Author Topic: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One  (Read 24293 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:48:59 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been sitting on some script scraps forever, and since things have been a little slow in the HYO section, I finally decided to finish one up and host it. So, with the approval of Jordanar and hopefully with the participation and support of you fine folks, I'm pleased to present my first episode of virtual Price.

Of course, every game needs some rules, so let's have a look at those up front...

1. Everyone is welcome to watch and enjoy the game, but all prospective contestants must meet eligibility guidelines as stated in the official rules of the Host Your Own section.

2. As is customary for new hosts, this will be in the half-hour format, but with one slight change. Rather than just putting the top two winners in the Showcases and leaving the third player out in the cold, I want everyone who makes it up on stage to have a chance to be in the Showcase. Therefore, the top winner in the pricing games will automatically qualify for the Showcase, and the other two players will have a Showcase Showdown where the winner takes the runner-up's podium.

3. I will send players a forum PM upon being called down to Contestants' Row. After that, it is the player's responsibility to keep track of the game and see when it is their turn to bid/play/act.

4. All deadlines will be 24 hours, unless there is a valid reason for me to make an extension - I should be made aware of this reason in advance and not during/after the fact, either by post in the thread or a forum PM. On Items Up for Bid, a player that misses the deadline may still bid, as long as they do so before I formally buzz them out. In Contestants' Row, the first buzzout is a warning and automatic 9999 for that round of bidding (but they may still rebid in the event of a dive), and the second buzzout is an ejection, to be replaced immediately. Players missing deadlines in pricing games will be handled depending on the circumstances.

5. Audience participation is encouraged in most segments of the game. However, to give everyone in Contestants' Row a fair chance to make it on stage, please do not shout out any suggestions during Items Up for Bid.

6. Above all else, have fun! It is a game, after all.  :-)

So, enough about the rules - I bet you all want to know how to get in the game! Everyone who posts in this thread stating that they wish to play (as long as they satisfy the eligibility as stated in the rules) will have their name placed in the randomizer one time.

Since this will be a half-hour show, there are no automatic calldowns to be earned, but giving a good answer to my audition prompt will earn you some extra chances to get your name in the randomizer. All answers, whether funny or serious, will be considered, though a funny one will probably do better. The best four answers, as judged by yours truly, will earn a second instance of their name in the randomizer, with the best overall answer earning a third ticket.

Here's the audition prompt for your consideration. Again, it's completely optional and you can still take part in the game without answering it, but you'll have a better chance to get called down if you do...

The HR department done goofed. All the models have been scheduled to have the day off, and there's no chance of getting any of them to come in to work. George will hop out of the announcer's booth and do what he can, but we need at least two more folks to carry the show. Who can Mike Richards call?

I'll give you all till noon EDT on Friday to sign up and give me the best answers you have. I look forward to reading them and having you all take part in the show to come!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:09:41 PM by Jordanar18 »

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
The cardboard cutouts of Amber he keeps at his house.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:57:51 PM »
Who else? The Ghostbusters. There's also the show's newest male model.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:58:46 PM »
I'm ready to come on down! As for who Mike Richards should get on the phone, might I suggest:

1. Sofia Vergara
2. Kate Upton
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:12:57 PM »
I will gladly make a call to two of my favorite ladies, Renee Young and Summer Rae :)
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
How about my two favorite Barker Beauties: Janice & Holly.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:16 PM »
I think Shelly-Ann Fraser and Shalane Flanagan would be Mike's best two choices.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:33 AM »
Me and Guinty. Prepare for people to change the channel in disgust.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »
Based on the latest episode of Sports Entertainment, I'd suggest AJ Lee & Paige.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 07:02:35 AM »
Tiffany Coyne and Miss Payment from the UK version of Deal or No Deal. Convert those deal-ettes into Drew's beauties. Here's a picture of Miss Payment for those unfamiliar with her:

Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline JustBecause

• Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:27:22 AM »
Drew would convince Mike to have a Whose Line is it Anyway reunion special & therefore call in Wayne, Colin, & Ryan. The whole show would be 1 gigantic hoedown ;)

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:56 AM »
Starsky and Hutch.

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »
John Hanlon and Amy Reams :)
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Signups
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
I'm in. And who would we get to be the model?

Me! Look at all of my beautiful characteristics. The svelte 220+ pound body. The haircut that doesn't know that it's doing. The squinty eyes looking angry at this telephone pole. The smile that doesn't know if it's a smile or not. The fact that I'm almost pointing at said telephone pole. It's a perfect fit.

(This was 5.5 years ago, in what was a response to the initial screaming at a telephone pole comment from back in 2009)

EDIT: I misread and didn't realize it had to be two models. So who else are we going to get to model? Why none other than Henry Ford. Because he made the Model T, amongst others, he knows everything there is to know about modelling. Also, he's long dead, which will make for great entertainment.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:42:29 PM by UniquePerspective »
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Signups
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »
Let's see...

It just so happened that it was take your kids to work day, so Drew and Adam both have their kids model all the prizes on the show. Would certainly make for a very interesting experience.