Author Topic: Fremantle to Launch Buzzr TV-Featuring Classic Goodson Shows  (Read 85400 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fremantle to Launch Buzzr TV-Featuring Classic Goodson Shows
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
^ Yes, I have the N-Z list also (that took a bit more digging to find, if memory serves).

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »
Some of those shows have aired on GSN----I've bolded them in the quote, and added comments in italics.

Still, there are considerable number of intact shows that have never been aired on GSN: All About Faces [at least one ep, way back when---and it's on YouTube], All Star Blitz, All Star Secrets [during the recent Time Capsule specials], Animal Crack-Ups, Anything for Money, Bargain Hunters (unfortunately, I wouldn't reair this), Blackout, the 1985-86 Break the Bank, Bruce Forsythe's Hot Streak, Catch Phrase, Cross-wits (1986) [2 eps, also Time Capsule], Every Second Counts, Face the Music, The Family Game, Headline Chasers [Want to say maybe; someone else can confirm---C-O], Guilty or Innocent, Hit Man, I'm Telling, Jackpot '89 [I've seen at least one ep], Judge for Yourself, later ABC LMAD, Liars' Club, Lingo (1987), and Make the Connection [Remember seeing at least one ep] in addition to what I've said in a previous post.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:58:15 PM by Chief-O »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »
All About Faces [at least one ep, way back when---and it's on YouTube]
I believe they have aired three episodes: the 1971 debut with William Shatner, a 1971 episode with Rich Little, and a 1972 episode with Steve Allen.

Headline Chasers [Want to say maybe; someone else can confirm---C-O]
A single episode from early in the run, yes, but that is all.

Jackpot '89 [I've seen at least one ep]
I believe they have aired at least half a dozen episodes.

Make the Connection [Remember seeing at least one ep]
I believe GSN has aired most if not all of the 13-episode run.

In addition, Judge for Yourself has also aired on GSN. Seven episodes aired in the early Fall of 1997 as part of their "The Lost Episodes" block, which was removed when the "Dark Period" began.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2015, 09:41:36 PM »
GSN really aired an episode of Headline Chasers? When?

Jackpot '89 last aired in the last Thanksgiving marathon they did, I think it was.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
GSN really aired an episode of Headline Chasers? When?
I believe around 1996, possibly as a Game of the Week. They have only ever aired a single episode, however, and I am not particularly certain why.

The episode in question was Bob & Mary vs. Anne & Dennis, which was rather notable for a vague final Headline Question which decided the game. The intro of the episode is below.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:49:33 AM by GuyWithFace »

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »
I believe around 1996, possibly as a Game of the Week. They have only ever aired a single episode, however, and I am not particularly certain why.

The episode in question was Bob & Mary vs. Anne & Dennis, which was rather notable for a vague final Headline Question which decided the game. The intro of the episode is below.<video snipped>

Thanks.

How odd that they'd just air it one-and-done like that.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »
I believe around 1996, possibly as a Game of the Week.
I always assumed the Game of the Week was strictly for shows where a single episode was all that was known to exist (like Eye Guess, Winning Streak or Number Please).

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:38 AM »
I believe Game of the Week was also used to show the 2,000th episode of the original Jeopardy!, as well.

Online pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2015, 09:26:52 AM »
Finally, Verizon FIOS provides Buzzr to my area! Let's hope its a good channel, and I'll be watching GSN during commercial breaks if the show isn't bad.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/