Author Topic: College Basketball/March Madness 2007  (Read 24843 times)

Offline PaulMiller

• Taking a Bonus Spin
College Basketball/March Madness 2007
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:12:46 AM »
Well, it's getting to be that time of the year again.  Plenty of college basketball partisans here, so we may as well get this thread going.  My Gophers are going nowhere, but Bulldog's TAMUCC Islanders may be getting into the party for the first time.

On a slight aside, when I go out to Price for the March 7-8 tapings, I'm staying for the weekend.  I think I'm also going to hit up the semifinal session of the Pac-10 tourney.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: College Basketball/March Madness 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:16:42 AM »
Unfortunately, my Islanders blew a 12-point lead in the 2nd half and lost to fellow Southland Conference member Lamar by one friggin' point!  :cry:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 12:43:09 AM »
How about that Big Ten this year...

All eyes will be on the Buckeyes/Badgers game this Sunday (#1 vs. #2)...

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
More like the Little Ten... ;-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »
Man, the end of this season can't come fast enough.  So many things have gone wrong, it's a miracle we're still standing, let alone an outside chance of dancing.  Suffice to say, all the good luck we've had the last few years dumped down on us at once.

(And is it just me, or is something wrong with the universe when Illinois's football team is worse than Northern Illinois's and their basketball team is worse than Southern Illinois's?)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline PaulMiller

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »
Heels, this year Big Ten basketball is a lot like Big Ten football back in the day: the Big Two (Becky and tOSU) and the Little Nine.  Big Ten is looking like a 3 bid (Becky, tOSU, and Indiana) league.  MSU may get a 4th bid if they can keep winning after bumping off Becky on Tuesday night, but that's it.

Oh, for those of you outside of Minnesota, Becky = Wisky = Wisconsin.

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »
Looks like my A-10 won't have many bids this year.  Xavier looks to be the team to beat in our conference.

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »
49-48 what a boring game to watch i hate ohio state and the big 10 but watched anyway since it was 1 vs 2.  My Bearcats are well out of it  thanks to someone who won't be ever said by my mouth again.  So this year i'm rooting for Kansas State to make it and for Ole miss both former uc coaches coach those teams.  Xavier is cruising right now and should get in even if lose in A-10 tourney which would give the A-10 2 bids.  Another local team Wright State has a shot to get in but would have to beat Butler again in the final of the Horizon league tourney at the moment that is a one bid league.
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
I'm glad this season is almost over.  Hard to believe, but NCAA Tourney time is 3 weeks away.

Missouri Tigers are still alive from the NCAA showdown.  They lost to Nebraska 82-77 in overtime Saturday, which was their key game to keep the NCAA hopes alive.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »
catfan2002 wrote: 49-48 what a boring game to watch i hate ohio state and the big 10
May I ask why you hate them...???  Where's the love???

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
. I love Ohio state and I was born in  ohio hopefully they will win the ncaa basket ball touranment

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
Michigan State is in for the 10th straight year.  They have won their last four games, all at home, over Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana.  Two games left, currently sitting at 21-9 (8-6 in the conference).  Great season for a team that wasn't really expected to do much after losing 3 players to the NBA in the offseason.

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
Likewise, La Salle is out for the 15th straight year, barring a miracle...

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 07:34:33 PM »
Don't look now, but Illinois has won six of their last seven, has the same overall record as Michigan State (21-9), and is currently in third place in the Big Ten-And-A-Half (Penn State barely counts this year).  The Illinois/Iowa game on Saturday is practically a play-in game to the dance, as the winner will (probably) finish with ten wins and third (or maybe fourth) in a power conference.  I know I can't wait.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
You'll do fine. Mike Anderson is a far cry better than the pretty boy who got you guys in this mess (and I should know, I'm a UAB alumnus and fan, and I was working at Mizzou Sports Information when Snyder was hired).

I guarantee you next year you will go dancing, and within two years you'll be in the Elite Eight or better, with Anderson at the helm.