Author Topic: Jim Perry  (Read 5227 times)

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
Jim Perry
« on: June 21, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  This is Hector.  How are things going with you?
A lot of us remembered Jim Perry as one who turned the cards with gusto! on Card Sharks.  We may have wondered what had happened to him since his last appearance on television many years ago.
I went to the Yahoo! Web site to try to find information on Jim Perry.  If I am not mistaken, I found it.  It is on this GeoCities Web page: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/1856/jimperry.htm.  But I would recommend that you copy this address and paste it into the Address Bar.
Well, now it's time to say goodbye to all of our company.  M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Offline Trebekistan

• Outside in Line
Re: Jim Perry
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
From Wikipedia:

Jim, now in his early-70s, is retired from the game show industry and lives with his wife June in Florida. In recent years he authored two self-awareness books, and appeared in a few infomercials. His last television appearance was on CNBC in the late-1990s to discuss one of his books.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 05:38:20 PM »
I always wondered what happened to Jim Perry.  I still am a huge fan of "Sale of the Century" (I grew up in the 80s and watched Sale religiously) and I like "Card Sharks" as well.  It's great to know he's still alive and well.

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:32:50 PM »
I'm with styleguy.  I'm surprised Perry has just disappeared for the most part.  He's one of my favorite game show hosts.  In my mind, as much commentary as he gave during the games he hosted, he would have made a great sportscaster as well.  Man, I'd love to meet Jim.  I'm sure he'd have some good stories to tell.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 11:54:07 PM »
I remember Jim from his Canadian TV work, such as Definition, Headline Hunters and emceeing the Miss Canada pageants. I have seen him on SOTC too. I felt he had a knack for adding a dramatic or suspenseful tone to things with his voice.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »
Yeah, he is missed in the game show industry.  He's an icon.