Author Topic: Safe Crackers Techincal Win  (Read 6182 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
Safe Crackers Techincal Win
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
Probably one of the few times this has ever happened in this game...

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Safe Crackers Techincal Win
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »
Dead bolts are better than that. :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »
I still miss the Pink Panther cue.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
Did anyone else think this thread was referring to today's playing of Safe Crackers (because the chair was hardly given a plug) when they first saw it?
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
Did anyone else think this thread was referring to today's playing of Safe Crackers (because the chair was hardly given a plug) when they first saw it?

Spoiler alert?!?!?!

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »

Looking at the recap thread, how could you (or anyone for that matter) come to that conclusion in the first place? 

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:58:37 PM »
Any idea when this clip is from? I know from 1985 or older because of the design of the safe, surprised this wasn't anywhere in the Timeline...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »

Looking at the recap thread, how could you (or anyone for that matter) come to that conclusion in the first place? 

You never know.  Certain G-R.net users in the past have tried to rewrite history by declaring their own technical wins.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 05:48:30 PM »
If they started handing out technical wins for the lack of plugs given, there would've been 50 perfect shows this season. Also, it was a chair. If they can't get the sponsorship on a chair, then there isn't much more to say about it other than it's a chair. There is, in fact, less to say about it than there would be a GP.

Very interesting technical win. I guess the stage manager backstage perhaps got the wrong word from upstairs or maybe the stagehand got signals mixed up.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »
Rest assured, I am NOT Michael Taylor!!! That guy still trolls around gskingdom whenever there is a Double Overbid and drives everyone nuts with his technical win nonsense.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 06:23:30 PM »
Rest assured, I am NOT Michael Taylor!!! That guy still trolls around gskingdom whenever there is a Double Overbid and drives everyone nuts with his technical win nonsense.

He's even around Youtube still proclaiming his nonsense comments.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »

That still doesn't answer the question, lol.  When it clearly doesn't state anything like that in the recap, how could you think this was from today's episode?

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
You never know.  Certain G-R.net users in the past have tried to rewrite history by declaring their own technical wins.

Oh, the good ole' days...

It is curious that you know his proper name and where he trolls around. Not accusing or anything, it's just interesting.

Very interesting technical win. I guess the stage manager backstage perhaps got the wrong word from upstairs or maybe the stagehand got signals mixed up.

I think this is probably what happened.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27:10 PM »
I'm just confused why there are people who like to declare their own technical wins rather than try (obviously unsuccessfully) to appeal the loss directly with CBS itself.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
That still doesn't answer the question, lol.  When it clearly doesn't state anything like that in the recap, how could you think this was from today's episode?

I honestly saw the thread title before I looked at the recap and thought that it was a spoiler from today's show. I then decided to look at the recap before I actually looked at this thread, and coincidently Safe Crackers was played today. I was 100% expecting a note at the bottom of the recap explaining the technical win and was shocked when I saw no mention of it. I then properly viewed this thread and saw it was an old playing.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I too miss the Pink Panther music cues.