Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007  (Read 40856 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 10:44:37 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6659

Gold is Not Enough?
At the opening of business today, the price is higher.  And here's some Price flashback:  When the show premiered on September 4, 1972, the price of four bars of gold was $265.  Also, on November 16, 1970, the day Shane was born, four bars were only $150!

TPIR Fan Club
Laptop Computer, which does not come with spyware - $999
42" Plasma HDTV - $2,698
Ford Mustang V6 - $20,045

Showcase #2
Carson's Contemporary Living Room - $4,860
Magnussen Montrose Tables - Here we are on their second appearance, and we now have an actual retail price of $1,586.  This means that the 1-800-flowers prize is worth $825.
Carpet One Good Housekeeping Carpeting - $2,292
Story & Clark Upright Piano - $3,278
Beachcomber 740 - $9,495

Modeling Report Card for February 20, 2007
Score to beat:  $77,571

You are not gonna believe this.  Any time you see Shane Stirling inside a motorhome, even if she is subbing for Rachel Reynolds today, you are seeing huge excitement!

The actual retail price of all of Shane's prizes today:
$135,553

With this amazing total, this is the 12th time Shane has exceeded $100,000, and it is her second most expensive modeling total in her five years with us!  She is now less than half a million dollars away from $20,000,000!  I should upgrade Shane to platinum once she reaches $20,000,000.  The projected date for "the day of $20,000,000" has also been pushed forward to March 8.

Oh, I'm just too overexcited, that's 28 prizes and a grocery worth $235,843!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 12:29:48 AM »
Marc wrote:
A thought ...  would Devon have been the first contestant to break Danielle Torres' former daytime record without winning the Showcase?

No. The only two other times I could find were fairly recent. Bobette on last season's opener ($96,080 - and YOU...Were There!), and Mary from last Sept. 28 ($94,028).

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 02:04:05 AM »
Not only was this show full of great contestants... the director even got the opening sequence right for the first time in years:

Rich: "You are (slo push on lights) the first four contestants on (bring graphic full) the Price is Right"...

A blessed miracle.
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:27 AM »
Jacob Wilkey wrote:

Ford Mustang V6 - $20,045

Pay attention to this price folks, I think this is only the "base model" price; unfortunately, I may be wrong on this account.  Did the Mustang have any options at all?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 02:58:06 AM »
A thought, since this site seems to be a TPIR FAN CLUB and TPIR staff endorses this site, parhaps well see it displayed on computer screens when they're offered on this show.

Just a thought.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 08:38:43 AM »
GoldenBulldog wrote:
Pay attention to this price folks, I think this is only the "base model" price; unfortunately, I may be wrong on this account. Did the Mustang have any options at all?

Yes, the Mustang had wheel locking kits.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline JRR4

• In the Audience
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »
Bob did say something strange on the show that confuses me.  As one of the contestants was coming up on stage, I think to play Any Number, Bob said something like "That was hard work, If Margaret had bid $1 like her husband told her to we wouldn't have had to go thru that."  I'm wondering if there were erveral overbids and they edited them out.  Did anyone else wonder what he was talking about?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
Cody, CodyCody... Cody.  What does one make of him?  I'll just parrot Steve:  he was a complete showoff, but a likable complete showoff.  His fondness of Gabi, getting Gabi and Bob to kiss the Plinko chips for luck, his "testing" all of his prizes after winning his showcase, his... being.

Cody liked Gabi, didn't he?  With Gabi kissing the Plinko chip for luck, and walking up the stairs herself to give Cody back the "dead" chip....  I was worried she might trip at the end of the show, when Cody took her hand and ran off.  She seemed to keep up just fine, though.  Not that I thought she was fragile or anything in the first place, but I'm impressed she kept up so well, so spontaneously, without tripping, considering the high heels.

Guess Cody kinda' stole the show, but a lot of the other contestants were pretty great, too.

Devon and Martha were pretty great too, making for a pretty fun first half.  Devon was really excited--didn't need a car to bring that out--and excited enough to kiss Bob.  Bob's first kiss from a guy today!  Yay for winning!  Martha was pretty enjoyable too, sneaking up on stage immediately to kiss Bob... no one was listening to Bob at all today, were they?

Speaking of Martha, did anyone notice the little strip tease she gave us coming on down, flinging off her sweater as she was making her way up to Bob?  Guess she wanted to give him a good show
Stacey wasn't called until eighth, but she had first half written all over!  Largely over-excited coming on down, and getting up on stage, really wanting that car... and winding up with the chandelier.  And the very memorable "It's a beautiful chandelier"--doubt it's what she really wanted, but made for a funny little moment, anyway
I guess Roger made Barker's Bargain Bar tough just in case Golden Road was won.  It's also why he's going to make the next nineteen playings of Barker's Bargain Bar equally tough
That big picture in the Price is Right fan club showcase looked a lot like the one that used to be on the front page of this site.  Was that the same image?

