 for the information with the promise that it shall not go past me, to no response.
Perhaps I should clarify, and this may help: when I asked Mr. Gillmen, I promised that it shall not go past me "until such time as the show itself opts to reveal it." The fact he did not respond suggests that the show had already revealed it.

Further, while Mr. Gillmen noted a "new look", I should note that a game can be retooled without altering how it appears or acts. In addition...

Now...until the official Price Twitter or Instagram handles post the pics of said retooled game [...] all I'm gonna say [...] is that Sally and a few purists will be disappointed by the change, but I LOVED the new look. That is all.
And yet you did not point out when they did, even though you later noted that yes, the Instagram had indeed hinted at it. Further, I would hope that being disappointed shall not also be in the vein of the person who posted "At this taping, I saw something that has never happened before on The Price Is Right!", which turned out to be "someone in Contestant's Row fell ill and was replaced, all during a standard commercial break" and was never truly worth the secrecy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:06:20 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Is it possible to drop the cutsey "I know something you don't" and inane/useless clues?

Either come out and say it or drop it.
I'm surprised someone whose been around as long as you would call the clue insane or cutesy.

Sally only refers to one person here on this site. ClockGameJohn.

If Bully specifically says that ClockGameJohn would be disappointed in the changed game, I don't know how much larger of an arrow he can draw.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Well, as I said earlier in another topic, we haven't seen much of Clock Game this season...........So I wouldn't be too surprised if it comes back with a new look.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:46 AM »
Except if it is Clock Game, why would they go to the trouble of dragging out the "old" prop for the background of one pic, just to misdirect and fuel speculation among a select few group of die-heads...who are likely the only people who really care about such things?

I repeat my earlier statement...a lot of work for minimal effort. And if the people who do know can't even be bothered to put the answer behind spoiler tags at least, then I think I'm just gonna excuse myself from this thread until premiere week to save some frustration.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
Except if it is Clock Game, why would they go to the trouble of dragging out the "old" prop for the background of one pic, just to misdirect and fuel speculation among a select few group of die-heads...who are likely the only people who really care about such things?
I know the show reads this board, but I hardly think the intent behind the picture was to misdirect, and I don't know why some think this. The picture was an innocent one between Rachel and Manuela that happened to have Clock Game in the picture and was posted by Rachel. My guess as to why it was there in that picture is that they were filming a clip for a promo of premiere week. Could be right, could be wrong, but it might explain its appearance on the wrong side of the turntable.

And if the people who do know can't even be bothered to put the answer behind spoiler tags at least, then I think I'm just gonna excuse myself from this thread until premiere week to save some frustration.
What spoiler tags? There is no such option available on this site. The only options are shrinking the text to a 2pt font or counting the posts so that you can color it beige or white and let it blend into the background.

I thought Bully's hint was a fun little way to nudge long-time members of the community in the direction of an answer.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2014, 06:04:21 AM »
If Bully specifically says that ClockGameJohn would be disappointed in the changed game, I don't know how much larger of an arrow he can draw.

To be fair, Bully never mentioned the name Sally, I did.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "die-heads".  I love that term for some of us. 

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 06:31:41 AM »

Maybe they had both props for rehersal (the new one on the turntable) just in case the new one didn't work, since it was the first time it was being used?

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
To be fair, Bully never mentioned the name Sally, I did.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "die-heads".  I love that term for some of us.

No NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not that one!
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »

No, Bully did as well.

...is that Sally and a few purists will be disappointed by the change, but I LOVED the new look.  That is all. :mrgreen:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2014, 02:17:04 AM »
No, Bully did as well.

Stand corrected.  Oh well.