Author Topic: College Basketball/March Madness 2007  (Read 24936 times)

• In the Audience
Re: College Basketball/March Madness 2007
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2007, 12:05:11 AM »
hey heels i feel for the big loss of your team's mascot :cry:  i am so sorry dude may he root on the tar heels from the eternal promised land forever!  :cry:  

peace out to you and to the other dudes and dudettes of unc and on this forum!  :-)  

heck peace out to every good person on earth at this crucial time in history! :hammer:  

tpir4ever76
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2007, 12:03:03 AM »
Well, the matchup is set:  

2007 NCAA DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

FLORIDA GATORS
vs.
OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline PaulMiller

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
The only way The Ohio State has a shot in this one is if Oden stays out of foul trouble and has a dominating game.  Oden was in the game all of two minutes prior to halftime.  Otherwise, the title game could get real ugly.  I saw Florida came out of halftime and wipe UCLA off the map in every facet.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2007, 01:42:16 AM »
And Georgetown made me look very foolish tonight.  So much for my bracketologistical skills.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2007, 11:52:12 PM »
Ugh, the Lady Heels did exactly what our guys did. Blew a double-digit lead in the last 10 minutes and lost.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2007, 12:29:12 AM »
Well, it's all over...Florida beats Ohio State to win back-to-back national titles for the first time since Duke's run in 1991 and 1992.  The Buckeyes played a wonderful game, but I have to guess that jhc2010's singin' to the Losing Horns right now.   :cry:  :cry:

Now Rich Fields can proudly say that his Gators have two national basketball titles!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline PaulMiller

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
There was no way anyone was beating the Gators tonight.  That was about as fine a piece of team basketball as I've ever seen, and I've seen a few good ones.

However, what I wanted to rant about was the piss-poor directing at the end of the game.  I realize that sports consists of both the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, but could you at least focus a little more camera time on Florida winning another title, instead of spending most of the camera time on the Buckeye players going back to the locker room?

During the trophy presentation, just as Billy Donovan hoisted the trophy, he cuts to the WIDE shot where you can't see anything.  By the time he goes back to the close shot, the team is already setting the trophy down.

It was almost as if Bart was calling the shots for the game tonight.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2007, 01:44:33 PM »
So Florida won the National Title... But the Buckeyes are still proud that they made it to the Championship game after the miracle wins to Xavier (in OT) and Tennessee in the early rounds.  I'm just happy to have our basketball team back on the map after so many years of not competing...  Heck, the Buckeyes hadn't been in the basketball National Championship game since 1962!

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »
Congratulations to the Gators on claiming their place in history... and while I was disappointed when my pick to win it all (UNC) lost, I can't imagine how Heels felt during that game.

Here's hoping for lots of upsets next year to make up for this year's severe lack of them.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Ugh, the Lady Heels did exactly what our guys did. Blew a double-digit lead in the last 10 minutes and lost.

Heh, don't feel bad heels, your lady heels only lost to the NATIONAL CHAMPION LADY VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!! Pat Summitt truly is the best women's coach ever. It also doesn't hurt to have a player like Candace Parker.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
Well, it's all over...Florida beats Ohio State to win back-to-back national titles for the first time since Duke's run in 1991 and 1992.  The Buckeyes played a wonderful game, but I have to guess that jhc2010's singin' to the Losing Horns right now.   :cry:  :cry:

You mean this?

MRRRRRRRP...We lost the game, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now Rich Fields can proudly say that his Gators have two national basketball titles!

And a football title! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23