Author Topic: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One  (Read 24168 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Signups
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Caity Lotz and Katie Cassidy - both in their "Black Canary" costumes

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:36 PM »
A Mike nightmare: Roger Dobkowitz and Harry Friedman.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:56 PM »
My, my, you have quite the quandary on your hands.

There are number of qualified professionals for the position. The model for the Venus de Milo, for example, would be a great choice for sweater vests. Unfortunately, I believe she's busy participating in the World Shot Put Championships. She'll probably rank last.

Then there's, of course, Jesus Christ. He would have welcomed home modeling wine fridges from Danby except they'll all be filled with water so he can show off. And when contestants win prizes on the show, they would be able to go and thank him directly instead of screaming upwards to the lights. He'd probably be offended that the contestants in One Away are asking The Mighty SFX Lady and not him. So that might have to be changed. There might be a problem though because I believe he's promised his first second coming appearance to Oprah. Although, rumors are circulating that Barbara Walters is ready to accept the undercard against Oprah before Mayweather-Pacquiao (which would probably be more anticipated at this point than Mayweather-Pacquiao) to determine who gets the interview.

So, with those two out, I'd have to go with Maury Povich and Nick Thompson. Maury would drag out the reveals for each game by at least an extra five minutes as he goes to the edge of the stage, receives a large manila envelope with the results, returns to the game's set, and reveals that "(Contestant) you are NOT the winner!"

Who's Nick Thompson? He's some random Reddit user who will become famous for sharing a photo of 50 Whopper patties stacked up in between two buns. Why will he become famous? Because internet, that's why. People's attention spans are so short, they'll make a blade of grass famous if it's in the shape a hashtag.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »
Well, it's been a couple days, so it's about time we got this show on the road. But first, let's see who won those extra randomizer tickets. Clearly, cu needs to host another show sometime soon, as some of you don't know how to answer the type of audition questions that he and I like to employ. I did see several good answers out there though, and four great ones.

First, the three runners-up, which each receive one extra instance of their name in the randomizer:

Me and Guinty. Prepare for people to change the channel in disgust.

I can feel the mouse pointers moving towards the Back buttons already.

Me! Look at all of my beautiful characteristics. The svelte 220+ pound body. The haircut that doesn't know that it's doing. The squinty eyes looking angry at this telephone pole. The smile that doesn't know if it's a smile or not. The fact that I'm almost pointing at said telephone pole. It's a perfect fit.

Still better than Lawrence Saint-Victor. I won't say by how much though.

I'd have to go with Maury Povich and Nick Thompson. Maury would drag out the reveals for each game by at least an extra five minutes as he goes to the edge of the stage, receives a large manila envelope with the results, returns to the game's set, and reveals that "(Contestant) you are NOT the winner!"

Who's Nick Thompson? He's some random Reddit user who will become famous for sharing a photo of 50 Whopper patties stacked up in between two buns. Why will he become famous? Because internet, that's why. People's attention spans are so short, they'll make a blade of grass famous if it's in the shape a hashtag.

"Driving to the hospital in A NEW CAR!" #AnimalStyle #InstantHeartAttack #PentaContaPattyPower

So... all of those were great responses. But the one that was pretty much an instant win for me was...

Who else? The Ghostbusters.

I mean, come on, if the question "Who you gonna call?" or some variation comes up, this is pretty much automatic. This was one of the two answers I myself had in mind when writing the prompt, the other one being Kathie Lee and Hoda... as long as Balance Game is not in the lineup and Grocery Game's theme is items from the liquor store.

Congratulations to cu, Jordan, and JJ for getting a second ticket into the studio and Prizes for also winning a third. The game will start shortly, once I get my next post assembled.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
"Walking" cue begins to play...

Randy West: Heeeeeeeeeere it comes!

From the Bob Barker HYO Thread at Golden-Road on the Internet!

The World Wide Web's most exciting game, filled with fantastic fake prizes! The fabulous Price is Right!

SuperSweeper... COME ON DOWN!
therealcu2010... COME ON DOWN!
thepriceis_J... COME ON DOWN!
And JustBecause... COME ON DOWN!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!

"Walking" fades into the TPIR main theme...

And now, here is the star of The Price is Right, Scott Bond!

(I enter and take the microphone handoff from Bill Murray, in costume as Dr. Peter Venkman)

Thank you, Randy West, and thank you, audience, for your wonderful welcome! I'm glad to see you all here today for another great edition of The Price is Right. Even though we only have a half-hour of airtime to work with, I've been told that we have over $100,000 in luxurious virtual prizes that some of you could be taking home today!

Therefore, let us waste no time. Let's have the first item up for bids on today's Price is Right!

Cue 30 plays...

Randy: Coming around on the turntable, Scott, we have a video game package!

(turntable rotates, video game package is modeled by Dan Aykroyd, in costume as Dr. Ray Stantz)

Immerse yourself in the world of gaming with this Xbox One! It comes with 500 gigabytes of storage space, two wireless controllers, and eight of your favorite games so you can plug in and play on!

As you all know, that will go to the one of you four who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over. We round off our retail prices to the nearest dollar, so please give me one bid each in dollars only, beginning with SuperSweeper.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
I'll bid $800, please.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 04:26:53 PM »
$800, you got it. *ding*

Next bid comes from cu.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »
$980.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
All right, $980. *ding*

J, you're next.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »
$1250
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
$1,250, very good. *ding*

And JustBecause will finish things up.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »
$1251

(Sorry J)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 08:47:41 PM »
$1,251 as JustBecause makes quick friends with J. *ding*

The bids are in, and the actual retail price of that video game package is...

$890!

SuperSweeper, come on up here onto the stage with me, right back to Door #2. Now that Xbox One and games are all yours, but we want you to win even more than that. But we don't have just one prize for you. Nor do we have two prizes. We have three great prizes that you'll have a chance to win! Randy, what do we have?

Second Thoughts plays...

Randy: SuperSweeper, we've got a gumball machine, a refrigerator, and a fireplace for you!

(Door 2 opens to reveal prizes, modeled by Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in costume as Dr. Venkman and Winston Zeddemore)

First, this Jumbo Giant gumball machine holds over 23,000 gumballs or jawbreakers! Living up to its name by towering over seven feet tall, it guarantees that no sweet tooth will go unsatisfied, as long as you have exact change that is. (Small child not included.)

If candy's not your speed, go for the healthy foods you have stocked in this French-door refrigerator from Kenmore! It features 25 cubic feet of storage space and Advanced Air Flow technology so even the items in the door stay cool.

But standing near that refrigerator may leave you cold, so warm up with this Spinafire fireplace from Malm! This wood-burning fireplace is designed for maximum efficiency and its porcelain construction makes it a stylish addition to any home.

There they are, Scott!

Thanks again, Randy. Now Sweeper, as you can see, you're going to be playing the game we call Mo$t Expen$ive. All three of those prizes can be yours, as long as you can tell me which one is the most expensive.

So which one will it be, Sweeper? Number 1, the gumball machine, number 2, the refrigerator, or number 3, the fireplace?

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »
*peanut gallery*

Number 2!
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 09:06:54 PM »
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.