Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/23/2007  (Read 15468 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/23/2007
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »

Production #3895K - Taped Jan. 17, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Gwendolyn Osbourne and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Necessitees

1   Trip to Lake Tahoe (via Reno; 6n @ Embassy)(GO)

KIMBERLY 1250
BRUCE 1750
LESLIE 2150
ARI 3500
($2425)

Leslie goes on a SHOPPING SPREE

$6000
(1) His/Her Snowboards$24943506
(2) Aico Trevi Bar Set23961110
(4) Broyhill American Armoire1288WIN!

(3) Picnic Time Picnic Baskets460

2   Croton Equator Stainless/Gold Watch (L-in the Row)

+Kimberly 820
+Bruce 1201
DOROTHY 900
+Ari 1200
OVERBID
($675)

Dorothy from Washington, DC plays GRAND GAME (Target: $8.00)

(3) Ziploc Freezer Bags (15 Gallon)$2.79$10
(5) (Quickie) Soap & Scrub Brush4.89100
(4) SnoreStop Tablets (10)2.991000Goes on...
(1) Gold Bond Ultimate Healing9.95LOSS

(2) Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter6.79
(6) Slow-Mag Supplement (60)11.68

3   2 Robinson & Robinson Easy Trend Recliners (GT)

+Kimberly 800
+Bruce *1101
DENISE 400
+Ari 1100
($2200)

Bruce plays PATHFINDER for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., ALB, Mats, Prot)(L)

Setup1stStart on [2]$2 -- -- -- --
5 3 8 2 02ndRight to
NO
7 1 1 6 5(2) (Pro Pots) Football Slow Cooker   10/12   12   12   *
3 6[2]0 1Back to [1]NO
4 9 2 5 3(1) Media Player   80/95   80   95
0 8 7 1 9(3) Pedometer   30/40   30   40   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1

$675Dorothy80 stay.80
2,012Bruce85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round
9,063Leslie45 +   5.50

4   5 Berlitz Self-Study Courses (GO)

+Kimberly 2
BENJAMIN *750
Denise 600
+Ari 1
($869)
STUPID BID

Benjamin plays RACE GAME

1st2nd3rd
Stainless Popcorn Cart14197501419
MCF Wallace Buffet Server7501419750
Husqvarna Lawn/Garden Equipment2535------- 2039
Grill & Chill Tailgate Grill2030-------2535
RIGHT[2]
WIN!
TIME LEFT:33:20:06

5   O.W. Lee Classico Baker's Rack/Ultra Downy (GT)

+Kimberly *741
MELISSA 450
Denise "6"
+Ari 740
($2067)

Kimberly plays MONEY GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, ALB)(GO)

174035-215-4
359016-317-1
1685-57065-bk
$153$15 2 ----   LOSS

Ari is still stuck in the Row, and that errant $1 bid earlier didn't help his cause. Now he has to scramble to get the egg off his face. Failure to escape means banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Helping his cause now: the last bid....

6   2 Stainless Patio Heaters (L)
ANN MARIE 1000
Melissa 3000
Denise 1200
+Ari 2201
OVERBID
($599)

Ari heads off to the clubhouse while Melissa plays COMING OR GOING for an Aico Tresor King Size Canopy Bed and a Comfortaire GS700 Sleep Set (GT)

---> $5898   (She's "Going")   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$2,260Kimberly10 + 10.20
6,497Melissa30 +   5.35Through to Showcase Round
7,593Benjamin60 stay.60

ROBAIR MACKEY SEMI-MEMORIAL STAG SHOWCASE ROUND

Benjamin has the honor.

SC1-Benjamin

WHAT THEY FOUND IN A CAVE
Capresso Ultima Espresso/Cappuccino Machine (L)
Whirlpool Gold Electric Range (GO)
Fleetwood Prowler 250RKS 25' Travel Trailer (L&GO)
BID$19,500
PRICE20,849
DIFF- 1,349
TOTAL$28,452

SC2-Bruce

PI(E)S
(Apple) Desktop Computer (GO)
Trip to Rome (6n @ Atlante)(L)
2 Yamaha 650 VStar Motorcycles (GO>)
BID$17,500
PRICE23,382
DIFF- 5,882

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $48,959

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: DISCUSSION - TPiR 02/23/2007
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »
Shopping Spree was really easy, and Bob did a great job of getting Leslie to change her mind after she originally picked the picnic baskets.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline TheKid965

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:38:42 PM »
Shopping Spree: A forced win if I ever saw one.  "Errol Flynn" indeed!

Grand Game: This one actually tricked me.  I wasn't sure if the cat litter or the lotion would be the one to avoid, but I should've gone with my first instinct.

