Author Topic: Coupon Boy's Price is Right Episode 1  (Read 24135 times)

Offline Bandon23

• Walking the Golden Road
  • HYO Contestant.
Re: Coupon Boy's Price is Right Episode 1: Segment 3
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »
I'm looking for this one... Higher would be a 100%.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
PLEASE tell me that is an expensive scale:

LOWER
  $40

Let's look at the bright side. You still have one punch, and as I said before that's all you need to win the $25,000 top prize!

Now, go punch yourself a fortune!!!

(Please choose a number between 1 and 50)
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »
*Brandon punches a hole in the middle of the board*

Just to increase the tension, you currently are the lowest winner on this half hour show. In order for you to overtake JustBecause and make it to the showcases, this slip needs to be worth at least $2,500.

....................................... ...............

(more dots)

(more dots)

However, if you managed to punch $25,000, you'll be the top winner in the showcase. Anything short of that will make SuperSweeper the top winner.

(more dots)

(more dots)

Would you believe it? This one punch of yours has won you..........

(more dots)

(more dots)

$2,500

Congratulations, Brandon23. Not only have you won $2,500, which is a good result from this game, but you've also secured yourself a spot in the showcase. :biggrin:

And we'll be looking at both of today's famous showcases after this message.

(Note: Hole #18 had the $25,000. Also, despite all of the amounts being allocated completely at random, holes 48, 49, and 50 all had $5,000. 8-O )

(Disclaimer: Allocations for both the Hole in One putts and the Punch-a-Bunch amounts were decided at random before the show began using random.org and were verified by Jordanar18.)

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 05:22:46 PM »
Our top winner today is SuperSweeper, and our runner-up is Brandon23.

Now, I'm about to show both of you a showcase filled with fabulous prizes. SuperSweeper, you must then decide whether to bid on that showcase or pass it to Brandon23 and wait for the second showcase. The person who is closest to the actual retail price of his showcase wins that showcase. However, if you are the winner and you are within $500 (NOT a typo) of the price of your showcase, you will win BOTH showcases!!

Now, let's see the first showcase:

Today's first showcase allows you to kick back and have fun in the water, starting with this new hot tub.

This hot tub features 28 jet ports and a high performing water cleaning system. Live beautifully, relax completely, from Beachcomber.

Next, we want you to have a week's worth of fun in the water on your Trip to Cancun.

You and a guest will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Cancun, Mexico for a 5 night all inclusive stay in a superior deluxe room at the Beach Palace. Featuring contemporary Mexican design, this sheik resort is a short walk from Cancun’s bustling night-life.

And finally, to help you have fun in the open water, how about a new sea-doo!

This Sea Doo GTI 130 personal watercraft features 1,494 CC engine and electric start. Trailer included.

So it's a hot tub, a trip to Cancun and and a new sea-doo, and it can all be yours if the Price is Right!

SuperSweeper, do you want to bid on that showcase to pass it to Brandon23?

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »
I'll pass to Bandon.

Offline Coupon Boy

Re: Coupon Boy's Price is Right Episode 1: SHOWCASES
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
Brandon, what is your bid for that showcase?

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10:57 AM »
Well, I hope Cancun might be a bit expensive. For me to say scooter, hot tub and trip to Cancun. I'll say that $29349 will be my prediction.

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »
Brandon's bid is $29,349.

Brandon:
$29,349

Now SuperSweeper, take a look at your showcase.

Your showcase takes you to Manuela's family tree, where she one day discovered that she had a long lost twin sister in Germany. So, she decided to connect with her German heritage by making some frankfurters and serving them on this hot dog cart.

This Cambro Camcruiser vending cart features insulated food storage compartments that will keep food hot or cold for hours. Its counter wells and closed storage compartments can each hold up to four full size 6" deep food pans.

Next, Manuela decided to visit her long lost sister, on a trip to Berlin!

You and a guest will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Berlin, Germany for a 6 night stay at a 5 star hotel surrounded by famous sites and top attractions. Plus, dive into the history of this city during your guided insider walking tour.

And finally, Manuela plans to show off her German heritage to others by ridding a new Volkswagen Beetle.

It’s the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible R-Line, which features a 2.4 liter turbo charged engine, 6 speed automatic transmission, wind deflectors, storage shelves, and Bluetooth.

And this showcase, in which Manuela introduced the punch buggy game in Germany :P, can be yours if the price is right!

SuperSweeper, I'm sure the audience can't wait to see you with that punch buggy, especially corneliuscarter. :P

What is your bid on that showcase?

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bandon's over, but just to play it safe, I'll bid $30,000.

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2015, 10:27:35 PM »
So SuperSweeper, convinced that Brandon has overbid, bids $30,000 for his showcase.

Supersweeper:
$30,000

Let's see if you're right. SuperSweeper, the actual retail price of your showcase is:

$43,778

for a difference of

Supersweeper:
$13,778

Brandon23, you must be closer than $13,778 to the retail price of your showcase in order to win.

....................................... ....................................... .........

(more dots)

(more dots)

Your bid was $29,349...........

....................................... ....................................... .........

(more dots)

(more dots)

The actual retail price of your showcase is..........

(more dots)

(more dots)

(Anyone notice a particular sequence in the number of dots on each line? ;))

(more dots)

(more dots)

$26,707

OVER
by $2,642

.................which means SuperSweeper is the winner!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now, in one last tribute to the original UK version of the show, let's review what you all have won.

Just because he's worth mentioning ;), Just Because has won a pool table and a Benny Bonus of $500, for a total of $3,100 in cash and prizes.

Brandon23, you have won a tennis table package, an espresso maker, and $2,500 in cash, for a total of $3,750 in cash and prizes.

SuperSweeper, you are by far the big winner today. You've won 4 pairs of designer sunglasses, a Benny bonus of $500, a Fiat 500 pop hatchback, a hot dog cart, a trip to Berlin, AND a Volkswagen Beetle. Your grand total in cash and prizes is:

$61,882

Congratulations, SuperSweeper.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

*crowd still BOOs SuperSweeper*

You unforgiveable bunch! I'll see to it that all of you are perma-banned from this studio. :twisted:

Anyway, we'll see SuperSweeper again on the Million Dollar Spectacular at the end of the year.

Until next time, remember that whatever happens, Coupon Boy's Price is always Right!

(Showcase breakdowns

Showcase 1:

Hot Tub: $9,693
Cancun: $6,430
Sea Doo: $10,584
Total: $26,707

Showcase 2:

Hot Dog Cart: $2,849
Berlin Trip: $9,514
Car: $31,415
Total: $43,778)

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2015, 10:40:39 PM »
I see what you did with the dots being the Fibonacci sequence, Coupon Boy.  Well done on your first show.
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »
It was close, but yeah very close. Nearly to get my 3rd win of this show. Oh well, things can happen.