Author Topic: Banned Users and Missing Posts  (Read 6332 times)

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Banned Users and Missing Posts
« on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »
Quite a number of G-R regulars cannot access the forum at this time, and it appears (at least on my end) that their forum posts have been deleted. This includes, but is not limited to, Kev347, UniquePerspective and thepriceis_J.

Any idea what's going on?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
Re: Banned Users and Missing Posts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
It appears to be a "Marc and John had a bill that needed to be paid" moment. The golden-road.net domain was suspended briefly today.

I had that happen to me a while back. The domain in question hadn't expired; however, when the domain registrar attempted to verify the contact information, their messages bounced; therefore, they suspended the domain until we got back with them to straighten things out.
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:39:03 AM »
I'm sure that happen to every member yesterday and now the problem is fixed.............But when the domain was expired, I was hoping that blonde girl would show up. She's pretty attractive and we should petition Price to make her a guest model.  :P

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:23:58 PM »
I'm sure that happen to every member yesterday and now the problem is fixed.............But when the domain was expired, I was hoping that blonde girl would show up. She's pretty attractive and we should petition Price to make her a guest model.  :P

Oh yes, how could we forget...

I feel like I've come to be close friends with this lady the past couple of days. :P

Looking at the date on that post, this appears to be a recurring theme around December 20th.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »
When I tried to access the boards Friday morning, I got a page not available message. When I tried again in the afternoon I got that list of related links that is really nothing of the sort as similar to the one displayed below. I'd thought we'd been shut down until I was finally able to get on at night.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Looking at the date on that post, this appears to be a recurring theme around December 20th.
Surprisingly enough, much like last year, this December 19th episode also had Money Game and Balance Game.........But Nancy O'Dell wasn't a guest model*.

*Which might have been a good thing since she was pretty awkward throughout her time there. Nothing against her, but she shouldn't quit her day job (Host of ET).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:02:58 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
Surprisingly enough, much like last year, this December 19th episode also had Grand Game and Balance Game.........
My bad. (facepalm)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:14:31 PM by PriceBusterXL »