Author Topic: Bob Barker toothbrush for sale on Ebay  (Read 5809 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Bob Barker toothbrush for sale on Ebay
« on: May 30, 2006, 12:56:23 AM »
Don't worry, it's not what you think it is.

Here's a photo from the seller's Ebay listing:

And here's a link to the actual listing.

I don't think there's any connection to the...

...Bob Barker Company which offers a large inventory of detention supplies to federal, state, and local government agencies, and select businesses.

:-)
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Bob Barker toothbrush for sale on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »
Um, why would say there is not a connection.....

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:12 PM »
A toothbrush imprinted with the name "Bob Barker" doesn't fall under my description of "detention supplies."

If the toothbrush had the name of the specific institution in which it was used, I could see a connection, but I don't think there's a "Bob Barker" jail anywhere in the United States...  :-D
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:12 AM »
I know that this Bob Barker company sells things like soaps, shampoos, toothbrushes, etc. to detention facilities, and most of the time they just label them with "Bob Barker". And two or three times a year, I'll have someone ask me if THE Bob Barker has anything to do with all these supplies that are used in jails and what-have-you (the answer, of course, is no)...

But, I would not be shocked if that toothbrush did come from that Bob Barker company... After all, I can't see where else a Bob Barker toothbrush would come from. :-?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline dm

• Walking the Golden Road
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:36:08 PM »
I can vouch that this indeed is a toothbrush from Bob Barker the detention supplier. Some of the clients we used to have had these toothbrushes, as they also sell to state-run facilities for the developmentally disabled in New Jersey.