Author Topic: 2015 MLB Season  (Read 70125 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: 2015 MLB Season
« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2015, 11:14:42 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2015 New York Yankees, where they couldn't score or hit for their lives if it mattered, now exposed on national television to be a laughingstock.

#FireGirardi
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #361 on: October 06, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »
Houston moves on. The Yankees didn't want to be there at all.

#TanakaIsNotAnAce

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #362 on: October 06, 2015, 11:31:05 PM »
Anytime the Yanks get eliminated in the postseason is a great day for America.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline Ronic

• In the Audience
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2015, 04:23:29 AM »
With the New York Yankees now out of the 2015 MLB Playoffs, the only team left, from the AL East, in the playoffs is...Canada's Toronto Blue Jays.

Never saw that coming, honestly.

O.o

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2015, 07:17:01 AM »
At one point, the Yankees were 8.5 games up over the Jays (who at one point themselves was 50-51).  Now they miss the division series yet again
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
Cubs at Pirates in the N.L. Wild Card game tonight. I love the Cubs in this spot for 1 reason: Jake Arietta. In his last 20 starts Arietta is 16-1 with an ERA of 0.86. His ERA since the All Star Break is 0.75 and his ERA since the end of July is 0.41. Having a dominant pitcher gives a team a huge advantage in a 1 game situation. I think the Pirates are the better ballclub overall but that domaint pitcher can swing things greatly in a 1 game playoff so I think the Cubs win this one.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
Anytime the Yanks get eliminated in the postseason is a great day for America.

I'm definitely happy.

#GoCardinals
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2015, 08:57:15 PM »
Well that's what happens when Cashman decides to do nothing before the trade deadline.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2015, 09:21:35 PM »
Cubs at Pirates in the N.L. Wild Card game tonight. I love the Cubs in this spot for 1 reason: Jake Arietta. In his last 20 starts Arietta is 16-1 with an ERA of 0.86. His ERA since the All Star Break is 0.75 and his ERA since the end of July is 0.41. Having a dominant pitcher gives a team a huge advantage in a 1 game situation. I think the Pirates are the better ballclub overall but that domaint pitcher can swing things greatly in a 1 game playoff so I think the Cubs win this one.

Well we know the Cubs are going to win--after all, Marty McFly saw quite clearly they'd win it all this year when he dropped in later this month....

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2015, 09:36:49 PM »
Arietta has been filthy against Pittsburgh after 5, retiring 11 of 12 on 2-strike counts. Cubbies offense not to shabby either. Up 4-0.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2015, 10:04:07 PM »
Benches clear in PNC after Arietta is hit.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2015, 10:56:22 PM »
And the Cubs are moving on with a complete game shutout by Arietta.

Since the Wild Card game has been introduced, the road team has gone 6-2.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
The Cubs end a nine-game postseason losing streak dating back to game 5 of the 2003 NLCS. Arietta was in complete control and once again the Pirates fall victim to a complete game shutout in the wild-card round.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:58:52 PM by bigblue999 »
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »
A huge congratulations to Jake Arietta on a fantastic pitching performance tonight. His pitching + Fowler's offense + Bryant's double play starting play to end the key 7th = Cubs win. Arietta really pitched like the Cy Young winner he will be.

Really looking forward to seeing the best rivalry in the National League in the next round.

The addition of the 2nd wild card has proven to be a thorn in the side of the Pirates.

Benches clear in PNC after Arietta is hit.

They play each other 19 times a year as divisional opponents and met in a series a couple weekends ago. Familiarity breeds contempt.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »
David Price will start game 1 of the Jays-Rangers ALDS today against Yovani Gallardo.  Former Jays manager Cito Gaston will throw out the ceremonial first pitch
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23