Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/19/2007  (Read 11834 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/19/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
Credit Card: For a moment, I thought this would be one of those times where a prize on the top would work for once, like the guitar/bass. Not today.

Pocket ¢hange: Under a dollar seems like a win. I was hoping for a high card. Upon those dimes, I had a feeling there might be a case of hard luck. Not today, again.

Cliff Hangers: I was a little off on the disco ball. Other than that, I would've played well. I couldn't remember if the coffee maker was 30 or 40; so I went with 35.

Switch: At first, I thought the golf clubs would be the higher price. Who would pay more for a kitchen island. Oh, that island has more features. Wrong again today.

One Bid 5: I can understand those clocks being small and all, but I think somebody would pay more than $100 for them. "Isn't there usually a $500 minimum here?" Most, but not all the time. I would have said 501 on this one.

Stack the Deck: I thought Trudy made a bad choice by picking the first number, because it couldn't be anything other than 1. I can hear the audience groan on this one. I wanted to make sure she said 'third' and not 'first'. I would have made the second number 4. I thought she blew it, starting with the third pick. I am having a bad turnout today.

Range Game: So I guess they can start the range finder up again if a mistake is made, but they just won't do it for the contestant. (I know how the game works; just putting too much thought in what Bob said.) I thought Amanda was so nervous she was going to blow the Perfect Show.

Showcases: For some reason, Eugene's 60000 bid just made me think he would be over by a few thousand. But depending on the price of the Corvette, anything can happen. I can understand his cheering a little. I probably would do that if I found out I did not overbid on a Showcase like that.

Okay. I have not played well and have been doubtful on most of these games today. But having another Perfect Show and not even expecting it was just surprising for me. I did not rate Excellent only because it was a Perfect Show, but these contestants played their games well enough to win. I would say that Eugene was the best contestant of the day for his energetic character. I suppose there will be times where the contestants can play the games better than a LFaT watching it on TV.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6658

Showcase #1
Aegean Ladybug Sleepwear - $560
Anytime you see Aegean sleepwear in a showcase, it's automatic bedroom in that showcase.  This Broyhill Northern lights bedroom and comfortaire GS700 is worth $5,674.
2 Kawasaki STX12Fs - $17,810

This Shane Stirling Semi-Memorial Super Expensive Showcase is Roarin'
10 Humor Books - $176.68, but we round that up to $177.
13d African Photo Safari - $17,000
Chevrolet Corvette - $54,735

Modeling Report Card for February 19, 2007, President's Day

And Rachel's got a roarin' modeling total!  $77,571!  Can Shane break that tomorrow?

If you missed today's show, then you missed out on 26 prizes and one grocery worth $162,061.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »
Credit: Eugene was a BLAST!! His personality was just perfect and his great playing gives him COTD honors.

Pocket: The last envelope gave us a dramatic moment and the ending was spectacular.

Cliff: That Disco ball was tricky. Nice win.

Switch?: I actually thought Louann made a mistake by changing her mind, I was wrong. :oops:

STD: Well, Trudy's playing may have not been the best. But she gave her best and it worked.

Range: No pressure, Amanda. IT'S GOOD!! WE HAVE A PERFECTO!!! :-D

Showcases: I knew that Corvette showcase was indeed a big one. I bidded $69,000. I really was pulling for him to win it all.

Perfect Show #2!! A 4.75 week-starter.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
Credit Card-Easy as usual.

Pocket Change-Goodness, I thought saying 5 for the 4th number was going to cost her the game, being as how she played that game really great to start.  But still, she came out with a win!

Cliff Hangers-Today's pattern didn't follow the usual near 20, near 30, near 40 (or similar pattern).  Today's was near 10, near 30, and near 40.  Well, it was still played really good.

Switch?-I would've said don't switch.  Good thing she changed her mind.

Stack the Deck-Wow, I thought for sure the last number was either 5 or 0 since both were out, but instead it was the 9!  Great job picking the last number, that really helped out!  That was weird that she picked the 1st number, it was definitely a 1.  Somehow, she picked the right middle number and won, though!

Range Game-YES!  PERFECT SHOW #2 FOR SEASON 35!!!  This was pretty crazy.  After seeing the Pocket Change win, I thought to myself "You know, this would be pretty cool if today is a perfect show, and Pocket Change was played on both episodes."  And it came true!  And I had no idea what the results were going to be.  I guess it was a preminition of what would come.

Showcases-Whoa, a Corvette!  But it was lost.  Too bad.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Well, Credit Card has a 1:1 win/loss ratio now this season.  It's great that Eugene won; I was afraid that he would pick the guitars and lose, as the audience was commending them, as it usually does to indicate what prizes should be picked.

Robyn played Pocket ¢hange pretty well, that was hard for the number choices for the third and fourth numbers-all of them were one away from each other.  It was exciting to see Bob reveal the needed quarter to secure a win.

Stack the Deck is a new game in the rotation, and I think this is one of its first "miracle wins".  Picking the first number was not the best move in the world, but Trudy managed to figure out the price.  I was afraid it would be $15,379 instead of $15,479.

We almost lost our perfect show if Amanda kept moving the rangefinder up some more, but she did not!

Wow, another CORVETTE!!  It's too bad that Eugene lost, as his bid was pretty reasonable for that showcase.  His reaction to losing the showcase was priceless.  He is a gracious loser though and congratulated Louann.

With that Corvette lost, I have a feeling that we're bound to see Golden Road or Triple Play pretty soon.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 12:09:41 PM »
It was very funny to see Trudy be so sure that she was going to win the fifth One Bid... and to know that, of course, she would.

Which made her playing of Stack the Deck all the more confusing to watch. Whatever wins you the car, I guess...
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline MrDeePay

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »
Geez.  Of all the days my family's satellite service has to be (temp) suspended and me not finding my antenna, it HAD to be yesterday.  Looks like I'll have to go on my search for this ep then, or at least know when/if it will re-air.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 11:57:52 PM »
Really great show! Awesome contestants, great wins. Eugene was great, and really happy. It was nice to see him win a fairly easy setup.

Great end to Pocket Change, and Robyn played it pretty well, except for a tiny mess-up on the fourth digit.

When Benjamin said $43 for the coffee maker, I knew he won. I thought that disco lamp would be a lot more than $11 too.

Thank goodness Louann changed her mind during Switch?. She could have cost us a perfect show. That was an easy decision.

Trudy was an awesome contestant, and what a miraculous win on Stack the Deck! First off, after she wanted the first digit for free, I thought we could have a loss on her hands. Then, when she picked $15,479 I thought she lost again, as I believed $14,579 was right. But was I wrong! Good for her.

Range Game was hard. I was afraid it would do us in like it did to Bessie a while back. Nice win, I would have stopped it at about the same area as her. $5562 stuck out in my head for some reason. And we have a perfect show!

What an expensive showcase! Have a safari and a corvette ever been offered in the same showcase before? Anyway, I knew Eugene's bid covered just the corvette alone.

Best Contestant- Eugene

Showcase #1- $24,498
Difference- OVER

Showcase #2- $73,000
Difference- OVER