Bob was disappointed that Anthony wasn't one of the first four contestants, and as such, there was no chance of it being the second time in Price is Right history of having three contestants down there the whole hour.  Bob's suggestion of throwing Anthony back, though, ain't really gonna' solve anything, since, ya' know, the replacement would be even newer
Has Bob ever been kissed by two guys in one show before
wpghi5 wrote:  I got so uncomfortable seeing the way Cody acted in that episode today I'm going to end it at that. The episode was too much for me to handle that I have nothing to say at all.

Guess you had something to say after all.

heelsrule1988 also wrote:  The second half was lackluster, though

What?!  I mean, there was Stacey, and Bob's whole fascination with the rocket scientist group... I'm not seeing how the second half was lackluster, really.

SteveGavazzi wrote:  It's too bad the "classic TPIR episode" in the first showcase couldn't have been a little bit older.

I was thinking the same thing.  Why couldn't they have used an older episode, exactly?  I mean, if it's just the showcase showdown, then you don't have to worry about models getting on air that shouldn't be getting on air, right

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 09:59:47 PM »
Golden: WOW!!! The 2nd win this season!!! Devon really wanted that Motorhome. He kissing Bob was a funny moment. :D

Plinko: Me and my grandmother laughed couldn't stop laughing at the antics of Cody. Sure he was acting like a showoff, but give the guy some credit for his colorful attitude. Having Bob and Gabi "kiss his chips"   :hammer: and him kissing Bob was purely funny.  

IUFB #3: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? :lol: Maybe Martha really wanted to see what Bob's body really looked like?

BBB: Too bad Martha lost, but she was fun as well.

SCSD #1: Uh, Oh. Cody now wants to be an emcee. :-D

Double: Nice win.

Any #: Stacey was enjoyable and I'm glad she was a good sport winning the chandelier, instead.

Hi Lo: Very nice.

Showcases: ..And now it's time to end Tuesday's show with Cody and Gabi dancing to the sunset of winning the showcase and giving Rich a little love, too. The TPIR fan club showcase was fun, too.

A 4-star show.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »
Golden Road: For the Winnebago, I was torn between 6 and 9. What's important is what Devon picked.

Plink-lo: I wish I could say that all of great stuff that for a measly $1600. But, I was still worth watching Cody, etc.

Barker's Bargain Bar: I never would have imagined a trip back home would cost that much. The way that price is didn't seem like a bargain at all.

Double Prices: I just went for the higher price, that's all.

Any Number: Margaret and I were on cue and right on for the 8, 3, and 5. Then it got a little tricky from there.

One Bid 6: I almost thought Anthony was there the whole time, too. During the show, I also thought the only winners came out of the third position. I thought for sure one of them is going to the House after the fourth game. Plus, I could not see that necklace at all until the close-up. Poor Margaret.

Hi-Lo: If anything, the trick is figuring out which is more between the Space Bag and the Glade; but that's also easy to figure out.

I wonder if we can start a Fan Club...

Very Good show. I guess there's no question who the contestant of the day is.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
So they get a rocket scientist up on stage, and he ends up with Double Prices?  It's too bad Check Game wasn't scheduled instead... :lol:
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:15 PM »
I know it's a few days late...but I gotta bite. How in the heck have we had Golden twice in a calendar month? 2/1/07 and 2/20/07. How often has this happened? If ever?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 11:49:37 PM »
dmartin wrote:

I know it's a few days late...but I gotta bite. How in the heck have we had Golden twice in a calendar month? 2/1/07 and 2/20/07. How often has this happened? If ever?

It's not as rare as you might think.  In fact, the first year in which it was played less than ten times is Season 23, and it was usually getting at least 12 appearances.  In fact, believe it or not, in Season 12, it was played 18 times!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »
I understand, but it's usually a 1 a month game. Though, it seems like Triple was played twice in a month also. I guess they are gonna do some big stuff(the likes we haven't seen) before Bob's retirement. Maybe a big 3 game every week until June?(save for the rerun weeks we got coming up in March and 3 days in April)

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 08:17:56 PM »
I finally saw it on my DVR.  Cody was just a ham!  I probably would've acted just the same, but at least not kiss Bob!

And Bob, all I got to say is, the contestants are sure to be nuttier and nuttier as retirement day gets closer!  Brace yourself! :lol:
"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"