Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007  (Read 40757 times)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »
Like I posted yesterday, blast it I just had to be out of town and miss yet another gem of a show today.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM »
Nice to see a Golden Road win.  I picked six for the motorhome.  Apparantly, I was wrong.

Cody...well, I can't deny that some of what he did was a bit funny, but honestly, I'm still puzzled as to how he got picked as a contestant.  I'm trying to figure out if he was a more appropriate contestant for Deal or No Deal or Show Me the Money.  Nevertheless, he was certanily not the kind of contestant for The Price Is Right.

Martha, on the other hand, was a bit of fun; and provided one of Bob's best answers to a bypassing contestant's question of, "Where do I go?" :-)

There's just something stupidly hilarious of Bob referring to Double Prices as a complicated pricing game. :D

I liked how they used they dropped the chandelier in Any Number from the ceiling.  I did not like how pretty much everybody in the back rows of the audience felt the need to wave their hands.

I'm a bit surprised that Bob's mistake about Anthony being one of the first four contestants wasn't edited out, especially since it would have been pretty easy to cut out.

Travis, your "TPIR Fan Club" Showcase was fantastic.  I especially liked how the club's trip to the show was a "pilgrimage."

And speaking of the first Showcase, when did yesterday's show become a "classic episode"? :-P

Thank you, Bart, for not panning the ceiling and the audience during the credits today, as painful as it was to watch Cody's...celebration.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 05:31:32 PM »
Jordanar18 wrote:
I'm surprised Joe didn't even mention Martha!

I ..... FORGOT! Somehow, Cody's manic activity, and composing the second game result, put my brain into 'Park'.

Honestly, they gave us a pretty good contestant lineup today.

Nick said:
I did not like how pretty much everybody in the back rows of the audience felt the need to wave their hands.

I don't understand why people feel that need at any time during the show, period.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
I guess they want their "15minutes of fame" for being on national television waving at a camera that might not be shooting in the direction they are waving :roll:

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »
Is there anyway someone could youtube all of the highlights for today's show? I would like to see it. Thanks.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
Golden Road: Nice win! I think the producers wanted to make up for the big Showcase loss yesterday. I would have liked to have seen Devon kiss Bob again after winning, but, oh well.

Plinko: Cody ran up onto the turntable when he heard he was playing this game! Even though he didn't win much here, he defenitely didn't disappoint!

BBB: Pretty easy.

Double Prices: See BBB.

Any Number: Now we know how cheap F-150s are today.

Hi-Lo: See BBB and Double Prices.

Showcases: You wanted Cody to go wild here? You got it!

Overall: Great show today, largely due to the contestants! But for some reason, it wasn't quite as good as yesterday's.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »
I only caught the end of this show---

Any Number---I had a sinking feeling the other 1 was in the truck and I was right---Stacey fell victim to it.  Hey at least she did NOT win that damned piggy bank.  

Hi Lo---The Citracal and the Capsasin were gimmes.  It was either the space bag or the Glade that needed to be put on the hi row.  Peggy made the right choice in choosing the Space Bag for the hi row.

Showcases---Yet another contestant who overprices a showcase with a Ford Mustang....oh well.  Cody was pretty excited today---he was pretty animated---I like that. He hugged everybody, including Rich!

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
Hmm, I missed this ep, but it's good to hear someone win the golden road.

And a TPIR FAN CLUB seems like one of the best showcases shown.

Train

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 09:02:52 PM »
I knew Golden Road was coming since the Corvette was lost yesterday, but I did not think it would be today.  This is the first win since the first playing this season back on September 28, 2006.  Another treat about this playing is the rainbow was visible behind the motorhome, through its windows.  All these years, I thought the rainbow was not used because the motorhome or boat would obstruct it; shows what I know.

That was a great win from Devon, kissing Bob during the playing.

Well, Cody was very excited to play PL!NKO, it's a shame that he wound up with only $1,600.  It was interesting to see him kiss Shane and Bob before he dropped a chip.  It was well, entertaining to see Cody run around the stage and kiss different people during the close of the show.

Martha was interesting when she came on down and onto the stage.  I really wanted her to win Barker's Bargain Bar, and see her reaction and how Bob would react.

I don't think that TPIR has had a rocket scientist as a contestant before, but Ryan was fun to watch and it's great he won Double Prices, but it was a shame that he lost his showcase.