3rd IUFB: They go to all that trouble for Denise, but she still gives a stupid bid.  Oh well.

Pathfinder: Tough one today.  I can't help but wonder how much longer those sliders will last, they looked really flimsy today.

4th IUFB: Ari gets the Bonehead Award for the day, and Kimberly was more than happy to present it!  NEVER do that unless you're LAST to bid!

Race Game: Benjamin proves that if you ignore the clock as much as possible and concentrate on what you're doing, it's not that hard to win this one.

Money Game: Kimberly, what were you thinking?  You should never try for the last two digits first!

Coming or Going: Another forced win, maybe?  Seemed pretty easy.

Showcases: Once, just once, I'd like to see someone bid more than $20K on a Showcase without a car.  No car != cheap, guys.  (Says the guy who actually overbid on both; I had $25,000 for the first showcase and $23,500 for the second.)

Overall: Slightly below average show.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »
Shopping Spree:  Literally a forced win.  Bob would not allow her to lose it.  

Grand Game:  Is this the first time Grand Game has ever been completely devoid of food items?

Pathfinder:  Ugh.  Last thing I wanted to see today.  How I could miss the fact that this game was part of the bonus point in AR is beyond me...

Race Game:  Boy oh boy, does the Dob love to put this game on Fridays where no one expects it or what?  Benjamin did a very good job of playing, I have to admit.  (Not that it takes too much logic to realize that when you go from 2 to 0 that you should undo that change and change the other two, but given the excitement of the moment, it happens less than you'd like.)

Money Game:  

TheKid965 wrote:
Money Game: Kimberly, what were you thinking? You should never try for the last two digits first!

Actually, it makes zero difference with regards to winning the game whether you go for the first two or the last two first.  You still have to get both pairs within five guesses either way.  In fact, it actually makes more sense to go for the last two first, since you get more money if you lose by guessing the big dollar amounts first.

That said...$17k for an Aveo?  This is the sort of thing I was referring to with my Race Game comment above.

Coming or Going:  I dunno.  I'd probably have gone overboard on this one, so it certainly wasn't a forced win.  Then again, it's a bed.  I don't know much about beds.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/23/2007
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »
Shopping Spree: Well give credit to Bob for earning Leslie that win there.

Grand Game: I knew that car litter was less even though it was much more than I first thought. $3.88 was the price I was guessing on.

Pathfinder: I would probably be really bad as Bruce did when it comes to guessing the SPs. Tough luck there.

SS #1: I wanted either Patricia or Leslie to win.

Race Game: It was all in the process of elimination when it comes putting the right prices on those stands there. Good job Benjamin on winning all 4.

Money Game: I don't see nothing wrong with picking out the last two numbers of the car. It's just too bad it wasn't won.

Coming Or Going: It was pretty simple. $8,000+ just didn't seem right for a bed.

SS #2: I wanted to Kimberly to win.

Showcases: A very good bid by Benjamin to become the big winner today.

Man there were so many good contestants being called down. I just wished they would have called them much earlier. Ann Marie I liked.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #169, Leslie! :-D

Race Game- Nicely done. Thought he was going too slow at first, but apparently, he knew what he was doing.

Bidding Round #5- #170, Melissa! :-D

Bidding Round #6- #171, Ann Marie! :-D

Showcases- We have seen some fantastic bids lately. Nice one by Benjamin.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Kimberly.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- An average week comes to an end with, you guessd it, an average show... Grade: 2

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
Until today, I thought Expensive Fleetwood = Jumbo Shrimp. :lol:

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Race Game:  Boy oh boy, does the Dob love to put this game on Fridays where no one expects it or what?

Ahem... :-D

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
Shopping Spree: Easy.

Grand Game: I was amazing the snoring aid was less. Too bad Dorothy didn't take the cat litter on the last pick.

Pathfinder: After being won several times to begin, the 2007 Impala has been lost twice in a row now. The game was a tough setup, too.

Race Game: Benjamin played this well.

Money Game: Kimberly had a lot of excitement. I wish I could have said the same for her playing. The setup for the last two numbers was harder than you think.,

Coming or Going: Easy.

Showcases: I thought Benjamin might have DSWed on the trailer showcase.

Overall: Average.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
Has there ever been an episode with two 4-prize games before?  Seriously... Shopping Spree and Race Game in the same show?!  Well, guess it's true what they say.  One cannot halt The Dobkowitz.  Then again, who's trying?

Kimberly was... kinda' insane, wasn't she?  Just kinda' really hyper, and really... really... really insane.  And I mean that nicely!  And... um... after that "wheelie"... yeah.  Kimberly was a bit insane.  I'm not sure if she did it to go down in wheelie history, knowing how contestans accidentally do it on the show, or if she was just that kooky.  I just don't know.  Looked like a Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle enemy dying, the way she was wiggling, though
Roger really didn't want Pathfinder won today, did he?  Hard car price and hard small prizes.

Speaking of Pathfinder, I can't believe the two price choices for the slow cooker was only a $2 difference!  Far as I can remember, that hasn't happened since January 23, 1998!

Grand Game wasn't likely to be won, either.  I'm honestly amazed Dorothy got te SnoreStop right--I still can't believe how cheap that  was--but that still didn't make the last choice easy.  Pretty much a toss-up between the Gold Bond and Tidy Cats.  Or heck, after the SnoreStop, would it have really been that strange if the magnesium had been the last sub-$8.00 item there?  Probably not.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Race Game).

Shopping Spree -- 3:17
Grand Game -- 3:05
Pathfinder -- 2:56
Race Game -- 2:40
Money Game -- 2:38
Coming or Going -- 1:10

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »
I do have to say...I liked today's lineup.  Very unique imbalance of games...three very long games, then Race/Money/CoG.  Very neat lineup!

I had my worries about Race Game.  Benjamin went mucho fast out of the gate, then started showboating.  Fortunately for him, he got the "switch two, check, and figure it out" strategy...which lead to a win.

Frank15 wrote:
Has there ever been an episode with two 4-prize games before?  Seriously... Shopping Spree and Race Game in the same show?!  Well, guess it's true what they say.  One cannot halt The Dobkowitz.  Then again, who's trying?

Someone mentioned in chat that Spree and Step Up were played together.  Definitely not as cool as Spree and Race.

Frank15 also wrote:
Grand Game wasn't likely to be won, either.  I'm honestly amazed Dorothy got te SnoreStop right--I still can't believe how cheap that  was--but that still didn't make the last choice easy.  Pretty much a toss-up between the Gold Bond and Tidy Cats.  Or heck, after the SnoreStop, would it have really been that strange if the magnesium had been the last sub-$8.00 item there?  Probably not.

It should also be known that this GP game did not feature a single human food product.  Very interesting stat, if you ask me! :)
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
tpirfan28 wrote:  I do have to say...I liked today's lineup.  Very unique imbalance of games...three very long games, then Race/Money/CoG.  Very neat lineup!

Race Game isn't long?  Is Race Game timed shorter than Shopping Spree?

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
tpirfan28 wrote:  I do have to say...I liked today's lineup.  Very unique imbalance of games...three very long games, then Race/Money/CoG.  Very neat lineup!

Race Game isn't long?  Is Race Game timed shorter than Shopping Spree?

Yup...Spree is 4.5, Race is 5.  Still...a great lineup nevertheless.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »
Very good show today! Shopping Spree and Race Game in same show. Pathfinder on the same week as Pocket Change (I used to think they alternated weeks).

Shopping Spree: Bob so wanted this won today!

Grand Game: Tough setup. I thought the Tidy Cats was more, but I knew it couldn't be the Gold Bond or the Slo-Mag.

Pathfinder: Even tougher setup. 0,1 or 2 for the 2nd number. Plus very tough SPs. Although, I got all 3 SPs right, I never would have gotten the price of the car.

Race Game: Very well played and very well thought-out.

Money Game: Tough choices on the last two numbers.

Coggy: Easy enough!

Another excellent showcase bid today! Great show to end the week!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »
Okay. For some, February 23 is one of the most infamous dates in recent Price is Right history. Why must it be depressing on my day of birth, especially last year? Well, let's hope it doesn't happen this year.

Shopping Spree: For a moment, I thought the streak would continue if Leslie kept on with the picnic baskets. I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Grand Game: Boy Dorothy took a big risk with the SnoreStop. I guess the tablets were less and the other kind is more. I know it's really between the Gold Bond and the 'Tidy' Cats. Most would think lotion would be less than cat litter, but this time I would have went for the Tidy Cats, only because 'Ultimate Healing' sounds like it's worth your money, including Dorothy's.

Patfinder: Trapped! The media player and pedometer weren't that easy, either. Also, I would've stayed on the 2 because I would have went with 1 and then 0.

Race Game: Come on, it can't be that easy. If Benjamin blew this one, I was going to throw something at the TV.

Money Game: Hard. Just hard. Any of those numbers could work since either ended in 0 or 5. Hard.

What Ari might think bidding those six items as he makes his way to the House: Hard.

Coming or Going: Ever since Bob said he was going on without Melissa made me think this game was going to commence in a fast pace. Also the easiness of the playing kept the pace as swift.

Not a bad show. So much better than last year. Kimberly reminded me of that guy that played Plinko recently.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.