Any Number today was a real treat.  This the first time in a very long time that the 3-digit prize was lowered from the ceiling.  Stacey was a gracious loser, commenting on how nice the chandelier looked.

The TPIR fan club showcase was great!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:20:48 PM »
Golden Road - I was not expecting this so soon. I thought maybe Plinko. It was really nice to see it won today. This week is doing really great. All we need is a DSW to top tis off :-)

Plinko - What to say about Cody: overexcited, thats all

IUFB#3: :lol: When Martha went on stage to "check out" Bob, I thought this show couldnt get any nuttier!

BBB - Easy

IUFB#4 - A rocket scientist. COOL! This has to be one of the most interesting shows yet this season!

DP - I had no idea what to pick. Apparently Ryan did.

Any Number - She was doing well in the beginning but then wound up winning the chandeleir. She was a great sport though and that chandeleir reviel was cool. I dont think I have ever seen that for a pricing game.

Hi Lo - easy

Showcases - TPIR Fan Club is a definite nominee for best showcase of the season.

My Bids: $23,600/$24something!!! | $21,000/$511!!! (too bad I wasnt in CSS today)

Grade: 8/10

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »
Very great show today...one of my favorite of the season up to this point (premiere aside, of course!).

A thought...had it not been for a few huge Showcase wins over the past few seasons, would Devon have been the first contestant to break Danielle Torres' former daytime record without winning the Showcase?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »
Golden Road: Nice win! I picked 6, myself.

Plinko: That was rather funny. It's a shame he couldn't have won a little more money...

BBB: I lost this as well.

Double: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to play this game.... :-P

Any Number: Wasn't expecting that chandeleir. She was a good sport, though.

Hi Lo: Very nice win!

Credits: That was probably one of the most interesting credits I've ever seen.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
Man, I missed a really good show today.  Our station was doing their annual Mardi Gras day coverage, which I went to today.  Hopefully this will be one of the shows they rerun during the summer so I can catch it.

Awww, and Golden Road was played, too!  For a pretty expensive motorhome, no doubt!  And Golden Road was won, as well!  A very rare happening!

Or maybe I'm glad I didn't see it to not see Cody...

Man, those were some expensive trips in Bargain Bar today!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 10:22:44 PM »
Golden Road: I never expected this to show up soon.  Great Win by Devon.

Plinko: Interesting to see Cody go nuts upon iots game announcement.  Too bad he won a measly $1600.

BBB: Man, what expensive trips.  I would have taken Chicago, though.

Any Number:  I thought the 9 was in the truck. I would have never guesed the other one was in there.

Hi-Lo: The Arthritis cream and the Calcium were obviously high.  I thought the glade was on the hi row.

SC: I said $23K on the Mustang.  It was interesting to see Cody go bananas again.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »
Second day in a row with an awesome show.  Great contestants, some great wins, great Bob...just great all-around.

I have a hard time getting excited about Golden Road sometimes when it's played for a motorhome...but not today.  Devon clearly wanted to win that thing, and it was wonderful seeing it happen.

Cody was a total show-off, but somehow, he still managed to make himself likeable.  His antics during Plinko were ridiculous, and I couldn't help laughing at his dancing after he won the Showcase.

And on a similar note...you can't help laughing when one of the groups in the audience consists entirely of rocket scientists.

Margaret was completely hilarious when she came on down and skipped Contestants' Row.  Bob pretty much lost control of the show at that point.

It's too bad the "classic TPIR episode" in the first showcase couldn't have been a little bit older.

Congratulations on getting a showcase on the air, Travis!

wpghi5 wrote:

I got so uncomfortable seeing the way Cody acted in that episode today I'm going to end it at that. The episode was too much for me to handle that I have nothing to say at all.

Um...that really doesn't make any sense.

baymonster wrote:

Double Prices: Now this shows up.

Any Number: Typical.

Baymonster, if you're going to participate in our recap threads, we prefer that you actually say something with a little bit of substance.  You're not required to make a comment about every game; if you can't think of anything better than "now this shows up" for Double Prices, then just...don't say anything about Double Prices!

And those of you who missed today's show are in luck -- since the New Orleans and Mobile CBS affiliates pre-empted Price today to cover Mardi Gras, I've already asked Rick to upload it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.